On the Trail Again

06 Mar

Bongo with his nose deep in bushesFinally! Today I was able to get my leash and put it into my person’s hand and take her for a walk. It’s been a week – well, except for one day that I took my younger person. I guess my person is getting better at chasing that bug away now so she can go with me.

I had so much to catch up with out on my trails. I had to find out which of my buddies had been by and which of them had left me messages. I bet some of them were worried when I didn’t answer for so long. Well, I sent them all messages so they know I’m back.

I was so busy sniffing that I almost didn’t notice when my person got her camera out. It’s that flower season time of year.

Wait a minute. What are these doing blooming? I thought I’d managed to get away with no Manzanita blossoms this year.

Manzanita bush in bloom

Last year the Manzanita blossomed in January. What gives?

I guess there’s only a few bushes with blossoms. My person can’t take too many pictures of them, can she?

***

We were almost back home and we’d even gone past all the Manzanita bushes – there are a lot of them on my trails – when I saw it.

I saw the strangest forest creature I’ve ever seen on my trails. I don’t know where it came from or what it was doing there.

I’m not sure what it is, but I think it’s some kind of forest fairy.

Seed pod letting out fairy seeds

seed pod letting out fairy seeds

About these ads

Posted by on March 6, 2013 in Bongo, dogs, humor

Tags: , , , , ,

37 responses to “On the Trail Again

1. Ingrid D.

March 6, 2013 at 10:35 am

So happy for you that you are back on your trails again!

March 6, 2013 at 12:24 pm

Thanks Ingrid. I love my trails.

March 6, 2013 at 10:49 am

Oh, it does look like a fairy …maybe your very own?! :-)
    [welcome back, Bongo's person!] :-)

March 6, 2013 at 12:25 pm

Marina, my person says thanks. That would be cool to have my very own fairy. I guess this one did grant a wish for me. I got back on my trails again.

3. Will and Eko

March 6, 2013 at 10:59 am

Looks like spring has sprung – bet it feels good to be back!

March 6, 2013 at 12:26 pm

Will and Eko, it’s so good to be back on my trails again. I’ve just got to figure out how to divert my person’s attention away from all the flowers that will be coming out soon.

4. Blueberry's human

March 6, 2013 at 11:04 am

Oooo – what is that? Very cool!

Glad your human is feeling up to walks again and you were able to catch up on your pee-mail!

March 6, 2013 at 12:27 pm

Thanks Blueberry’s human. It’s so good to be out on my trails again. And that fairy thing, my person and I have never seen anything like that before.

5. Echo & Link

March 6, 2013 at 11:05 am

Looks like spring at your place, how cool !!

Woos of love.

Echo & Link

P.s : we are organising a super cool contest at our place, and we would love for you to pawticipate ^^

March 6, 2013 at 12:35 pm

Echo & Link, we’re having really nice spring weather right now. I stopped by to check out your contest. I’ll have to look for just the right picture to enter.

6. angelswhisper2011

March 6, 2013 at 11:43 am

I’m so glad your person’s back on track, Bongo, maybe she can tell us why the fairy let us see her hair and not her face :D

March 6, 2013 at 12:35 pm

Thanks Angels Whisper and Little Binky. I think that fairy had so much hair that her face couldn’t find its way out.

March 6, 2013 at 12:01 pm

Hey! Wait a minute! How did that puff of my fur get all the way over there??? Usually those puffs just stay in my house on the floor, the couch, the bed, the furniture, the throw rug, Mom’s clothes, the coffee table….. Please don’t tell Mom it’s spreading. She’ll brush me for punishment! Keep on pretending it’s a fairy!

March 6, 2013 at 12:38 pm

Cupcake, I promise I won’t tell on you. Around here we just find lots of black clumps from Scratchy. My hair gets spread evenly – all over the house. Only the vacuum cleaner knows for sure.

• bumpyroadtobubba

March 7, 2013 at 2:42 am

I was going to say that about Bella & Beary’s ‘fluffs’ as Bubba calls them! Bongo, I’m so glad to hear your person has chased those bugs away and is feeling better :) x

March 7, 2013 at 11:57 am

Bumpy Road, my person say thanks. I’m glad she’s feeling better too. I was missing lots of nice weather out on my trails.

8. Writer Rabbit

March 6, 2013 at 1:25 pm

Had fun looking at your pictures. It’s not warm enough for spring flowers here.

March 6, 2013 at 4:09 pm

Thanks Writer Rabbit. We don’t have many spring flowers here yet, although my person’s daffodils and tulips are starting to come up. April and May are usually when we get the good flowers.

9. onebluedog

March 6, 2013 at 1:47 pm

I am so glad your person is feeling better and ready for walking again!

March 6, 2013 at 4:10 pm

Thanks Remy, and my person says thanks. She’s trying to balk at going out for a walk right now, but I’m not letting her get away with it.

10. sandrabranum

March 6, 2013 at 3:43 pm

Don’t feel bad, I don’t know what the brown creature with the white stuff sticking out is either.

March 6, 2013 at 4:11 pm

Sandra, I might need to get my Detective Dog hat on and figure it out.

11. Patricia

March 6, 2013 at 6:37 pm

I hope you get on your trails everyday so we can see how the fairy develops. I want to see what she looks like grown up.

March 6, 2013 at 8:25 pm

Patricia, we went by today and that fairy flew away. All that was left was the shell she came out of.

• Patricia

March 6, 2013 at 9:18 pm

Well, I guess fairies are like that.

March 6, 2013 at 7:04 pm

Wow! That sure is alot of cool stuff you saw today! Glad the human is feeling better!

March 6, 2013 at 8:25 pm

Rumpy, my person says thanks. I guess I had to put a week’s worth of cool stuff into one day.

13. BZ

March 6, 2013 at 8:49 pm

Love the fuzzy stuff at the bottom! What ever it is. :)

March 6, 2013 at 11:13 pm

BZ, that fuzzy fairy stuff looks pretty cool, doesn’t it? It’s actually seeds that can fly away.

14. Long Life Cats and Dogs

March 7, 2013 at 7:26 am

A forest fairy, that’s just beautiful!

March 7, 2013 at 11:57 am

Thanks Susan. It’s not very often those forest fairies show themselves.

March 7, 2013 at 7:35 am

We are very glad to hear that your person finally kicked the bugs out!!! My mom also loves flower time of year! peaceful and lovely!
    The last creature looks like a little bit dandelion, does it? We’re very curious of what it is!!!

March 7, 2013 at 12:02 pm

Kevin, my person says thanks. I’m glad she kicked those bugs out too. That forest fairy seemed to be coming out of a seed pot that was part of a vine. You could see the vine wrapped around a catclaw bush. I have to worry about cat claws in my house from Scratchy and then out on my trails too from those bushes. The fairy was similar to a dandelion, but the shape was different and it seemed glossier.

16. kolytyi

March 7, 2013 at 10:38 am

Bongo, I think you should get your own camera – which could capture smells, too!

March 7, 2013 at 12:03 pm

Kolytyi, dog cameras that capture smells. Woo woo! I like that. I could enjoy the trail smells all day.

17. Dalton

March 18, 2013 at 2:36 am

What a bizarre fairy!

March 18, 2013 at 1:54 pm

Dalton, that was a really cool fairy. I’ve never seen any like it before. And the next day when I looked for it only the seed pod was left. The fairy had flown away.

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 949 other followers