Angels are Busy

11 Dec
Philippe de Champaigne's The Dream of Saint Jo...

“All this took place to fulfill what the Lord had said through the prophet: ‘The virgin will be with child and will give birth to a son, and they will call him Immanuel’ – which means, ‘God with us.’” Matthew 1:22-23

There she goes again – putting words on my blog that I didn’t write. Come on person, isn’t this my blog?

More Bible stories? Are there animals? A bunch of my blogging friends told me there would be animals coming in the story you started last week.

What!!! You mean I have to wait one more week before you get to the animals? I think you’re just stringing me along. I think I’ll go lie down on my bed and go to sleep.

Okay, I’ll stay for another angel story. That angel Gabriel was something else though – telling Mary she was going to have a baby while she was still a virgin. I guess I’m listening.

My person started telling me about Joseph. You know, that guy that Mary was engaged to. My person said that marriage customs were different then than they are now. Once two people in Israel in Bible times became engaged, they were committed to each other the same as if they were already married. They had to actually have a divorce to become unengaged. I’m not quite sure I get it. Dogs don’t do that marriage thing.

Anyway, Joseph found out Mary was pregnant and since he followed God and had respected Mary he figured she hadn’t been faithful to him. I bet he was pretty upset. He decided he would divorce her quietly.

But then my person says an angel came to Joseph in a dream. I like the angel that came to Mary better. She was wide awake.

Okay person, I’ll stop making side comments. At least I’ll try.

My person says Joseph didn’t need to be awake because he listened to that angel in his dream. The angel told Joseph not to be afraid to take Mary as his wife because her baby came from the Holy Spirit. The angel also said that Mary would have a son and Joseph was to name him Jesus, because the son will save his people from their sins.

I’m not sure what that is that people need saving from. Sins must be something that people have and not dogs. Am I missing out on something here?

Posted by on December 11, 2011 in Bongo, Dogology, humor

Tags: , , , , , , , , ,

26 responses to “Angels are Busy

1. For the Love of My Dogs

December 11, 2011 at 11:08 am

Oh Bongo, the best part of the story is yet to come! I’m glad you are still listening to your person…I’m sure she will get to some animals soon 🙂 Looking forward to the next part.

December 11, 2011 at 1:46 pm

Deannamelanie, my person if promising me animals in the next story. I’m getting excited.

December 11, 2011 at 2:09 pm

Nah, people can have sins AND dogs…. but people with dogs already know what it’s like to feel forgiven. *wink*

December 11, 2011 at 2:24 pm

Rumpy, you’re right about that forgiven thing. I’m pretty good about forgiving my person for all the things she does to me – like making me stay at the dog hotel. Some people wouldn’t be so forgiving if they had to stay in a cage.

3. sandrabranum

December 11, 2011 at 3:31 pm

Reminds me of a song, but I can’t remember its name. “All night, all day Angels watching over me My Lord…”

December 11, 2011 at 4:36 pm

Sandra, my person says she thinks she knows that song – but she can’t remember the name either.

December 11, 2011 at 3:36 pm

Great story! Its one of my favorite of the Bible! The animals will be there and you will love it. Keep up the great blogging! We love it!

God Bless You!

Chuck and the Collies! 🙂

December 11, 2011 at 4:37 pm

Chuck and the Collies – thanks. My person is promising me animals in the story next week. She’d better not be fooling me.

5. Patricia

December 11, 2011 at 7:43 pm

Bongo, the only thing you are missing out on with the sin thing is a lot of heartache. So be happy you are free from such a thing.

December 11, 2011 at 8:42 pm

Patricia, I guess you’re right. I don’t need any heartache in my life.

6. angelswhisper2011

December 12, 2011 at 1:14 am

Bongo, I can’t wait to hear the rest of the story, it’s so beautiful.

December 12, 2011 at 10:25 am

Angelswhisper, I’m excited for the rest of the story too. My person says it’s going to get even better.

December 12, 2011 at 3:43 am

It’s a marvelous story Bongo!

December 12, 2011 at 10:26 am

Thanks Bassa. My person says animals are coming.

8. 2browndawgs

December 12, 2011 at 5:30 am

Its a good story, but we are waiting for the animals too.

the 2 brown dawgs

December 12, 2011 at 10:26 am

Brown Dawgs, my person promises that there will be animals in the next part of the story.

December 12, 2011 at 6:48 am

I’m a bit confused Bongo. Mary is a mother of the son who would be named Jesus, yes, I understand so far and……. Joseph… is he the son’s father? or he is only Mary’s husband?
    I know that Mary was a virgin when she was pregnant and then had a son, but there should be a father of the son ? or He is from the Holy spirit, so there should not be??? Woof?

December 12, 2011 at 10:39 am

Kevin, my person says you actually have this figured out as well as any of us do. Joseph is not the biological father of Jesus because Jesus is from the Holy Spirit. She says it’s something that is hard for us to understand. Joseph did take on the role of father in Jesus’ life. My person says you are also welcome to email her at laurapratt115@gmail.com anytime you have questions. I always have to go to her for the answers since this is all new to me too.

• eripanwkevin

December 13, 2011 at 6:22 am

Thanks Bongo and your person! 🙂

10. Snoopy@snoopysdogblog.com

December 12, 2011 at 8:38 am

Hey Bongo,

You sure are patient waiting for the animals, cos I’m still not seeing any either buddy!!

As for the sins, I have no idea what they are either…….. 🙂

Have fun,

Your pal Snoopy 🙂

December 12, 2011 at 10:41 am

Snoopy, I’m with you on this one. I’m waiting for the animals and trying to figure out what sins are. I’m thinking sins are something we don’t want though.

11. Alfie - Alfie's Blog

December 12, 2011 at 10:22 am

Sins? maybe its a bit like mischief for dogs 🙂

December 12, 2011 at 10:41 am

Alfie, that’s got to be it. Sins must be mischief for people.

12. Bryan

December 28, 2011 at 7:01 am

Hey Bongo, I appreciate your blog.

13. Sunshine

January 9, 2012 at 7:13 pm

I just got here Bongo…so sad because life gets so busy and we can’t get out and visit our neighbors like we would like. 🙂
    Good story, even with the side comments…

January 9, 2012 at 8:13 pm

Thanks Sunshine. My person says she gets busy too, but we both appreciate it when you take the time to read the stories you missed.

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )