The Next Challenge

11 Nov

Bongo in his kennel with the door openIf you’ve been reading my blog over the past couple weeks or so you probably know that my person recently got me a dog jail.

I tried to put Scratchy in it and turn it into a cat jail, but for some reason that didn’t work.

And I keep getting locked in that dog jail every time my person leaves the house.

Don’t tell my person, but I have to admit something.

I’m kind of starting to like that dog jail.

And here’s why.

I’m getting a lot of extra treats because of it.

Every time my person wants me to go in there she puts treats inside.

I hope she never finds out that I’ll go in there without the treats, because treats are what I live for.

And I can sleep in that dog jail just as well as I can sleep on the carpet.

But there is one problem with it.

While I’m locked in dog jail I can’t steal the cat food.

So I’m having to take some bigger chances.

It’s easier when my person isn’t in the house, but now the farthest away she’ll be without seeing me is another room.

Next time I think I’d better wait until she’s farther away than the next room.

You had your camera in your hand already?

Person, you can’t put these pictures on my blog. There’s dirty dishes on your counter.

Bongo on the counter stealing the cat food

As long as my person is going to embarrass herself with these pictures, I might as well finish the job.

Bongo eating all the cat food

At least if I get in trouble now it was worth it.

Monday Mischief Pet Blog Hop

Click here to find more mischievous pets.

About these ads

Posted by on November 11, 2013 in Bongo, dogs, humor

Tags: , , , , , , ,

46 responses to “The Next Challenge

1. PigLove

November 11, 2013 at 10:58 am

Snorts – I like the way you think. Mom/dad “use” to put me in piggy jail when they left the house. I took care of that really quick by tearing the door off of the jail cell one night when they were out. No door – no jail cell – snorts. XOXO – Bacon

November 11, 2013 at 10:13 pm

Great job Bacon. My person never got me a dog jail before because she was afraid I’d do the same thing – but she found out about this heavy duty kind so now I’m stuck.

• PigLove

November 12, 2013 at 5:17 am

Well I’m definitely not showing this message to mom and dad. It may give them ideas again for me. Why do the humans insist on doing this to us? What if we put them in cages. Now that would be funny, wouldn’t it? XOXO – Bacon

November 12, 2013 at 1:43 pm

Bacon, what a great idea. Let’s lock our people in cages for a day. That might make them think twice on what they do to us.

• PigLove

November 12, 2013 at 3:01 pm

Snorts – so true. I’ll see what I can do tonight to capture – I mean lock up mom – snorts. XOXO – Bacon

November 12, 2013 at 11:04 pm

I think I might have to knock my person over first so she’ll fit through the door.

• PigLove

November 13, 2013 at 6:47 am

Snorts. I don’t use mine now. I took care of that – snorts. But when I did, mom/dad would sit on the floor sometimes and rub my belly while I bedded down for the night when they read me my bedtime story. That would have been an ideal time to reverse the operation. Can you imagine me stuffing mommy in the crate and reading *her* a bedtime story? Snorts. XOXO – Bacon

November 13, 2013 at 10:58 am

Bacon, I bet your mom would get tired of hearing The Three Little Pigs every night. That might help her go to sleep in that crate if she kept hearing the same story.

• PigLove

November 13, 2013 at 12:06 pm

Snorts. Thank goodness she always tells me a different one. I think even *I* would go stark raving mad – snorts. XOXO – Bacon

November 11, 2013 at 11:42 am

it is obvious you were helping your person wash up the dishes!!! ;-)

November 11, 2013 at 10:13 pm

Marina, I wish my person would appreciate that. She hardly ever has to wash Scratchy’s dish because I do it for her.

3. Jessica Rhae (@YDWWYW)

November 11, 2013 at 12:09 pm

Chester & Gretel love their jails because it means treats too. We don’t have cat food for them to eat but we have to put them away so they don’t eat sock and underwear and stuff. Now THAT would make for an embarrassing picture :)

November 11, 2013 at 10:16 pm

Jessica Rhae, I’ve never tried the socks and underwear, but I do pull things out of the closet when there’s a thunderstorm. I hope my dog jail protects me from those storms.

4. Will and Eko

November 11, 2013 at 12:17 pm

You’re just keeping the kitchen clean and tidy!

November 11, 2013 at 10:16 pm

Will and Eko, somebody’s got to do it.

5. stanze

November 11, 2013 at 12:25 pm

Your person seems to like when you clean the cat food bowls. ^^

November 11, 2013 at 10:17 pm

Stanze, she says she would have yelled at me sooner, but since she already had the camera in her hand she couldn’t miss out on the photo opportunity. I guess that camera is good for something.

November 11, 2013 at 12:35 pm

Molly has a doggie retreat. She finally stopped eating her blankets and is now enjoying a nice padded spot (although she sometimes does choose to rearrange her blankets’ order). She sleeps there at night so she doesn’t chase RC around the house in the dark – but now when she’s tired she’ll nap there during the day sometimes – we just leave the door open so it’s up to her then.
    The German is like Pig Love – can’t tell you how many crates she destroyed.

November 11, 2013 at 10:19 pm

Karen, that’s why I never had a crate until now. My person figured I’d just destroy it so she didn’t want to waste the money. Then she found out about this super duper heavy duty one. I haven’t figured out how to get out of it yet.

• philosophermouseofthehedge

November 12, 2013 at 7:20 am

Bongo – Person must think you are extra special to find this extra special resting spot. Looks pretty sturdy – and you have a view!

7. meANXIETYme

November 11, 2013 at 12:35 pm

Yay for treats in your doggy den! Eat ‘em up and stay comfy in your den.

November 11, 2013 at 10:20 pm

Me, treats are the best – anytime, anywhere.

8. angelswhisper2011

November 11, 2013 at 1:46 pm

OMC, Bongo. Dog jail at home?? At least you’ve got yourself some curtains to make it look cosy inside. Don’t be sad, Pal, it’s obvious that you’re only cleaning the dishes :)

November 11, 2013 at 10:21 pm

Little Binky, I was trying to do my person a favor. I don’t know why she never appreciates it when I do things for her. At least she didn’t lock me in dog jail.

9. FleaByte

November 11, 2013 at 2:01 pm

Bongo, don’t you know that your mom can read?

November 11, 2013 at 10:22 pm

FleaByte, she’d never read my blog. She thinks she already knows everything about me.

10. Kris, Neighbor Chick

November 11, 2013 at 2:27 pm

Oh Bongo, you’re such a selfless helper! You deserve all the treats and no jail time! My beagle boys don’t have a jail, but if they will be left alone in the house, we keep them in the kitchen. Our kitchen floor isn’t nearly as nice as your person’s! Have a great day!

November 11, 2013 at 10:30 pm

Kris, I didn’t have a jail for a long time, but my person says I’m getting uncontrollable if I’m left home alone during a thunderstorm. We shouldn’t have any storms for a long time now. She could just give me the treats and forget about the jail.

November 11, 2013 at 5:22 pm

The elusive counter top…. Jail or no jail, you are a lucky dog, B!

November 11, 2013 at 10:31 pm

Cupcake, if you come over for a visit I’ll boost you up so you can reach the counter top too. Cat food is really good.

12. Patricia

November 11, 2013 at 5:40 pm

Don’t think of it as a jail. It is your very own room. Scratchy doesn’t have his own room does he?

November 11, 2013 at 10:31 pm

Patricia, I hadn’t thought of that. I’ve got my own room and all Scratchy has is a litter box.

13. Two French Bulldogs

November 11, 2013 at 5:51 pm

Why do they always catch us!
    Lily

November 11, 2013 at 10:32 pm

Lily, I don’t know, but it sure isn’t fair.

14. snoopys@snoopysdogblog

November 11, 2013 at 8:08 pm

Hey Bongo

I think the jail is part of a challenge from your Mom, she’s restricting your time to do mischief to see just how well you’ve perfected your skills!! And I know you will impress her! Way to go Dude!

I hope you’re having a fun day,

Your pal Snoopy :)

November 11, 2013 at 10:33 pm

Thanks Snoopy. It definitely is helping me with my mischief skills.

15. Pat

November 12, 2013 at 6:03 am

Indy loves his crate. Sometimes he climbs in it just to have a quiet nap.

November 12, 2013 at 1:45 pm

Pat, I haven’t gone in there just to nap yet, but I sure like going in there after treats. Thanks for stopping by and commenting.

November 12, 2013 at 7:00 am

Wow! I’m glad to hear that you started to like the dog jail(!) Well…it looks comfortable with the lovely cushion except the small space.
    How was the taste of Scratchy’s food Bongo? I’m jealous of you because you’re quite tall, so easily reach it, but if I were you, I wouldn’t have reached it!

November 12, 2013 at 1:47 pm

Kevin, being tall really has its advantages when it comes to counter surfing. Unfortunately my people have gotten wise to me and rarely leave anything good on the counters anymore. Oh, and Scratchy’s food is delicious. I steal it every chance I get.

17. dianeskitchentable

November 12, 2013 at 3:17 pm

Well if the cat won’t eat it, my theory is I should! Diane puts up this big barrier to protect Moe’s food & all he does is eat his treats on top then walks away. What’s with cats anyway?
    Lola

November 12, 2013 at 11:05 pm

Lola, I never can figure out cats – but I figure anything they leave in their dish is fair game.

November 25, 2013 at 9:55 am

We don’t see what you did wrong…..
    -The Collies

November 26, 2013 at 11:43 am

Collies, I don’t see anything wrong either. Scratchy leaves some of his food for me so I should eat it. That way my person doesn’t have to wash his dish. I don’t know why she always gets mad at me for that.

• colliesofthemeadow

November 26, 2013 at 3:46 pm

They sure do get upset if we clean bowls for them dont they….. you would think they would be grateful.. :)
        -The Collies :)

November 26, 2013 at 4:54 pm

After all we’re just doing our job. We’re supposed to be cleaning up extra food.

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 1,056 other followers