Mystery Monster

28 May

Paw PrintSomething large is lurking on my trails. I’m not sure what it is, but it’s big.

I was walking along and I almost stopped in my tracks. This is some footprint.

In case you think this might be a teeny, tiny track and I’m just making this whole story up I thought I’d better have my person take a picture of this next to my paws.

Bongo's Paws Next to Paw Print

See? You didn’t believe me, did you?

The biggest mystery is who this large creature is. I haven’t seen anyone on my trails large enough to fit this track, and I’m not sure I want to.

This creature might be bigger than my person and I combined, and I’m not sure I could defend my person if it showed up.

I thought of putting my Detective Dog hat on and looking for some more clues, but I don’t think I’m going to this time.

I think instead I’ll just listen for some loud plodding sounds on my trails, or look for a head that stands so tall I can see it above the bushes.

And if either of those things happen you know what I’m going to do?

I’m going to stick my tail between my legs, turn around, and go the other way.

Monday Mischief Pet Blog Hop

Click here to find more mischievous pets.

This Blog Hop is brought to you by Alfie’s BlogSnoopy’s Dog BlogMy Brown Newfies and Luna, A Dog’s Life.

Posted by on May 28, 2012 in Bongo, dogs, humor

Tags: , ,

48 responses to “Mystery Monster

1. pippadogblog

May 28, 2012 at 10:46 am

I reckon it’s a big dog like me.

But those flowers on your blog could be a problem. Misery tried to do that. I stopped her 🙂

May 28, 2012 at 1:42 pm

Pippa, I don’t think I’d be scared if you showed up on my trails. But how did you stop Misery from putting flowers on your blog? I’m having a terrible problem keeping my person under control.

2. jazfagan

May 28, 2012 at 10:57 am

Woa! That’s big Bongo, what ever it is. I would stay away from it! Be it dog or other huge critter….Peace Jaz

May 28, 2012 at 1:43 pm

Jaz, if I see that thing I’m for sure running the other way.

• jazfagan

May 28, 2012 at 1:55 pm

Bongo, my husband and I talked about it, he says mountain lion or other large cat, I say badger, either was what ever it is is big!

3. Alexander Brenner

May 28, 2012 at 11:51 am

Bongo…That could be a Mountain Lion or a Cougar….Please protect your person if you ever see it. Maybe your person could report it to your local animal control authorities. We would hate if anything happened to you guys.
    Your Friend,
    Penny

May 28, 2012 at 1:45 pm

Penny, I hope we don’t have any mountain lions on my trails. My person says they do live in the area but she’s never heard of any sightings in our part of town or on my trails. She said one of her friends saw one, but her friend lives near the creek and we don’t have any water around here except when it’s raining.

• jazfagan

May 28, 2012 at 11:47 pm

Penny that’s what My husband said, I thought maybe badger. Very cool that you warned Bongo…Jaz

4. 2browndawgs

May 28, 2012 at 12:28 pm

Those are some big paw prints. You are smart not to mess with whatever made them Bongo.

May 28, 2012 at 1:46 pm

Brown Dawgs, I’m staying far away from whatever it is.

5. Jen

May 28, 2012 at 12:44 pm

Holy smokes, those are some big prints! I don’t know what it is either, or I’d happily tell you.

May 28, 2012 at 1:47 pm

Jen, whatever it is, if it shows up I’m outta’ here.

6. Hawk (@browndogcbr)

May 28, 2012 at 3:42 pm

Hi Y’all,

How y’all doin’? Just stoppin’ by for a visit. Hope y’all had a wonderful weekend. That big paw print looks scary! Y’all be careful now!

Y’all come by now,
    Hawk aka BrownDog

May 28, 2012 at 5:31 pm

Hawk, I hope you had a great weekend too. Believe me, if I ever see what belongs to that paw print I’m going the other way.

7. heyitsjethere

May 28, 2012 at 5:38 pm

Hey Bongo, Jet here.
    Dude, good idea, Scooby Doo Academy frowns on placing yourself or your person in grave danger just to solve a mystery.

On the investigative front… can you deduce (vocab builder) anything from the print? Do you have mountain lions?

8. Paws To Talk

May 28, 2012 at 5:39 pm

Bongo you seem to be a fairly big dog so the fact that the other paw is so much bigger than yours is a daunting sight. Do they have bears in the desert?

Bella and DiDi

May 28, 2012 at 5:42 pm

Bella and DiDi, there are bears here, but I’ve never heard of anyone seeing one in my neighborhood or on my trails. That would be pretty frightening to run across one.

9. Lola

May 28, 2012 at 6:04 pm

That is a huge pawprint! I’d be careful if I were you, too. Sniff it carefully and keep your nose on alert in case you smell the creature that made it.

May 28, 2012 at 8:01 pm

Lola, I hope I never catch the smell from that paw print in the air.

May 28, 2012 at 6:05 pm

It’s Big Feet! woo woo!

May 28, 2012 at 8:03 pm

Rumpy, now I want to see the creature that goes with those prints. I want to see what Big Feet looks like.

11. Bassetmomma

May 28, 2012 at 7:53 pm

OMD! Those prints are huge Bongo! You and your Momma be careful out there now!

May 28, 2012 at 8:03 pm

Bassetmomma, I’m looking carefully and if I see anything I’m gonna RUN!!!

May 28, 2012 at 10:52 pm

Now that is a very sensible idea, but don’t forget to drag your person along with you! It could be a small bear, as they have big feet even when small. Whatever it is..it would be better not to meet it. Do be careful my friends…..

May 28, 2012 at 11:06 pm

Patreciau, if I see anything big I’ll be dragging my person along in the opposite direction.

13. monicastangledweb

May 28, 2012 at 11:29 pm

Wow, Bongo, now that’s not something Henry and I ever come across when we’re out walking. Yikes.

May 29, 2012 at 9:48 am

Monica, I just hope I only come across the paw print and never come across whatever made it.

14. angelswhisper2011

May 29, 2012 at 12:32 am

Bongo, those are really huge footprints, but maybe that “thing” was scared of you and run away when he saw you coming. You’ll figure it out, I’m sure 🙂

May 29, 2012 at 9:51 am

Angels Whisper, maybe whatever it is knows that I’m Super Dog and doesn’t want to come near me.

May 29, 2012 at 1:51 am

You can always wear that wonder cape. No one will see your tail then and you might even scare the big creature! On the other hand… you’re maybe better off just staying clear of this creatures trail.

May 29, 2012 at 9:52 am

Marina, I’ll keep my cape handy just in case.

May 29, 2012 at 7:44 am

Wow!!!!! The footprint is really huge!!! It look like the one of ostrich or emu…??? Haven’t you seen those birds on your trails, Bongo? or it is the one of a dinosaur?!!! 🙂

May 29, 2012 at 9:54 am

Kevin, I’ve never found any ostriches or emus on my trails but I’ll keep checking for dinosaurs.

17. Paws To Talk

May 29, 2012 at 8:20 am

We have given you the One Lovely Blog Award. Enjoy!

Bella and DiDi

May 29, 2012 at 10:00 am

Thanks Bella and DiDi. You two are awesome!

18. fluffypopcorn

May 30, 2012 at 3:42 am

WOOH. =O That’s a BIG PUP Bongo! I wonder how i’ll look standing beside him/her!! O.O

May 30, 2012 at 12:41 pm

Popcorn, I think we’d both be dwarfed. I’m gonna run the other way.

May 30, 2012 at 5:29 pm

Wow!! Big… strength in numbers the collies say… so have your human get more dogs.. heheheeh 🙂

May 30, 2012 at 6:56 pm

Good idea Collies. More dogs. Then we could gang up on whatever that thing is – and on Scratchy too.

What, person? Noooo! Not more cats!

20. Jessica

May 30, 2012 at 8:54 pm

Well, Bongo, at least you’re honest about how you would react! 😉 I can definitely appreciate doggies that are honest! I would run for the hills as well! There is time to be brave…and a time to be smart! 😉

May 30, 2012 at 10:02 pm

Jessica, most of the time I have a secret identity as Super Dog, but I have to remember to bring my cape along.

21. dianeskitchentable

May 31, 2012 at 1:30 pm

Ummm Bongo, some of us “plus size girls” do have feet that big. We were walking in the woods one time & we met a man who’d been across our tracks – he said he thought there was a mountain lion on the lose, but nope… just me…Lola

May 31, 2012 at 5:04 pm

Lola, I met a dog yesterday who had really big feet, and she wasn’t much bigger that me. I guess not everybody has feet like mine.

• dianeskitchentable

June 1, 2012 at 8:55 am

Well they get ya where you’re going & that’s all that matters. My people tried to buy me some boots this winter (my feet were chapped) & the biggest ones they make didn’t fit – now that’s embarrassing.

June 1, 2012 at 1:49 pm

Lola, I don’t care how big your feet are – you’re beautiful to me.

22. Indianapolis dog trainer

June 4, 2012 at 2:12 pm

Good idea Bongo! Whatever it is, it looks big!

June 4, 2012 at 2:43 pm

Indie Dog Trainer, I’m still looking over my shoulder every time I go on my trails.