Cabinet Cat

12 Sep
Scratchy's Safe Place

Scratchy's Safe Place

When I first came to live in my house Scratchy was already there. I don’t think he liked me very much. I hardly knew he was around for a long time. He hung out on top of the kitchen cabinets and only came down to eat and use his litter box. Then he jumped right back up to the top of those cabinets.

I kind of wanted to get to know Scratchy, but I really didn’t mind that he stayed out of the way because that meant I had the people all to myself. I had been living in dog jail for a long time and I had to share the people there with lots of other dogs. Having people of my own was like heaven for me.

Scratchy finally got tired of hanging out by himself and decided to come down. It took him about ten months though. Now I had someone else to play with, but he didn’t play fair. He’d jump up onto a counter so he was higher than me and when I jumped up to get to the same height he’d scratch me on the nose. Ouch!!!

Posted by on September 12, 2011 in Bongo, dogs, humor, pets

Tags: , ,

7 responses to “Cabinet Cat

1. lolapup

September 12, 2011 at 6:09 pm

I’m amazed that you let a cat stay in your house. I guess if he was there first, you don’t have much of a choice. I hope I never have to share my people with a feline. Whenever one invades my yard, I chase him out.

• BongoDogOwner

September 12, 2011 at 6:37 pm

Lola – sometimes it’s fun to have a cat around to harass – and you’re right, he was there first so I don’t have much choice.

September 12, 2011 at 6:27 pm

I share my home with kitties too! And I have a kitty that likes to hang out on top of the cabinet- his name is Hissy Fit Jones.

• BongoDogOwner

September 12, 2011 at 6:36 pm

Rumpy, I like your kitty’s name. It’s so perfect for a cat. It’s kind of nice when they stay out of the way on the cabinets, except that it makes it kind of hard to harass them.

September 13, 2011 at 10:54 am

Bongo, he took 10 months to climb down? That is very slow – I thought cats were good climbers. You should have called the fire brigade 🙂

• BongoDogOwner

September 13, 2011 at 11:03 am

Hey Bassa, that’s a good idea. Sometimes Scratchy still goes up there to get away from me when I’m harassing him. Next time maybe I’ll call the fire brigade to get him down so I can harass him some more.

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )