Love on the Trail

17 Nov

Getting LoveToday was the coolest day on my walk. It was cool outside but that was okay. My person put her jacket on and I was warm enough, but that’s not the kind of cool I meant. Not only did I get a walk today, but I got lots of loving too.

At the trailhead we met four guys with cameras. My person said they looked like they might be from Japan. I think one of them took my picture. Maybe he has a famous blog and I’ll be on it.

But that wasn’t the best part. When we pass people on the trail my person always pulls me to the side and lets the other people pass. She won’t let me go near anyone unless they come to me first. She said something about some people not liking dogs. I’m not sure what she’s talking about. Everybody likes dogs – don’t they? At least they should all like people loving dogs.

Well today, three separate people came up to me and gave me love. Three, mind you. Some days we don’t even see three people on the trail. It was the best!

Come on person. I know you’ve got a flashlight. I’m ready to go back for more.

About these ads

Posted by on November 17, 2011 in Bongo, dogs, humor

Tags: , ,

29 responses to “Love on the Trail

1. thesweetkitten

November 17, 2011 at 11:41 am

You lucky dog!

November 17, 2011 at 4:20 pm

Sweet Kitten, I guess it is lucky to get to go for a walk and get loves as an extra bonus.

2. lolapup

November 17, 2011 at 2:00 pm

When I was visiting your area, we met lots of tourists (like us) and many of them wanted to snuggle me.We have tourists in my town, too, who are happy to pet a dog. I guess they leave their pets at home while they travel and they need some doggy love. I’m always happy to help just like you are.

November 17, 2011 at 4:21 pm

Lola, you have a good point. I hadn’t thought about the fact that we are helping people who miss their dogs. Some people even tell me they miss them.

3. unclerave

November 17, 2011 at 2:23 pm

Good Bongo!

November 17, 2011 at 4:22 pm

Thanks for stopping by Unclerave.

November 17, 2011 at 3:24 pm

Walks are a favorite of our collies! They love the adventures we have and love meeting people too. Your person is very wise about making the people come to you for some people are frightened of dogs for they have been bitten. We all know you would not bite them…. :) Love your blog! :)

November 17, 2011 at 4:24 pm

Thanks Collies – It’s really fun meeting people, and I sure wouldn’t want to scare anyone.

5. Nel

November 17, 2011 at 3:27 pm

I’m afraid Bongo that your person might be right about some people not liking dogs – a sad reality.

BUT! A lot of folks (people and dogs alike), like you so don’t stop to think about those other mean beings.

I’m glad you enjoyed your walk today. :)

November 17, 2011 at 4:25 pm

Thanks Nel. I guess it’s best to focus on the people who like me and ignore the ones who don’t.

November 17, 2011 at 4:55 pm

Count me in too!

November 17, 2011 at 5:30 pm

Rumpy, you’re on.

7. Patricia

November 17, 2011 at 5:05 pm

I don’t have a dog to go on my walks with me :( but I do like seeing other people with dogs. It is especially nice if they let me scratch behind their ears.. the dogs ears–I have no interest in scratching people ears– other than my own that is.

November 17, 2011 at 5:31 pm

Patricia, I’m glad you’re one of the people who like giving loves to dogs. I hope I meet you on the trail someday.

8. 2browndawgs

November 17, 2011 at 5:06 pm

Sounds like you had a great walk! Three times the love. :)

November 17, 2011 at 5:32 pm

Brown Dawgs, it was awesome.

November 17, 2011 at 7:18 pm

Sounds like a perfect day.Can’t let it end. Looking for the flashlight!

November 17, 2011 at 7:46 pm

Karen, it was a perfect day but my person wouldn’t get the flashlight. She said all the people who give loves on the trail had already gone home.

10. Andrea Thomson Viner @ Iowa Dog Blog

November 17, 2011 at 8:37 pm

I have to explain to Gertie that not everyone wants to be her best friend. She just doesn’t get it! I’m glad you had such a cool walk!

November 17, 2011 at 10:43 pm

Andrea, I’m like Gertie. I think everyone should be my best friend. My person has to keep me away from some people or I’ll go love on everyone.

11. Declan

November 17, 2011 at 10:57 pm

Hi Bongo. Saw you on Fabulous Flo’s blog and thought I’d stop by and say hi. Nice blog! Deccy x

November 18, 2011 at 10:23 am

Nice to meet you Deccy and thanks for stopping by. I’ll stop by and check out your blog too.

12. b0ng0

November 18, 2011 at 4:14 am

Hi, Bongo.
    From my part, I don’t get near to people I don’ know, but I like women and all kids up to their midth teenage-years, but I am kind of suspicious with unknown men, who talk to me while approaching
    After I have experienced my first 6 month as a street-dog in Bosnia, I won’t forget, which kind of persons did no good to me. If they just stand an talk to puzzle, the are allowed to, but it takes some meetings more, before they might touch me without me hair-rinsing and growling. The problem with male humans is, that they don’t accept the signs. far too many of them are overambitious to prove, they were kind of dog-whisperers and the ones who know how to dance with wolves.

November 18, 2011 at 10:27 am

B0ng0, You are so lucky to have a person like Puzzle to take you in. Even though my person adopted me from dog jail (the Humane Society) my life before then was nothing like yours. I can’t even imagine what it must have been like for you. I’m glad you have someone who loves you now. Oh yeah, my person says she didn’t even notice the hair-rinsing. She just read right over it as if it said what it was supposed to and she usually notices things like that.

13. b0ng0

November 18, 2011 at 4:17 am

oh no!!! not hair-rinsing, Bongo :D hair-rising!
    (puzzle did not pay attention.)

November 18, 2011 at 9:49 am

Congratulations on your treble love meet Bongo. Who could resist? :)

November 18, 2011 at 10:28 am

Bassa, it was awesome getting all those loves. I bet you get a few on your walks too.

15. deannamelanie

November 18, 2011 at 6:39 pm

Sounds like a fun walk, Bongo. Always nice to get love from nice strangers and with a face like yours, how could anyone pass you by?!

November 18, 2011 at 6:54 pm

Thanks Deannamelanie. It is nice getting loves. I can’t figure out why some people don’t want to.

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 1,163 other followers