Half a Hike

04 Nov

Bongo Hiking in the DarkIt’s not fair! Only half a hike. I only got half a hike. It’s all my person’s fault. She got home late, and she said if we went out any longer we’d be coming home by flashlight. That’s okay by me. I’ll hold the flashlight. She wouldn’t go for it.

You know what she was doing? She was helping a friend – a little friend – younger than my younger person, to set up a blog. After all that I’ve taught my person about blogging, she goes and teaches it to someone else, and then comes home late. She goes off and blogs with someone else and then cuts into my time. How ungrateful can you get?

I know what I’ll do. I’ll invite this little friend over here and I’ll tell her she owes me half a hike. Actually I think I’ll hit her up for a hike and a half, because I’ll have another hike coming by then. I’m getting excited already. I think I have a new hiking buddy. My person can go off on her own.

New Blog

My New Blog

Posted by on November 4, 2011 in Bongo, dogs, humor

Tags: , ,

20 responses to “Half a Hike

1. dogdazed

November 4, 2011 at 2:06 pm

Too funny. Chloe and Chanel get some attitude when they don’t get their full 2 mile walk. When we turn around to come home, they lag behind. They know how you feel Bongo!

• BongoDogOwner

November 4, 2011 at 2:36 pm

Chloe and Chanel, I think we all need to train our people better. They should never be allowed to shorten our walks.

2. lolapup

November 4, 2011 at 2:44 pm

I have to take a lot of my walks by flashlight in the early morning. If we don’t go then, sometimes we just don’t go. It’s actually fun being out in the dark. My black fur is great camouflage and I can sneak up on people.

• BongoDogOwner

November 4, 2011 at 3:18 pm

Lola, I’ll have to get my person to try that flashlight thing. She says she’s worried that she won’t see the bumps in the trail though.

3. deannamelanie

November 4, 2011 at 6:55 pm

Bongo, I’m sorry you only went for half a walk but it looks like your person was helping a nice younger person. Best of luck to her and her new blog! I hope you get to try an after dark walk soon…new sights, new smells, oh what fun!

• BongoDogOwner

November 4, 2011 at 7:49 pm

Deannamelanie, you’ve got me all excited to try an after dark walk. I wonder if I can drag my person out of the house that late.

4. whatimeant2say

November 4, 2011 at 7:38 pm

The little person looks like she has plenty of energy. I bet you can get even 2 hikes out of her. Just do it before the time change. Or, do you have to experience that insanity up there?

• BongoDogOwner

November 4, 2011 at 7:51 pm

Wonderbutt’s person, my person says we don’t do the time change in Arizona. She likes it a lot except when she’s travelling or calling someone who does and she has to figure out what time it is.

5. SUGAR

November 5, 2011 at 5:57 am

Woof! Woof! Oh sorry about that Happy BLOG HOP Weekend. Mmmm new WP blog (we will move our blog soon to WP) Lots of Golden Woofs, Sugar

• BongoDogOwner

November 5, 2011 at 12:22 pm

Sugar, nice to meet you. Thanks for stopping by. I’ll stop by your site and see what you’re up to as well.

6. Nel

November 5, 2011 at 6:16 am

I’ll take you on a hike, Bongo. How far can you go? 😉

• BongoDogOwner

November 5, 2011 at 12:23 pm

Nel, I’ll go as far as you can take me – as long as you let me stop for smells along the way.

7. thesweetkitten

November 5, 2011 at 7:27 am

Maybe you should come to Brussels, Bongo, then we can take you on our Tintin walk 🙂

• BongoDogOwner

November 5, 2011 at 12:24 pm

Sweet Kitten, your Tintin walk sounds like lots of fun.

November 5, 2011 at 11:22 am

Half a hike is better than no hike Bongo!!! 🙂

• BongoDogOwner

November 5, 2011 at 12:25 pm

Bassa, you are always so wise. I did get a little hike didn’t I? Sometimes my person doesn’t get home until after dark and then I’m out of luck.

9. 2browndawgs

November 8, 2011 at 5:00 am

We somehow missed this post last week. Bongo we all know who really has the blogging smarts, right? 😉 Hopefully you have already had your make up hike!

the 2 brown dawgs

• BongoDogOwner

November 8, 2011 at 5:06 am

Brown Dawgs, I had a really good hike the other day. I met lots of people who gave me loves.