Cleaning Up

10 Oct

Bongo Stole the BowlMy person is not the best housekeeper in the world. I don’t mind at all though. Sometimes she leaves dirty dishes in the sink and leaves the house. Sometimes there are some really nice smells coming from those dirty dishes.

Fortunately I’m big enough to put my paws up on the counter in front of the sink and reach in. I’ll grab the best smelling bowl with my mouth and carry it over to the nice, cozy carpet where I can sit in comfort and have a tasty treat- well, lick. There’s usually not much food left in them. If I’m lucky the smaller bowls have the best stuff in them. I haven’t figured out how to get some of those big ones out of the sink.

The only thing is that I keep forgetting to put the bowls back in the sink when I’m through with them. When my people come home they find them and I get yelled at. I don’t get yelled at too much though, as long as I remember not to chew the bowl that the food came in.

Posted by on October 10, 2011 in Bongo, dogs, humor

Tags:

8 responses to “Cleaning Up

1. lolapup

October 10, 2011 at 1:31 pm

I love to lick dishes, too, but what I really like is chicken. Once, I jumped up on the counter to get some. It was very hard and cold, but I ate it anyway. I’m sure my people wouldn’t have liked it that way, so really, I was doing them a favor.

• BongoDogOwner

October 10, 2011 at 3:29 pm

Lola, I don’t think our people realize how many favors we do for them. Eating stuff they don’t want and licking dishes so they don’t have to wash them.

2. whatimeant2say

October 10, 2011 at 7:35 pm

These are the moments that I’m glad Wonderbutt has very short legs.

• BongoDogOwner

October 10, 2011 at 8:33 pm

Yes, I bet Wonderbutt would be up there with Bongo if he could. The only places I can keep things from him are on top of the refrigerator or kitchen cabinets.

3. iowadogblog

October 11, 2011 at 6:51 am

Very funny! I’m not a good housekeeper either, but Gertie and Duke have not helped themselves to dishes or food from the counters. I guess they just don’t know about counter-surfing (thank goodness!).

• BongoDogOwner

October 11, 2011 at 11:04 am

I love that term “counter-surfing” and you’re lucky Gertie and Duke haven’t discovered it. I just arrived home to find some clean yogurt containers that I use for mixing watercolor paint removed from the back of the counter and placed neatly on the floor in the next room. I guess Bongo just wanted to show me that he could.

4. life is a bowl of kibble

October 11, 2011 at 12:10 pm

When we first moved to NM we had a 14 year old red Siberian Husky. She was very large and could do the counter surfing. One day I was cooking hamburgers at the stove. I turned my back for a few minutes. When I turned back to the stove I noticed there were no patties in the skillet! That crazy dog had jumped up and scarfed down everyone of them while they were still cooking!

• BongoDogOwner

October 11, 2011 at 12:15 pm

I thought Bongo had done just about everything, but he’s not yet stolen something while it’s still cooking. I’d better be quiet or he might get ideas.

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )