Tangled

09 Oct

Tangled in a TreeMy person takes me on walks almost every day. We have trails near our house with lots of trees, bushes, and great smells. Most of the smells are right along the trail, so I can stick with my person and still enjoy the aroma. She does drag me away far too often though. Sometimes she has no patience. She thinks I only want to walk. I really want to smell.

Every once in awhile I get the whiff of a really great smell hanging around under a tree or bush a ways off the trail. Sometimes that scent is elusive and I have to crawl under a tree and search through branches to find the strongest point. My person gets all frustrated when I do this. When I’m ready to come back to the trail she tries to get me to take a long way around. That doesn’t make any sense to me at all. The shortest way is the smartest so that’s what I’m going to do.

Well, I thought I was going to do that. My person must be holding tight to my leash because I can’t go anywhere. Come on – stop playing games and let me go. I’m not sure what she’s doing with my leash now. It looks like she got it all tangled up.

Posted by on October 9, 2011 in Bongo, dogs, humor

Tags: , ,

12 responses to “Tangled

1. Marg

October 9, 2011 at 12:54 pm

Yup Bongo, you are so correct. The purpose of a walk is to get in touch with all those great smells out there in the woods and on the trails. You just have to be patient with your Mom. She will figure it out eventually. Hope all of you have a super Sunday. Take care.

• BongoDogOwner

October 9, 2011 at 1:00 pm

Marg, I try to be patient with my person but I don’t think she’ll ever learn. Except when she gets out her camera. Then I have extra time for smells. I hope your Sunday is great too.

October 9, 2011 at 1:19 pm

Bongo, I have the same problem! *sigh* See, I don’t really want to walk. I want to smell and to scope out sqirrels. DeDe, on the other hand, wants to walk at a jogging pace non-stop for as long as she can go. So we have to walk separately.

• BongoDogOwner

October 9, 2011 at 1:52 pm

Rumpy, I think there must be something wrong with DeDe. Smells are the best part of a walk.

3. lolapup

October 9, 2011 at 1:38 pm

I like to stop and sniff, too. On afternoon walks with my people, I usually get to smell everything I want. But on early morning walks with my person and her friends and their dogs… we march! It’s all about moving as fast as we can. Sometimes it’s annoying, but I stick with the program because I don’t want to be left behind.

• BongoDogOwner

October 9, 2011 at 1:44 pm

Lola, my person says part of the reason we go out is to get our exercise and that’s why she makes me move. I don’t need to get exercise then – I can always catch Frisbees for my exercise.

4. whatimeant2say

October 9, 2011 at 2:52 pm

I don’t know what Wonderbutt’s purpose his, and I don’t think he does either. He pulls forward the whole time, like he’s got a destination in mind. But so far, we haven’t found it.

• BongoDogOwner

October 9, 2011 at 4:28 pm

Wonderbutt, you’ve got to stop and smell the roses – I mean bushes.

5. b0ng0

October 10, 2011 at 9:45 am

I agree, Bongo: when they are playing with their camera, it’s the best opportunity for education – if we are patient with them and not pulling on the leash, right in the moment they try to take a picture, they are so glad, we were waiting so patiently, that we are allowed to do something then after our own wish. Or this is the way it should be. Sometimes they need more time for learning. Puzzle and me had some discussions about hares and pheasants in the wrong moments, but I think, she knows by now.

• BongoDogOwner

October 10, 2011 at 10:56 am

Bongo, you have pheasants? How cool. We just have quail here and they never come near enough for me to go after them.

October 10, 2011 at 11:33 am

Bongo, haven’t you realised that it takes time to train your person 🙂

• BongoDogOwner

October 10, 2011 at 12:07 pm

Bassa, sometimes I just wonder if my person will ever get trained.

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )