What’s for Dinner?

06 Nov

Scratchy and BongoMy person told me that God created the earth in six days and then rested the next day. She said He created different things on different days, but you know what? She said dogs and people were created on the same day. Isn’t that cool? My person also told me that all of us animals were brought to the first man, Adam, so he could name us.

I was really excited to hear about that first man who named me dog, which is God in reverse. I thought he must think I was very special to somehow put God in my name, but then my person told me that probably wasn’t the case at all. She said that man didn’t know English and would have had very different words for God and dog. I don’t quite get it. I thought there were only two languages – people language and dog language. Okay Scratchy, cat language too.

My person said that God told the first people to rule over all the animals but she said this doesn’t mean that people should be mean to animals. She said that God made people in His image and he meant for them to rule over the animals the way He would Himself. God loves what He created and wants his creation, including us animals, taken care of. My person says sometimes that means she has to do something I don’t like, like keeping me on a leash so I won’t run off and get into trouble. She also said it could mean that pets should be spayed or neutered so there aren’t too many and the ones that are around can all find good homes. Is that why I had those things cut off?

There’s something my person told me that really bothers me though. She said God gave all the creatures on the earth every green plant for food. That’s it? No meat? No way! What am I gonna do? My person said all that changed but she’s making me wait. She said that’s another story. I suppose she’s going to tell me next that lions are going to invite lambs over for dinner and actually give them something to eat. Scratchy, you want some of my plants for dinner?

About these ads

Posted by on November 6, 2011 in Bongo, Dogology, humor

Tags: , , , ,

14 responses to “What’s for Dinner?

1. Chancy, Mumsy and Crew

November 6, 2011 at 2:28 pm

Oh, we like this post. Mumsy has told us all about that first man and the lion and lamb too. Did you get you some yummy dinner after that great lesson sweet Bongo. You are so nice to offer to share with Scratchy. Hugs and nose kisses

• BongoDogOwner

November 6, 2011 at 3:19 pm

Chancy and Mumsy, I offer to share with Scratchy all the time. He won’t eat it though. I’ll eat his though but I have to steal it.

November 6, 2011 at 2:32 pm

I can’t believe Scratchy is sitting so close to you!
    I think your human is pretty smart in telling her stories.

• BongoDogOwner

November 6, 2011 at 3:21 pm

Thanks Rumpy, my person tells me some pretty good stories. Scratchy is just a copycat though. He usually sits and waits while I’m drinking water and then drinks some himself when I leave – even though he has his own water.

3. 2browndawgs

November 6, 2011 at 4:38 pm

So did Scratchy eat the plants and are there pictures? :lol:

• BongoDogOwner

November 6, 2011 at 6:39 pm

Scratchy won’t eat anything but cat food and tuna. I can look like I’m being real generous by offering him stuff because I know he won’t eat it.

4. The Good Greatsby

November 6, 2011 at 8:30 pm

If that lion can go without meat at that lamb dinner, so can you.

• BongoDogOwner

November 6, 2011 at 9:03 pm

Good Greatsby, I guess I’ll give up meat as soon as that lion does. -Bongo

5. sylvia

November 7, 2011 at 12:47 am

Hey Bongo

Dont worry there is meat…plenty of it…..Between i dont want your plants for dinner instead pass me the chicken if you have :)

November 7, 2011 at 10:44 am

Both RC cat and the German don’t mind a munch of greens, but only as an appetizer! What a great post.

• BongoDogOwner

November 7, 2011 at 10:47 am

Thanks Karen – I’m with RC cat and the German. Greens are good as an appetizer, but that’s it.

November 7, 2011 at 12:20 pm

Bongo, we have sharp pointy teeth for eating meat. Cows have flat teeth to grind and chew green things :)

• BongoDogOwner

November 7, 2011 at 1:30 pm

Bassa, I was trying to tell my person that. I don’t know what this green plant thing is.

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 1,204 other followers