Lifted Up

02 Dec
The Brazen Serpent, by Benjamin West; among th...

The Brazen Serpent, by Benjamin West; among the overthrown, an unmistakable reference to the Laocoön (Photo credit: Wikipedia)

Hey person, were those Israelites finally happy after Moses struck that rock and got water to come out?

What do you mean, they had more problems? It seems like one thing or another is always happening to them.

They wanted to go through Edom and the king wouldn’t let them? What’s with that king? Doesn’t he know who he’s dealing with? After all, those Israelites have me on their side.

Yes, I’m listening person.

So the Israelites had to go along the route to the Red Sea in order to go around Edom, and they grew impatient and started complaining again.

Weren’t they going the wrong direction? I might start complaining too.

I am listening.

The Israelites complained that there was no bread or water, and they were really sick of that manna stuff.

I guess the Lord was sick of their complaining because He sent venomous snakes among them and some people got bit and died.

I guess it takes a lot to get those people’s attention.

The people went to Moses and admitted that they’d sinned against him and against the Lord, and asked Moses to pray to the Lord to take the snakes away.

Then the Lord told Moses to make a bronze snake and put it on a pole. When anyone was bitten by a snake and looked at the bronze snake he would live.

That must have been some magical snake. Maybe we should get one like that.

What do you mean we have one like that in a way?

Jesus was lifted up like the snake? Jesus isn’t a snake.

Oh. Jesus said that just as Moses lifted up the snake in the desert He would be lifted up, so that everyone who believes in Him may have eternal life.

But person, it’s almost Christmas time when Jesus comes as a little baby. Why would anyone lift up a little baby like that?

Jesus grew up? Really? I hope he doesn’t grow up too fast. I want to make sure to get my Christmas presents.

***

Oh, I almost forgot. Speaking of being lifted up, I got so excited about Christmas coming that I almost forgot that I have something to celebrate today. Today is National Mutt Day. So I thought I would show you a picture of one of my favorite mutts.

Bongo

Shouldn’t I get some presents for National Mutt Day? After all, this is my special day.

About these ads

Posted by on December 2, 2012 in Bongo, Dogology, humor

Tags: , , , , , , , , ,

19 responses to “Lifted Up

December 3, 2012 at 1:05 am

The friendship of a dog is God’s great reward to mankind,,did you know dog in reverse is GOD..so therefore you are highly valued because you are a gift from God. I for one , think that you are wonderful and deserve rewards every day not just on Mutt day.Like every dog in the world..but unfortunately some do miss out and do not have a good life as God intended

December 3, 2012 at 1:27 pm

Patreciau, I pray for every dog to have a good life and a good forever family. And lots of treats.

2. angelswhisper2011

December 3, 2012 at 1:43 am

Of course you deserve a present on this special day, Bongo! Happy Mutt Day :)

December 3, 2012 at 1:28 pm

Thanks Angels Whisper. I’m going to see if I can stretch Mutt Day all the way until Christmas.

3. fati

December 3, 2012 at 2:31 am

The Importance Of A Dog’s Diet

4. Dalton

December 3, 2012 at 2:46 am

I think you should have lots of presents!!

December 3, 2012 at 1:31 pm

Thanks Dalton. I’m still waiting for my presents and my person says I might have to wait all the way until Christmas.

5. Molly The Wally

December 3, 2012 at 7:13 am

Hi http://colliesofthemeadow.wordpress.com/ have nominated your blog Cow Goat & Barn for my Share It Sunday guest blog. You don’t have to do anything just let me know it is OK by leaving me comment on my blog. http://mollythewally.blogspot.co.uk/. To see previous guest blogs they are in the archive or scroll back to Sundays’. Have a marvelous Monday.
    Best wishes Molly

December 3, 2012 at 1:43 pm

Molly, I stopped on by and commented on your blog – but it would be a real honor to be a guest on your blog.

December 3, 2012 at 7:56 am

Yes Bongo,that magical snake is excellent! Hmmm….if we believe in Jesus, we will have eternal life? That sounds great! :)

December 3, 2012 at 7:55 pm

Kevin, that snake really is pretty cool. My person wants to share some Bible verses with you about believing in Jesus. John 3:16 says “For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life.” And Romans 10:9 says “That if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.” It’s that simple. My person says she would love to send you a Bible so you can read these and other verses – and all the stories – for yourself. If you would like one have your mom email my person at laurapratt115@gmail.com.

• eripanwkevin

December 4, 2012 at 7:09 am

Bongo, please tell “Thanks so much” to your person for me and mom! I will let mom write email to your person when she has time. :)

December 4, 2012 at 3:54 pm

Kevin, I’ll tell my person to watch for your mom’s email.

7. snoopys@snoopysdogblog

December 3, 2012 at 8:41 am

Hey Bongo,

I totally think you should get some presents Dude, cos you’re awesome!! :)

Hope you’re having a fun day :)

Your pal Snoopy :)

December 3, 2012 at 7:56 pm

Hi Snoopy, I’m having a great day. Still waiting for the presents though – but I think there’s some cookies coming.

December 4, 2012 at 10:29 am

Lots and lots of presents for you Bongo an all mutts, like your Greek girlfriend here.
    Well, to be honest it’s her day, everyday, but there are people who need reminding!
    Hope you got lots of gifts and treats sweet Bongo! :-)

December 4, 2012 at 3:57 pm

Marina, I did get lots of treats but I’m still waiting for the presents. My person says I have to wait until Christmas.

December 14, 2012 at 8:24 am

ITs sort of hard to understand how the people could complain so much…. what we wouldnt give to see so many miracles of God daily! But, then once one got used to it I guess we would probably do the same….

December 14, 2012 at 10:56 pm

Collies and Chuck, I think you’re right. Even during Jesus’ time a lot of people hung around for the miracles and then left when His teaching got tough.

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 1,152 other followers