Dirt Pile

14 Apr

Bongo looking at a construction zone

They made a great pile of dirt and then they put a fence around it so I can’t go digging.

Bongo looking at the top of the fence

There’s got to be a way.

Maybe I can jump over that fence.

Bongo walking along fence

I give up.

There’s no way to get into there.

My person’s right. I just can’t jump like I used to.

Bongo near a hole in the fence

Wait! What!??

Look what I found!

Now to get rid of the leash.

Posted by on April 14, 2016 in Bongo

33 responses to “Dirt Pile

1. fredrieka

April 15, 2016 at 3:44 am

Dirt piles are fun to climb. Shame you can’t climb the dirt pile.

April 18, 2016 at 10:13 pm

Fredrieka, the dirt pile was even bigger today and I still don’t get to climb it. Come on over and we can break through the fence together and climb that pile.

• fredrieka

April 19, 2016 at 4:10 am

Sounds like a plan

April 15, 2016 at 4:57 am

A secret passage!!!!! i hope though you didn’t drag your person on the other end of the leash! šŸ˜‰

April 18, 2016 at 10:14 pm

Marina, I was really tempted to, but my person had too tight of a hold on my leash.

April 15, 2016 at 8:21 am

Hmmm….now I wonder what they are digging up for….? I can see cacties on the pictures….so I hope they won’t dig those cacties up……

April 18, 2016 at 10:19 pm

Kevin, they’ve already dug up some of the cactus but those prickly pear cactus are everywhere around here and the grow back really easily. There’s a big cholla cactus that’s just inside the fence that they haven’t hurt yet. I hope they leave that one alone. There aren’t that many cholla around here.

4. Two French Bulldogs

April 15, 2016 at 11:04 am

Wow can you get over there
    Lily & Edward

April 18, 2016 at 10:20 pm

Lily & Edward, if my person would only let go of my leash I’d have a blast in that dirt pile. Maybe you two could come over here and distract her for me.

5. PhotoJacko

April 17, 2016 at 5:59 pm

Bongo, do you still jump for thunder?

April 18, 2016 at 10:21 pm

Jackie, don’t even mention that word to me. Thunder is terrible! And we had some the other day too – and it’s not even the right time of year for it yet.

April 19, 2016 at 2:28 pm

Dirt pile privileges withheld? Cruel and unusual punishment!

April 21, 2016 at 10:12 pm

That’s what I say Karen. And it’s even worse now because those diggers dug a hole and they won’t let me help.

• philosophermouseofthehedge

April 22, 2016 at 6:40 am

Keeping all the fun to themselves. Just meanies!

May 15, 2016 at 10:13 pm

That’s for sure.

7. Misty Shores Chesapeakes

April 19, 2016 at 4:42 pm

How could they put a fence around that great dirt pile. I say go for the hole, your person will let go of the leash sooner or later šŸ˜‰

April 21, 2016 at 10:14 pm

That’s what I’m thinking. She’s not going to want to crawl under so once I get far enough she’ll for sure let go of my leash.

8. dianeskitchentable

May 10, 2016 at 2:26 pm

Digging’s so much fun Bongo! Once you get the rhythm going you can do it all day. Seems to me they’d want your help and maybe even pay you to give them a hand … love ya Bongo, Lola

May 15, 2016 at 10:14 pm

Lola, I totally agree. They’re going about it much too slow. You’d think they’d want an expert like me around.

9. Patrick

June 2, 2016 at 9:58 am

Love reading your blog, thanks for the share.

June 5, 2016 at 3:17 pm

Thanks Patrick.

10. Gloria

July 20, 2016 at 12:14 am

love seeing the adventurous photos and the captions that go along with it. What breed is Bongo?

August 1, 2016 at 6:23 pm

Thanks Gloria. According to the dog jail where my people found me many years ago I’m a pointer mix. Sometime my person thinks I’m all mixed up.

August 24, 2016 at 10:36 am

Bongo it is swamp backyard with all the rain – can you shove some of that dirt pile this way? Paw waves!

August 29, 2016 at 11:31 am

Karen, I’ve been digging frantically in the dirt pile hoping some of it flies over to your house. It got a little muddy for awhile, but the rain has gone for now and it’s drying up so I’ll keep digging.

• philosophermouseofthehedge

August 29, 2016 at 2:14 pm

Much appreciated since more thunder and sheets of rain today. Dog boredom tends to make dogs as well as people gain a few pounds. We can hardly wait for chill!

12. I LOVE PETS

October 27, 2016 at 7:04 pm

Hi Bongo,

I really love your post. Hope that you were able to find a way in.

December 4, 2016 at 4:43 pm

Sorry I took forever to get back to you. My person has been ignoring my blog and not helping me check my comments. The dirt pile is gone now and they paved the parking lot.

• I LOVE PETS

January 5, 2017 at 7:01 am

Hi Bongo! I wasn’t paying attention to my blog either for awhile as you can see to. I really missed talking to you but just now remembered my blog and came back to it…

13. Riley

November 7, 2016 at 8:16 am

I really enjoyed reading your post, Bongo. Very nice pictures of your adventure. Hope you got a chance to have a little fun:)

December 4, 2016 at 4:45 pm

Thanks Riley. They took away the dirt pile and paved the parking lot. But at least it’s easier to get to my trails now.

14. Seth B

November 19, 2016 at 10:38 pm

Oh poor Bongo! I’m sure there will be more dirt for you to dig in somewhere in the future! Though that dirt pile does look like extra fun! Maybe you and your human can sneak in together for a quick dig, probably some great bones buried in there!

Cheers! Can’t wait to see your next adventure!

December 4, 2016 at 4:47 pm

Thanks Seth. They took away that dirt pile, but my person just took the frozen tomato plants out of her garden and now there’s plenty of dirt to dig in there. Now if I can only get her to look the other way.