Coyote Attack

31 Oct

Coyotes Attacking Little DogI got to be a hero once. It was a long time ago – not too long after I came to live with my people. It had snowed the night before – you know, that cold white stuff – and my person wanted to take me for a walk in it. I’ll go for a walk in any weather, as long as my person goes along with me. The snow wasn’t very deep – only about to the top of my feet when I stepped in it. My person said it was really pretty – it just looked white to me.

There are trails near our house. That’s where we usually go walking. Other people and dogs share the trails with us and usually a few other animals as well. On this day we were walking along minding our own business. The snow covered up all my favorite smells so I paid attention to the cold, crunchiness of it as I stepped. We rounded a bend in the trail and there they were. Three coyotes attacking a little dog! Those coyotes took one look at me and ran off. The little dog ran the other way and and when his person showed up my person had to tell him which direction to go.

I knew I had to give those coyotes a what for so I went off after them. Boing-o! I came to the end of my leash. Come on person, what are you thinking? I’ve got to go get those coyotes. I looked back at my person and I couldn’t figure out what she was doing. She was lying on her stomach in the snow – still holding on to my leash. She’d gone all the way through the snow so she was really lying on red mud. I don’t know what she was thinking. All she had to do was let go of my leash. It would have been so simple.

About these ads

Posted by on October 31, 2011 in Bongo, dogs, humor

Tags: , ,

32 responses to “Coyote Attack

1. 2browndawgs

October 31, 2011 at 11:04 am

Good job Bongo! Coyotes cam be big meanie-heads. But I think it is better that your human hung onto your leash. :)

October 31, 2011 at 11:52 am

Brown dawgs, my person told me that those coyotes might lead me to their buddies and then they’d all turn on me. I guess I’ve got to believe her, but I like to think I could take them all on.

2. Kari

October 31, 2011 at 12:04 pm

Whoa what a close call you had back then, your owner was doing a good thing by hanging on to you, coyotes generally arent very nice!

October 31, 2011 at 12:34 pm

Kari, those coyotes sure weren’t nice to that little dog. My person says if we hadn’t come along then that dog might have been a goner.

3. lolapup

October 31, 2011 at 12:26 pm

I hear them howling at night just beyond my fence and I want to go after them, but my person never lets me. I bet you and I could take them on together. Our people would probably veto that idea, too.

October 31, 2011 at 12:35 pm

Lola, you and I would make a great team. But you’re probably right. Our people would veto the idea.

4. sandrabranum

October 31, 2011 at 1:34 pm

Gosh Bongo, it’s a good thing your person held that leash tight or she might have lost you forever.

October 31, 2011 at 1:42 pm

Sandra, that’s what my person keeps telling me, but I’m sure I’m a match for an old coyote.

5. Marg

October 31, 2011 at 2:41 pm

We are glad too that your human didn’t turn you loose. There would have been no more you. Coyotes are very dangerous. Please don’t be chasing any coyotes. Take care.

October 31, 2011 at 2:52 pm

Marg, I guess it’s a good thing we don’t see coyotes very often – although I smell them a lot – because I really want to chase after them when I see them.

6. Laurie Bartolo

October 31, 2011 at 3:07 pm

Way to go, Bongo! Coyotes will pick on little dogs, but they generally don’t want to mess with a big guy like you. But it’s a good thing your person held on to your leash, because in a pack, they can be tough to contend with. It could’ve gotten messy and scared your person and I know you don’t want that. :-)

October 31, 2011 at 4:02 pm

Laurie, I really like running and chasing things, but I guess my person knows what she’s doing when she holds onto my leash.

October 31, 2011 at 3:37 pm

Bongo, what happened to the little dog? Did he make it? You sure were brave to scare them off!

October 31, 2011 at 4:05 pm

Rumpy, the little dog and his person found each other at the parking lot, which wasn’t too far off. The dog had some injuries, but nothing serious. What I don’t get though, is that his person said it was the third time the dog had been attacked by coyotes. You’d think he’d learn to stick closer to his dog.

8. deannamelanie

October 31, 2011 at 4:57 pm

Great job Bongo! You’re a real hero for saving that little dog.

9. Mumsy

October 31, 2011 at 6:36 pm

Oh, sweet Bongo we are so proud of you for scaring away those coyotes and saving the little dog. We are very happy your person held on to your leash because coyotes can be harmful sometimes. We bet she didn’t even mind all the snow and red mud to keep you safe. You are both heroes. Hugs and nose kisses

October 31, 2011 at 8:10 pm

Mumsy, my person said she thought about me and those coyotes every time she saw the red stains on her jeans. She said they took a long time to come out. Hugs and nose kisses back to you.

10. whatimeant2say

October 31, 2011 at 7:58 pm

Big Brave Bongo! I love the alliteration!

October 31, 2011 at 8:14 pm

Coyotes couldn’t conquer. Thanks Wonderbutt’s person.

November 1, 2011 at 3:13 am

You are a hero Bongo!

November 1, 2011 at 11:01 am

Thanks Bassa. It felt good to scare those coyotes away.

12. bonesdiary

November 1, 2011 at 3:47 am

You deserve a medal. We don’t get coyotes around here so I don’t know what one looks like, but I’m a little dog, let’s see if they’d like to take me on!

November 1, 2011 at 11:02 am

Bones, I don’t think those coyotes would stand a chance against you.

November 1, 2011 at 10:46 am

Coyotes are always trying to sneak in and take over. Go Bongo!

November 1, 2011 at 11:04 am

Philosopher Mouse, thanks. Those coyotes definitely can be sneaky.

14. b0ng0

November 4, 2011 at 1:23 pm

Hey, Bongo – I would love to go with you, meeting that pack of coyotes, I think we could be a good team, if our humans only would let us.
    btw I found out, the settings were “Never” – silly computer stuff … don’t you think as well, there are mice in it? Puzzle mentionned something like that – has to do something with the discworld …

November 4, 2011 at 1:44 pm

B0ng0, glad you found out what the computer problems was. I’m sure it was all the fault of those mice. I think a pack of us blogging dogs should get together and go after those coyotes.

November 22, 2011 at 6:30 am

Great post! Those coyotes are dangerous Bongo. They run away and lead you into the pack where its isnt so pretty or nice. Good job at protecting your human! By the way, I hate to admit it, but I had to laugh when I found out she was lying face first in the red mud… reminds me of my wife going for a walk with our collies and falling in the mud… a tale I will have to tell someday! Glas she is okay and my apologies for laughing… but I have been there that is why I find it so humorous! Keep up the great blogging! :)

November 22, 2011 at 9:28 am

Collies, my person says it’s okay if you laugh. One of the main reasons she helped me start this blog was so she could laugh at my misadventures instead of getting upset with me. There was one time when my person says I was almost a goner because of a coyote. I pulled my leash right out of her hand going after that coyote, but my leash got all tangled up in a bush and my person caught up with me. She says God must have been watching out for me that time.

16. life is a bowl of kibble

November 28, 2011 at 8:26 am

coyote howls are the spookiest sounds at night. You were in deed a hero.

November 28, 2011 at 10:28 am

Kibble, we can sometimes hear the coyotes howling at night. My person agrees – they are very spooky.

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 1,180 other followers