The First Miracle

27 Jan
Jesus making wine from water in The Marriage a...

Jesus making wine from water in The Marriage at Cana, a 14th-century fresco from the Visoki Dečani monastery (Photo credit: Wikipedia)

Hey person, that’s pretty cool that Jesus said, “Follow me” and people followed him. I’ve been trying that all week and I can’t get anyone to follow me. Well, except you that is. Because I hook you to my leash and make you follow me.

I guess Jesus was pretty special. So after he got all those disciples to follow him, what did he do with them?

He took them to a party? No way! I knew there was a reason I wanted to follow Jesus.

Yes, I’ll for sure listen, person. I want to hear about this party.

***

Jesus’ mother was at a wedding in Cana of Galilee and both Jesus and his disciples were invited.

***

If I had been following Jesus back then I could have gone to the party too.

I am listening.

***

While Jesus was at the wedding they ran out of wine.

***

That’s not so bad. I just drink water. They could do that too.

Oh. It was really embarrassing in those days to run out of wine at a wedding? So what did they do?

Jesus mother told Jesus they were out of wine? Why did she do that?

Yes, I’m listening.

***

Jesus told his mother his hour had not yet come, but he did what she wanted anyway.

His mother said to the servants, “Whatever he says to you, do it.”

There were six stone water pots that each contained twenty or thirty gallons. Jesus told the servants to fill them with water and the servants filled them to the brim.

Then Jesus told them to draw some out and take it to the master of the feast.

The master of the feast tasted it and called the bridegroom. He said to the bridegroom, “Everyone brings out the choice wine first and then the cheaper wine after the guests have had too much to drink; but you have saved the best till now.”

This was Jesus’ first miraculous sign and because of it his disciples believed in him.

***

Hey person, do you think maybe next time Jesus could turn the water into fish juice instead? I think I drank too much of that special water. I’m feeling kind of tipsy.

About these ads

Posted by on January 27, 2013 in Bongo, Dogology, humor

Tags: , , , , , , , , ,

19 responses to “The First Miracle

January 27, 2013 at 10:42 am

What a interesting miracle! I love he was a wine maker too.. :) Ginger is grumping that he should’ve given out doggie treats and sweet water so the guests could’ve taken it home in doggie bags for their dogs at home and the cats would have to watch… muwahahah Love your Sunday posts!
    God Bless You!
    the collies, the grumpy Ginger and Chuck who wishes he could’ve had some wine made by Jesus!

January 27, 2013 at 1:06 pm

Thanks Collies – even Grumpy Ginger. Ginger, don’t be too grumpy. Jesus made fish turn into so many fish that they had leftovers, so I’m sure the dogs got some of those – and the cats had to watch. God Bless You too.

2. Long Life Cats and Dogs

January 27, 2013 at 10:58 am

The thought of you tipsy, Bongo :D
    Do love your bible stories. Thanks

January 27, 2013 at 1:07 pm

Thanks Susan. I just slept off that tipsy thing. Naps are good.

January 27, 2013 at 11:59 am

Oh, sweet Bongo!!!! What a wonderful disciple you are!!! :-)
    For you he will make it anything you wish!

January 27, 2013 at 1:09 pm

Marina, I think I’ll ask Jesus for some dog treats – lots of them. And a swimming hole in my back yard. Oh, and fish. I heard Jesus is good at making fish.

4. Traveling Cats

January 27, 2013 at 1:59 pm

Hello Bongo. First time here (but not my last). Your blog was referred to me by a friend. Have a lovely Sunday!

January 27, 2013 at 2:00 pm

Hi Travelling Cats. Thanks for stopping by.

5. dogdaz

January 27, 2013 at 3:10 pm

Fish juice? I don’t remember that in the bible.

January 27, 2013 at 3:16 pm

Dagdaz, I was just hoping. Jesus keeps hanging around with all those fishermen. They must have some fish juice around somewhere.

• dogdaz

January 27, 2013 at 4:07 pm

Loaves and fishes for sure.

6. Sheryl Wright Stinchcum

January 27, 2013 at 10:20 pm

Great post, Bongo! You have a unique perspective on scripture and I like it.

January 27, 2013 at 11:08 pm

Thanks Sheryl.

January 28, 2013 at 6:26 am

Wow! Making wine fro water!!! I love those miracles that Jesus does for people! Always so amazing! :)

January 28, 2013 at 7:26 am

Kevin, Jesus is pretty amazing. All those miracles are awesome, and the fact that he was willing to die for us when he had done nothing wrong and we were the ones at fault is the most amazing.

8. mollieandalfie

January 28, 2013 at 8:14 am

Loved it Bongo, fish juice, I roll in dead fish on the beach but I’ve never tried the juice :) xx00xx

Mollie and Alfie

January 28, 2013 at 2:38 pm

Mollie and Alfie, you are so lucky to have dead fish to roll in. We don’t have any fish on my trails. My person says she used to live with a dog that would roll in fish (before she lived here) and she could hardly be in the same room with the dog. I’m sure she’d want to be with me though – even if I did smell all fishy.

9. angelswhisper2011

February 3, 2013 at 1:34 pm

Did I hear fish, Bongo… fish needs miracle water, he has to swim :)

February 3, 2013 at 10:40 pm

Angels Whisper, are the fish going to get tipsy too?

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 1,091 other followers