In the Temple

01 Jan
Anna at the presentation of Jesus (right), fro...

“Then Simeon blessed them and said to Mary, his mother: ‘This child is destined to cause the falling and rising of many in Israel, and to be a sign that will be spoken against, so that the thoughts of many hearts will be revealed. And a sword will pierce your own soul too.’” Luke 2:34-35

Okay person, I’m confused. What are these words you put on my blog talking about? Is this about the baby who started out life in a manger? After all, his mother’s name was Mary. These words don’t sound good.

Now I’m really confused. My person said this is the same child, but these words by Simeon will have to wait until later stories. She said that when the baby was eight days old they circumcised him – they what? – my person says “never mind” – and at that time they gave him the name Jesus like the angel had told them to.

My person says they met Simeon when they took Jesus to the temple to consecrate him. Hey person, I haven’t heard about any animals in this story yet. Oh yeah? They what? She says there were animals at the temple that they used for sacrifices. I didn’t know what a sacrifice was so I asked my person and she told me I didn’t want to know. Well whatever it is, I hope they treat those animals nice.

Simeon had the Holy Spirit upon him and was told he would not die before he’d seen the Lord’s Christ. When he saw Jesus in the temple courts he knew he had seen God’s salvation. There was also an old lady named Anna who was a prophetess and she knew who Jesus was too.

Mary must have been pretty upset when Simeon told her about that sword. Maybe she should let Jesus have a pet dog. That dog would protect them.

About these ads

Posted by on January 1, 2012 in Bongo, Dogology, dogs

Tags: , , , , , , , , ,

20 responses to “In the Temple

January 1, 2012 at 10:48 am

Great Post!!!
    What a awesome and terrible Prophecy by Simeon!!! Not only did he save us Humans Bongo, but he also saved a lot of animals in the process! :) The Collies liked that part the best. Jesus loved us humans and animals a lot to do what he did for us. Your human is doing a wonderful thing sharing with you and us these wonderful stories! We think you are right, Jesus needed a dog and we wonder if he did have one and they forgot to tell about it……

God Bless You!

Chuck and the Collies :)

January 1, 2012 at 3:31 pm

Thanks, Chuck and the Collies. My person says Jesus really did love us more than we can even imagine. She says there are lots of stories about him. Lots of people followed him around the country and I bet a few dogs followed along as well. Maybe even some collies.

January 1, 2012 at 11:23 am

I do believe Bongo that one day you will make a good spirit dog..I would love to have you as my Guardian Angel….
    That was a lovely story and your lady told it to you so nicely.

lots of love, licks and tickles

January 1, 2012 at 3:34 pm

Thanks Patreciau. I’m not really sure if you’d want me as your Guardian Angel. If you don’t pay attention to me I jump a lot. Happy New Year!

January 1, 2012 at 12:11 pm

Jen says that thanks to Jesus, they stop that sacrificing animals in the temple. YAY!!!!

On a different note, you are one of the Top 5 supporters of my blog this past year. Thank you SOOOOO much for that. I am so happy I met you and your human.

Happy New Year!!!

January 1, 2012 at 3:36 pm

Rumpy, that’s so cool about Jesus. My person says Jesus had to sacrifice himself to save the animals – that sounds like a scary story – but what he did was all part of God’s plan so it’s okay.

You were one of my Top 5 supporters too. Thank you very much and Happy New Year!

4. 2browndawgs

January 1, 2012 at 2:28 pm

Yikes talk of sacrifices makes us nervous. We liked the last story better. :)

the 2 brown dawgs

January 1, 2012 at 3:37 pm

Brown Dawgs, my person won’t tell me what it is, but I’m getting the idea that sacrifices are not good for animals.

5. angelswhisper2011

January 2, 2012 at 1:16 am

I always skip the part of the sacrifices, Bongo. Thank your person for this beautiful story.

January 2, 2012 at 10:56 am

Thanks Angelswhisper. I think I’d like to skip those sacrifices too.

January 2, 2012 at 6:58 am

Oh no…..I didn’t know that at the temple the animals were used as sacrifices…poor animals…
    Here he is, Jesus! I hope that he will save animals from the sacrifices! :)

January 2, 2012 at 11:00 am

Kevin, my person says Jesus did save the animals from being sacrificed, but He had to become the ultimate sacrifice Himself to do it. My person says she’ll tell me more stories about that when it gets closer to Easter.

7. Alfie - Alfie's Blog

January 2, 2012 at 8:25 am

Happy New Year Bongo and thanks for sharing your stories! *waggy tail*

January 2, 2012 at 11:00 am

Happy New Year to you too Alfie.

8. Bassetmomma

January 2, 2012 at 8:42 am

Sacrifice! Oh Dear! Fred’s just thankful he lives in this day and age or he’d be a sacrificed for sure! LOL!

January 2, 2012 at 11:01 am

Bassetmomma, it’s a good thing that neither Fred or I lived back then. I think it’s much better now.

9. Sunshine

January 3, 2012 at 4:40 pm

Enjoyed your story Bongo…humm, a pet dog? Perhaps a dog like … … …but hey, maybe Mary would have preferred a kitty like say, Scratchy. Ever think about that? Just saying…

January 3, 2012 at 5:31 pm

Sunshine, no – never a kitty. Can’t be.

10. For the Love of My Dogs

January 3, 2012 at 9:05 pm

Thanks to you and your person for sharing this story, it’s a good one even though the sacrifice is kinda scary for ya :)

Bongo, we’d like to interview you on our blog. If you’d like to add to your super stardom, we will email you the interview!

January 3, 2012 at 10:01 pm

Deannamelanie, I’m glad you liked my story, but yeah, I’m not sure I liked that sacrifice thing.

But I would be thrilled to be interviewed on your blog. Yippee!

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 1,179 other followers