Eat Beans Day

03 Jul

Bongo with a can of beansToday is Eat Beans Day.

I was so excited when I heard that.

I mean, any holiday that has to do with food is okay by me.

I got out my can of beans and was ready to go when my person had to spoil the fun.

She reminded me of the last time I celebrated Eat Beans Day.

It wasn’t even on the right day so it shouldn’t count.

But I suddenly didn’t have an appetite for beans anymore.

***

And I’d better warn you about what can happen on Eat Beans Day.

Here’s what happened to me.

***

Who Spilled the Beans?

06JAN

Beans on the CarpetHey person, look at this pretty pattern I made on the carpet. Doesn’t it look nice?

What? I’m in trouble for that? No way!

I didn’t do it person. Honest, I swear. Scratchy did it. Look, he’s standing right over there. I just saw it and thought it was pretty. You know how much he likes to go counter surfing.

Scratchy near the Beans

What do you mean, most of the beans are missing? I don’t know what happened to them. Did you check under the furniture? Maybe Scratchy ate them.

I bet he could. I bet Scratchy could eat that many beans if he really put his mind to it. Can we go for a walk now? I really feel like I need to go for a walk.

Aaaahhhhh! That feels much better. Relief!

What!? You found the missing beans? Oh no!

Busted!!!

About these ads

Posted by on July 3, 2014 in Bongo, dogs, humor

Tags: , , , , , ,

13 responses to “Eat Beans Day

July 3, 2014 at 10:58 am

Whoops… but lots of love….I thought you told me that Scratchy had retired.
    you mean he only becomes active when you need somebody to blame.

July 3, 2014 at 11:47 am

Patrecia, this was from a post before Gizmo came to live with us. Now Gizmo has taken over most of the mischief around here.

• misswhiplash

July 3, 2014 at 12:29 pm

Oh yeah! You are kidding of course

July 3, 2014 at 11:20 am

Yeah, B. That’ll put you off beans for a while, I guess. Actually, it put ME off beans, too. Ick!

July 3, 2014 at 11:48 am

Cupcake, I have a hard time listening to my person when she says there’s some things I shouldn’t eat. But I guess she’s right – sometimes.

July 3, 2014 at 2:09 pm

Oh, yes, I remember that!!!! No wonder why you’re having mixed feeling about them! ;-)

July 3, 2014 at 10:25 pm

Marina, beans are definitely on my not to eat list – unless of course, someone opens this can of beans for me.

4. fredrieka

July 3, 2014 at 3:34 pm

NO NO NO BEANS!!!! I COULD NOT SHARE A PILLOW WITH YOU IF YOU DID!!!!!!!!!!! Leave the beans, walk away.. slowly walk away. No dog girlfriend would put up with that.

July 3, 2014 at 10:26 pm

Don’t worry Fredrieka. My bean eating days are in the past.

July 6, 2014 at 7:45 am

*giggles* I remember the last time you ate those beans…Oops! I trust you Bongo…you didn’t eat any beans at all!!! It is always cats who make mischievous things….dogs are innocent!

July 6, 2014 at 8:09 pm

Angel Kevin, you’ve got that right. And now I’ve got two cats to blame – and Gizmo is more full of mischief than Scratchy.

6. Mumsy's Little Chancy Man

July 8, 2014 at 6:59 pm

Oh, no!! Sweet Bongo you ate beans? We sure hope you got in a lot of walking and a lot of relief. We don’t think you should indulge in any more beans, what do you think? Hugs and nose kisses

July 8, 2014 at 11:09 pm

Chancy and Mumsy, it took me three days to get rid of all those beans. I don’t think I want to eat any more of them.

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 1,091 other followers