Where are the Toys?

08 Dec

Bongo's Toys in the YardSince we’ve had snow in our yard and I’ve been stopping to eat it whenever I go outside I’ve been forgetting to do something. I can’t carry my Frisbee around and eat snow too, so I have to put my Frisbee down somewhere. Then I forget to bring it back in.

That doesn’t do me much good when it’s time to go out again. My person is supposed to grab the Frisbee so she can toss it for me. She keeps telling me it’s already out in the yard. She could go out there and get it, but she doesn’t.

I’ve got to have something with me when I go outside so I grab one of my squeaky toys. When I’m heading out the door my person tells me to drop it. She says it’s an indoor toy, and of course I’m very obedient so I drop my toy. My person didn’t tell me I couldn’t pick it up again.

I’ve just got one problem now. I haven’t been able to talk my person into getting me some more indoor toys.

About these ads

Posted by on December 8, 2011 in Bongo, dogs, humor

Tags: , , ,

34 responses to “Where are the Toys?

1. jaxart4animals

December 8, 2011 at 10:22 am

Haha… drop it & then pick it up again. That’ll show ‘em Bongo! You’re smart! Your personality sounds a lot like my Marley :)

December 8, 2011 at 10:44 am

Jaxart4animals, I’ve got to be smart to outwit my person. She’s got her eye on me all the time. I think Marley and I would get along real well.

2. lolapup

December 8, 2011 at 11:39 am

I have indoor toys and outdoor toys, too. I can’t understand why I have to discriminate. My person is so picky about dirt. Sigh.

December 8, 2011 at 6:04 pm

Lola, I don’t quite get that dirt thing either. When the trails are muddy my person even takes her boots off before she’ll walk on the carpet. People are so weird sometimes.

December 8, 2011 at 12:22 pm

what a kerfuffle Bongo, life can be so difficult when your Frisbee is mislaid, and now you have done the same thing to your inside toys!

Whatever will you do about ?

I do hope that you will soon be able to solve your dilemma

December 8, 2011 at 6:06 pm

Patreciau, I’m trying to get my person to solve my dilemma by getting me some new toys, but so far she’s not cooperating.

4. life is a bowl of kibble

December 8, 2011 at 12:26 pm

Poor baby :(

December 8, 2011 at 6:06 pm

Kibble, could you please tell my person that you think I’m a poor baby? Maybe she’ll feel sorry for me then and get me some new toys.

December 8, 2011 at 3:03 pm

Great post and picture! The Collies loved it for they carry all their toys out too and our yard is full of them everywhere! Wonderful post! :)

God Bless You!

Chuck and the Collies :)

December 8, 2011 at 6:09 pm

Chuck and the Collies, I bet your yard is a fun place to play, but maybe you’d better ask for some new indoor toys for Christmas. That’s what I’m going to do.

6. barb19

December 8, 2011 at 3:06 pm

It must be very confusing for you Bongo – inside toys, outside toys – what’s the difference?
    You need to sweet talk your person some more into getting you some more indoor toys!

December 8, 2011 at 6:11 pm

Barb, do you think you could talk to my person about getting me some more indoor toys? She’s not listening to me.

7. Uptown Dog

December 8, 2011 at 4:14 pm

I didn’t know there were indoor toys and outdoor toys. I thought toys were toys. I guess this explains why Mom won’t let me take toys with me on walks. Thanks for the insight Bongo!

December 8, 2011 at 6:13 pm

Uptown Dog, my person won’t let me take toys on walks either – not even the outside ones. She says I’ll probably get tired of carrying them after awhile and she doesn’t want to carry them for me. I really don’t think that’s very nice of her.

8. Patricia

December 8, 2011 at 5:02 pm

Maybe Santa will bring some new toys–both kinds.

December 8, 2011 at 6:14 pm

Patricia, I hope I get some new toys for Christmas.

9. For the Love of My Dogs

December 8, 2011 at 5:40 pm

I bet you just want to bring those toys in! We have the same indoor/outdoor problem and sometimes Scarlett sneaks by with outside toys when the whole crew is going inside. I don’t suggest doing this though, Bongo, because your person is not gonna like it…even if you somehow sneak one by her first :)

December 8, 2011 at 6:19 pm

Deannamelanie, I wonder if that’s why my person takes my Frisbee away sometimes when I’m coming in the house?

10. 2browndawgs

December 8, 2011 at 5:53 pm

You definitely need more indoor toys. lol Some years when there is a lot of snow, we have lost toys in the yard until the snow melts in Spring.

the 2 brown dawgs

December 8, 2011 at 6:22 pm

Brown Dawgs, I agree. I need more indoor toys. I’ve just got to figure out how to convince my person of that. I hope your people get you more toys when yours get lost in the snow. My snow doesn’t stay very long, so I usually get my toys back pretty quick.

December 8, 2011 at 8:24 pm

This sounds like a job for Santa Paws!!!!

December 8, 2011 at 8:56 pm

Rumpy, I’m getting my list ready.

12. Andrea Thomson Viner @ Iowa Dog Blog

December 8, 2011 at 9:28 pm

Bongo, can you explain to me why you doggies like to grab an INdoor toy when you go OUT? Gertie likes to do this. She’s always excited to go out, but sometimes it’s like she says, “Oh, wait just a sec, Mom. I gotta get something!” Then she runs back to the living room to grab the toy and tries to sneak it outside. She also got in trouble at Grandma’s house for taking the indoor gorilla outside (and chewing off its leg). :)

December 8, 2011 at 10:30 pm

Andrea, I think sometimes we do it because when we’re outside no one stops us from chewing off gorilla legs.

December 8, 2011 at 11:01 pm

Bring some snow inside Bongo and you will be able to play with it and your indoor toys! :)

December 8, 2011 at 11:07 pm

Bassa that’s a good idea. Now to figure out how to sneak that snow past my person before it melts in my mouth.

December 9, 2011 at 6:45 am

You haven’t found your Frisbee yet? I hope that Snata will bring you many toys for indoor and for outdoor this year!!! :)

December 9, 2011 at 8:44 am

Kevin, I’m thinking maybe if my Frisbee and all my other toys are out in the yard my person might get me more toys for Christmas.

15. KatiesCameraBlog

December 9, 2011 at 8:48 am

Indoor/outdoor toys.Such a dilemma. But i will say, it made for a great photo, Bongo. You are an artist!

December 9, 2011 at 9:14 am

Thanks Katie. From you that’s a real compliment.

16. Flo

December 9, 2011 at 3:16 pm

Flo has indoor/outdoor toys. It doesn’t matter which is which because it’s much more fun chewing the garden reticulation anyway.

December 9, 2011 at 3:56 pm

Flo, my person watches me close about that chewing thing. She doesn’t want me to ruin my toys – or anything else. I don’t know why. If I chew them up she could just go buy me new ones.

17. b0ng0

December 11, 2011 at 8:40 am

I would like to give you some of my toys, Bongo, because somebody in the dog toys industry seems to think, dogs love the scent vanilla. I don’t.
    And I don’t like squeeky toys; someting that squeeks must be edible, or is probably hurt by an accident – first case, I tried but failed, second I don’t like to do to my friends.

December 11, 2011 at 1:43 pm

B0ng0, you can send me all your toys – then I can keep taking toys to the back yard and not worry. I don’t get to dig where the little mice are like you do, so for me squeaky toys are the next best thing.

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 1,152 other followers