Strange New Plants

20 Jul

Bongo sniffing a pink thing in the groundIt’s been hot here, and very dry until the last few days.

The wildflowers we had in the spring are gone. We’ll probably have a few more in the fall, but for now things are looking pretty bleak.

At least I thought they were bleak.

But there have been some really strange things showing up on my trails lately.

Like the pink flower in my trail’s parking lot.

I’ve never seen anything like it before.

It almost looks like a miniature firework that burst on the ground and never made it into the air.

I wonder what kind of flower this is – or if I’ll see any more of them.

I might have to get my person to search it out on the internet. Sometimes she finds the names of plants on my trails there.

This pink flower isn’t the only strange plant I’ve found on my trails lately.

Some plants must really like the heat of summer.

I haven’t figured out though if this other thing is a flower or a fruit.

I found it growing on a bush, right next to the trail.

Native American looking thing in a bush

I wonder what kind of bush the internet would say this is.

Click here for more great pet blogs.

Click here for more great pet blogs.

About these ads

Posted by on July 20, 2013 in Bongo, dogs, humor

Tags: , , ,

20 responses to “Strange New Plants

1. Sunshine

July 20, 2013 at 11:34 am

Ha-ha…fun times on the trails, eh, Bongo!?!?! 😄

July 20, 2013 at 1:54 pm

Sunshine, it’s always fun when I find something new and different on my trails.

• Sunshine

July 21, 2013 at 4:04 am

litter bugs are hard to control but good thing you got a good tracking nose…☺

July 20, 2013 at 3:55 pm

Ok the firework flower but that other one, what is it, the hammer flower? And has someone hang a blue beed to protect it from the ‘evil eye’?!!! :-)

July 20, 2013 at 5:09 pm

Marina, I think hammer flower might be a good name for it. I think it has a picture of a moose on it too. And we don’t have any moose anywhere around here.

July 20, 2013 at 5:31 pm

Looks like some alien life forms have been visiting your trails. Be careful…

July 20, 2013 at 5:47 pm

Cupcake, we have so many reports of aliens around here. I wonder which planet these came from. I’ll watch out for them.

July 20, 2013 at 8:51 pm

Hmmm….I wonder who brought those unusual plants on your trails…..they don’t look dynamic….look very tired….maybe they need some water??? :)

July 20, 2013 at 10:16 pm

Kevin, they have lots of water now. It’s been thundering almost all day and raining off and on – sometimes real hard. They don’t even need me to water them. Good thing, because I’ve been running just a little way out in my yard with my water and then running right back in the house. I’ll see if those new plants are perked up tomorrow.

5. kolytyi

July 21, 2013 at 7:50 am

I’m confused. Is it an music bush flowering instruments or a fierce weapon bush?

July 21, 2013 at 12:40 pm

Kolytyi, it kind of looks like a flute but I don’t think it is. It must be a fierce weapon bush.

6. Bassa's Blog

July 22, 2013 at 12:14 am

It does look like a miniature firework – amazing!

July 22, 2013 at 12:15 pm

Bassa, I was kind of worried that it might take off into the sky while I was sniffing it.

July 22, 2013 at 1:19 pm

It’s Barbie pink. Maybe she dropped it?

July 22, 2013 at 1:27 pm

Karen, maybe Barbie dropped it when she was chasing after Ken. Or do you think Tour Guide Barbie is trying to take over as tour guide of my trails?

8. angelswhisper2011

July 23, 2013 at 1:10 pm

MOL… I think Old Shatterhand is back in town… or is it in the tree…. :D

July 23, 2013 at 1:51 pm

Little Binky, my person had to Google “Old Shatterhand.” We didn’t know who that was. Probably because it was written in German it didn’t become well known in the States. But maybe he is here. Lots of Western movies were filmed in Sedona where we live.

August 11, 2013 at 1:31 pm

gasp… is that a rocket? We have uses for that!!! Muwahahahah
    -Ginger

August 11, 2013 at 2:07 pm

Ginger, that could be what that thing is. I think it’s still hanging around. If it’s a rocket I’ll send it to you by air mail.

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 1,091 other followers