Indoor Catch

16 Nov

Lost My BallI love catching balls, and my person has given me some soft balls that I can play catch with in the house. When I want to play catch I’ll bring a ball to my person and if I’m lucky she’ll toss it in the air for me.

I’m really good at catching the balls she tosses. Once I catch it I make sure to get it good and slobbery before handing it back for her to toss it to me again. Something about a good slobbery ball makes it really fun to play catch.

Sometimes my person makes a funny toss and I miss catching the ball. It will bounce off my nose and go flying. Usually that’s the end of the game. My person is afraid something will get broken. I keep bringing the ball back to her, but she ignores me.

Sometimes though, when the ball goes flying the game ends for a different reason.

Would somebody please get my ball for me?

Posted by on November 16, 2011 in Bongo, dogs, humor

Tags: ,

24 responses to “Indoor Catch

1. Andrea Thomson Viner @ Iowa Dog Blog

November 16, 2011 at 11:02 am

Haha, yes, we humans love a nice, slobbery ball. Gertie will cry and cry if her ball gets stuck under or behind something. But the biggest problem with playing catch with her is that she likes to turn it into keep-away–not my favorite game!

November 16, 2011 at 11:07 am

Andrea, my person says she has to throw extra hard so the slobbery ball won’t stick to her fingers. I always bring my ball back to her though because my favorite part is catching it.

2. winsomebella

November 16, 2011 at 12:58 pm

I am not sure why but I am very uncoordinated when I throw the ball to my Rosie. She does a good job of chasing it wherever it lands, however. She would like to toss it off to Bongo after that.

November 16, 2011 at 3:20 pm

Rosie, I would love to play catch with you. That sounds like so much fun.

3. Laurie Bartolo

November 16, 2011 at 2:05 pm

Wow, Bongo you are so lucky your person lets you play inside! My dogs would love that, but they are too rambunctious, so we play outside. I will admit that I enjoy dog slobber – it’s kind of a way to measure how much fun my dogs are having – the more slobber, the more fun, right? I hope you get your ball back soon!

November 16, 2011 at 3:22 pm

Laurie, as soon as I miss a catch my person stops tossing me the ball – so I have to be very good at catching. That way nothing gets messed up. I can’t seem to get my person to throw the Frisbee in the house though.

4. b0ng0

November 16, 2011 at 2:59 pm

You seem to have a lot of fun, Bongo. I am not ball-crazy like you, but from time to time I like it as well.

November 16, 2011 at 3:23 pm

B0ng0, you have so much fun digging holes. Our ground is too hard for digging most of the time so I go for balls and Frisbees.

5. loungelassie

November 16, 2011 at 4:00 pm

Dear Bongo,

You should absolutely insist on playing inside so that your person gets better at throwing for you. How else is she going to practice? We get 8 minutes every night of vigorous excercise. That’s 56 minutes, in dog time. Mama L. is getting real good at her eye-hand coordination too! She uses her right hand for my Laser Light, and tosses Mr. Squeaky Lion for Gingersnap! with her left hand. We slam into things all the time but she usually ends up giggling at us.

Maybe if you switch over to a squeaky toy which is much softer and is unlikely to break things, your person might like to play inside more often.

Love, Madeleine and Gingersnap!

November 16, 2011 at 5:20 pm

Loungelassie, thanks for stopping by. You’re right, I’m helping my person with her throwing skills. She’s getting better. Sometimes she does throw squeaky toys for me, but my favorite is a little ball that’s soft and squishy.

6. deannamelanie

November 16, 2011 at 4:06 pm

Hope you get your ball, Bongo! Scarlett always gets hers stuck under the couch but lucky for her, Harley is small enough to dig it out for her. Of course, then she’s gotta catch him! Hope you get to play some slobbery catch with your person again soon.

November 16, 2011 at 5:22 pm

Deannamelanie, my person was very nice and got the ball for me after she took the picture of me trying to get it. I really don’t like it when my balls go somewhere I can’t get to.

7. Nel

November 16, 2011 at 7:10 pm

Did you get your ball back, dear Bongo?

I like the mischief in this one: Something about a good slobbery ball makes it really fun to play catch. Hehehe. 😉

November 16, 2011 at 8:00 pm

Nel, my person was very nice and got the ball for me after she took the picture of me trying to get it. I had another chance to slobber it up.

8. 2browndawgs

November 16, 2011 at 7:49 pm

Bongo you are a lucky doggie. We are always told, “No ball in the house!”.

the 2 brown dawgs

November 16, 2011 at 8:01 pm

Brown Dawgs, I’m only allowed soft balls and toys in the house, but I guess I am lucky.

November 16, 2011 at 8:14 pm

I am not much on balls, but I do love to play catch with my squeaky toys. But sometimes they go into hiding, and so I have to convince Jen it’s time to clean the house so she’ll find them.

November 16, 2011 at 8:48 pm

Rumpy, my younger person hides my squeaky toys because he doesn’t like it when I squeak them.

10. whatimeant2say

November 16, 2011 at 8:36 pm

Mrs. P.I.B., without fail, rolls her ball under a piece of furniture. She has done this for 10 years! My rule is to get it for her once; after that, she’s ball-less until the next time someone feels like playing. Wonderbutt would get it for her, well, for himself, but his paws are too stubby to reach!

November 16, 2011 at 8:50 pm

I think Mrs P.I.B needs some extra balls. Some so she still has one that’s not under the furniture, and a few extra for Wonderbutt.

November 17, 2011 at 12:11 am

Slobbery balls are the best Bongo!! 🙂

November 17, 2011 at 10:21 am

Bassa, I agree. I love slobbery balls.

12. lolapup

November 17, 2011 at 6:23 am

My person doesn’t let me play with my favorite tennis ball in the house, but my other person does. 🙂

Every evening, he gets one out for me. We play fetch and chase and then I squeeze myself between the couch and the table and chew on it until it gets away from me and rolls under the couch. Then my other person has to fetch it quick before my person scolds both of us and takes the ball away.

November 17, 2011 at 10:24 am

Lola, I think I like your other person. Sometimes having to sneak in a game of catch makes it even more fun.