Confession

13 Feb

Two Little DogsI’m going to get really serious today and tell you something personal. I don’t know if I can do this, I mean – serious isn’t fun and I’m sure you know how much I’m about fun.

Okay, here goes. This is a real confession. My younger person didn’t used to like me very much. He said I was bad and he didn’t want anything to do with me. It made me feel bad – so I’m not sure if I was bad, or I just felt bad.

Anyway, for the last several months my younger person has been spending a lot of time at the house of a very special friend. This special friend of my younger person has dogs – two of them.

These dogs aren’t like me at all. I’m not allowed to tell you what they do for fear of giving us dogs a bad name. Yeah I know, I’m not perfect but I’m good when my people are around – I am, aren’t I person? I’ve got to have a little fun when you’re not here.

Now that my younger person has been spending time around these other dogs he’s decided that he likes me much better – that I’m not so bad after all. All that being said, I can’t figure out for the life of me why my younger person keeps hanging out with those other dogs.

Monday Mischief Pet Blog Hop

Click here to find more mischievous pets.

This Blog Hop is brought to you by Alfie’s BlogSnoopy’s Dog BlogMy Brown Newfies and Luna, A Dog’s Life.

About these ads

Posted by on February 13, 2012 in Bongo, dogs, humor

Tags:

63 responses to “Confession

1. jaxart4animals

February 13, 2012 at 10:33 am

Bongo, I must confess something too…. Sometimes my Marley annoys me, but after I’m around a hyperactive puppy that doesn’t know better, it makes me soooo thankful that Marley is much more well behaved. And then I love him even more!! :)

February 13, 2012 at 11:08 am

Jaxart4animals, my person says I kind of remind her of the famous Marley, so I guess your Marley and I probably have a lot in common. I’m glad you get reminders that make you love him all the more.

2. thesweetkitten

February 13, 2012 at 10:37 am

Bongo, you are the best dog in the world!

• Dianda

February 13, 2012 at 10:42 am

This! I agree! :)

February 13, 2012 at 11:10 am

Dianda, I’m glad somebody agrees with me.

February 13, 2012 at 11:09 am

Thanks Sweet Kitten. I’m blushing now.

3. Alfie | Alfie's Blog

February 13, 2012 at 11:02 am

Hi Bongo – I’m glad to hear your younger person is coming round to liking you more. Sometimes all it takes is showing them how ‘bad’ other doggies can be for them to realise how very lucky they are *waggy tail*

February 13, 2012 at 11:13 am

Alfie, I still get into mischief sometimes – I just can’t help myself – but I guess these other dogs get into much more mischief. I’m sure glad, because it’s much nice to be appreciated because of them.

4. Higgins

February 13, 2012 at 11:22 am

Bongo, what’s not to love aobut you???

~Higgins

February 13, 2012 at 11:34 am

Thanks Higgins. I think my younger person finally figured that out.

5. Mom

February 13, 2012 at 11:39 am

Mischief? You mean when you get those flavored water glasses out of the sink? That’s a talent, Bongo, not a crime. And those other dogs? They look like trouble (or maybe it’s the black bars across their eyes that makes them look like criminals…)!

February 13, 2012 at 11:58 am

Mom, I’m glad somebody appreciates all my talents.

6. Chancy, Mumsy and Crew

February 13, 2012 at 11:44 am

That’s alright sweet Bongo…just hang on soon he will have spent enough time with those other dogs that he will fully appreciate you and want to be with you instead of them. Hugs and nose kisses

February 13, 2012 at 12:00 pm

Chancy and Mumsy, my younger person tries to tell me it’s not the dogs he likes to hang out with – it’s one of their people. I guess I have to believe him because he’s been much nicer to me since he’s been around those other dogs.

7. Bassetmomma

February 13, 2012 at 12:03 pm

So glad that your younger person likes spending time with you now Bongo! I guess being around those other dogs have shone the light at how good you are!

February 13, 2012 at 12:17 pm

Bassetmomma, my younger person says I’m really good in comparison.

8. dogdaz

February 13, 2012 at 12:23 pm

Bongo – I am very glad your younger person realized your wonderfulness. My younger person calls me a ‘devil dog!’ – Sofie Bear

February 13, 2012 at 1:06 pm

Sofie Bear, what is it with our younger people anyway?

9. Lola

February 13, 2012 at 4:09 pm

Sometimes mischief is just a dog being a dog. No matter how much we love our humans and try to please them, we’re still canines. I bet the more your younger person learns about dogs, the more he’ll love you.

February 13, 2012 at 5:14 pm

Lola, I hope you’re right. I can use all the lovin’ I can get.

10. 2browndawgs

February 13, 2012 at 5:07 pm

At least those other dogs have helped your younger person see how good he has it. ;)

the brown dawgs

February 13, 2012 at 5:14 pm

Brown Dawgs, I guess I really should be grateful to those other dogs.

February 13, 2012 at 5:56 pm

The German: “Bongo, what a puzzle. Everyone seems to like me better now that I stay off the beds (but the pillows are so soft in the afternoon.) My younger person and RC Cat do not get along. She call RC that “Devil Cat” …of course I agree with that…”

February 13, 2012 at 7:02 pm

German, I like those soft pillows too, but I have to sneak on the beds when my people aren’t home. I’m beginning to wonder about all cats. I can’t figure out what my people see in Scratchy.

February 13, 2012 at 6:08 pm

Bongo, since we’re confessing, I have a confession to make too. Sometimes I don’t like June Buggie!

February 13, 2012 at 7:03 pm

Rumpy, June Buggie is just bad. I wouldn’t like June Buggie either if I got batted at all the time.

13. Misty Shores Chesapeakes

February 13, 2012 at 6:20 pm

I’m so glad your younger person has seen how much better he has it with you Bongo :)

February 13, 2012 at 7:04 pm

Misty Shores, I guess I should be thankful for those other dogs.

14. whatimeant2say

February 13, 2012 at 8:07 pm

I’m sure it was nothing personal, Bongo!

February 13, 2012 at 9:52 pm

Wonderbutt’s person, at least my younger person loves me now. Maybe some day Dimples will love Wonderbutt too.

15. mybrownnewfies

February 13, 2012 at 8:51 pm

I have to say that younger people are not very fond of Leroy either, they love Sherman but I think Leroy is too “in their face” and makes them nervous because of his size.
    I am glad that your younger person is warming up to you!

February 13, 2012 at 9:53 pm

Mybrownnewfies, Leroy can come over and visit me. I’ll give him loves.

February 13, 2012 at 11:15 pm

Don’t worry Bongo. Your younger person likes spending time with his friend who just happens to have two dogs/ Little people like to hang out with other little people – it’s no reflection on you.

February 13, 2012 at 11:58 pm

Bassa, when my younger person is home he’s mostly on his computer anyway, so I’m happy as long as my person keeps spending time with me.

17. henrythebrave

February 13, 2012 at 11:27 pm

I’m so glad your younger person has come to his senses!

February 13, 2012 at 11:59 pm

Henry, it is a good thing, isn’t it? He didn’t know what he had before.

18. Sunshine

February 13, 2012 at 11:43 pm

Oh, listen Bongo, sometimes little persons do zany things like hang out but eventually, as they get wiser they come to see who really matters in their life. Chin up ol’ boy, you are the best (along with Rumpy, of course) doggy ever! :)

February 14, 2012 at 12:00 am

Thanks Sunshine. I wonder what my younger person would think of Rumpy.

19. angelswhisper2011

February 14, 2012 at 1:14 am

In the end, Bongo, it all will work out fine and your younger person will love you as much as we do. Btw it’s very kind of you to make the dogs unrecognizable :D

February 14, 2012 at 10:39 am

Angelswhisper, I didn’t want those dogs to get into more trouble because of me. Who knows what they would do then.

February 14, 2012 at 3:48 am

Ok, it certainly wouldn’t be nice to say that these two dogs aren’t charming, BUT who can compare with you, really?! That look, the smile, the …ears not to mention the super powers!

February 14, 2012 at 10:40 am

Thanks Marina – I’m blushing. I guess maybe those two dogs might be okay – just not like me.

February 14, 2012 at 6:32 am

Hahaha…the pic of those two dogs is very funny!!! They look like suspects!!! BOL!
    You have a really good sense of humour, Bongo! You are very much loved by many anipals and their humans and of course, by your human, too!!! I’m sure that your younger person surly loves you before long! Your charm is irresistible! :)

February 14, 2012 at 10:43 am

Kevin, my younger person decided he does love me now. He says he only puts up with those dogs because they live in the same house his friend lives in. My person thinks they’re cute, but she doesn’t have to hang out with them very much.

22. Rocco

February 14, 2012 at 7:14 am

My mom is a dog groomer, and I can always tell when she’s groomed “one of those dogs.” Soon as she comes home, she picks me up, kisses me and says, “I’m glad your nice!”

February 14, 2012 at 10:45 am

Rocco, I think dogs like that do us a great big favor. Our people appreciate us so much more because of them.

23. snoopy@snoopysdogblog

February 14, 2012 at 8:18 am

Hey Bongo,

You’re pawsome Dude!! Glad your younger person realised how lucky they are! :)

Have fun

Your pal Snoopy :)

February 14, 2012 at 10:46 am

Hey thanks Snoopy. It’s really great to have my younger person liking me more.

24. Jake's Dog House

February 14, 2012 at 10:09 am

Sometimes another dog does something cute that makes the young ones want one or love them … however your unconditional love will prevail!

February 14, 2012 at 10:48 am

Jake, my younger person says these dogs might be cute, but they don’t act cute. I guess I can be the cute one now. Thanks for stopping by and commenting.

25. capacina

February 14, 2012 at 10:16 am

I have family that doesn’t like my dogs.

February 14, 2012 at 10:49 am

Capacina, get your family a really bad dog, and then they’ll like yours more.

February 14, 2012 at 2:04 pm

Hi Bongo!
    Its great the younger person is liking you more. :) Its all about love… what else is there in the end?

Your friends,
    The Collies and Chuck :)

February 14, 2012 at 2:08 pm

Collies, I’m much happier around my younger person since he likes me better now.

27. Wayside Artist

February 14, 2012 at 2:28 pm

Sometimes Bongo people need to gain a little “outside” experience to realize how good things are at home, so getting to know a few other dogs puts you in a better light with your young person. I never doubted you were a good one…clever, smart, playful, curious, and loving!!! :)

February 14, 2012 at 3:42 pm

Thanks Nanina. I guess when people go somewhere else they find that the grass isn’t always greener – some dogs turn it yellow.

• Wayside Artist

February 14, 2012 at 5:50 pm

Oh! Bongo! :D

28. tylersat99

February 14, 2012 at 11:56 pm

I like to see other dogs for a short time but am always happy to be back with my Newfs. They still get in trouble sometimes but I love them anyway. We love you Bongo and I’m sure you little person loves you too:-)

February 15, 2012 at 12:00 am

Tylers, my younger person really loves me. He just had trouble admitting it until those other dogs let him know how wonderful I am.

29. weelilwimsy

February 15, 2012 at 6:49 am

Omg! Love the photo!!! Produced super smiles for the day!

February 15, 2012 at 12:05 pm

Weelilwimsy, I’m glad you liked the photo. My person said I had to protect the not so innocent.

30. sandrabranum

February 15, 2012 at 9:51 am

Don’t worry my furry friend, your little person isn’t visiting those other dogs. He’s visiting someone who has dogs and therein lies all the difference.

February 15, 2012 at 12:11 pm

Is that what it is Sandra? I could have sworn my younger person was going to see those dogs – but I guess I don’t know why he would when he likes me better.

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 943 other followers