Foot Washing

18 Nov

Scratchy getting his feet washed.Scratchy really got in trouble. I like it when it’s him and not me. It doesn’t happen very often, but it did this time.

My person has been really busy doing watercolor painting the last few days. She says that’s what her family is getting for Christmas. I wonder if she’ll give me a painting. I really like the paper and my person won’t ever leave her paintings where I can get to them. Just because I chewed up a painting my younger person did once – but that’s another story. I’m talking about Scratchy and how he got in trouble.

My person has a nice, wide counter between her kitchen and living room and she paints on that. Scratchy likes to get on that counter, even though he’s not supposed to. Well, my person had all her painting stuff out including a tray with wet paint in it. Yeah, you guessed it. Scratchy stepped right into that wet paint. My person grabbed Scratchy right away before he could step on anything else with those painty paws and took him over to the sink and washed him off.

Scratchy didn’t like it one little bit. Me, I was off in the corner snickering. About time it was you and not me, Scratchy.

Posted by on November 18, 2011 in Bongo, dogs, humor

Tags: , , , ,

31 responses to “Foot Washing

1. Andrea Thomson Viner @ Iowa Dog Blog

November 18, 2011 at 10:51 am

Haha, I can just picture Bongo giggling in the corner. 🙂 What type of paintings do you do?

November 18, 2011 at 11:42 am

Andrea, my person does watercolor painting. Right now she’s working on some landscape paintings from pictures she’s taken around Sedona.

2. adamaecompton

November 18, 2011 at 11:18 am

Hmm… a bloggin dog. I don’t know about this… 🙂 !!!!

November 18, 2011 at 11:43 am

Ada, thanks for stopping by. I’m having a lot of fun with my blog.

3. winsomebella

November 18, 2011 at 11:56 am

I bet Bongo chewed up the homework at least once too!

November 18, 2011 at 12:05 pm

Winsomebella, I always get blamed for everything. The painting I chewed up was homework, but at least my younger person had already turned it in and gotten a grade on it.

4. Janie Knetzer

November 18, 2011 at 12:55 pm

Hi Sweet Bongo:
    I wanted to stop by and see if your mom would be interested in getting you $50 in free product from mrchewy.com They were generous enough to donate 6 $50 gift certificates to the winners of my contest and I promised them that I would pass on 5 more of the gift certificates to doggy bloggers who would do a review for them.

I too got my $50 in products and I wrote up review for them on their service and placed it on my blog. Let me know if o.k. I got my girls lots of good treats and case of the food that they eat! Not a bad deal. Just send me a quick email and I’ll give your own personal code to be use to purchase the products.

I hope you’re staying out of trouble Bongo!

Janie :o)

5. lolapup

November 18, 2011 at 1:16 pm

I love getting my feet dirty. I don’t like full baths, but I don’t mind a foot wash to get the mud off. My person always snuggles me when she cleans my feet and that feels pretty good.

November 18, 2011 at 1:27 pm

Lola, I think foot washing is good too, but Scratchy doesn’t. Cats just don’t know what’s good for them.

6. 2browndawgs

November 18, 2011 at 5:09 pm

Tell Scratchy that the worst word is “caught”! Teehee.

the 2 brown dawgs

November 18, 2011 at 5:24 pm

Brown Dawgs, you are so right. I try to wait until my people are not home to get into mischief. I think Scratchy needs to learn a thing or do. You don’t do things right in front of our people, cause you get caught for sure. Or maybe that’s better. If he did stuff when our people were gone I’d probably get blamed.

7. whatimeant2say

November 18, 2011 at 7:04 pm

I hope Scratchy didn’t scratch your person while he was getting his feet washed! Cats REALLY don’t like water, as I learned the hard way…

November 18, 2011 at 7:32 pm

Scratchy is more tolerant of some things than most cats although my younger person got it wrong when he named Scratchy (named when he got scratched – my younger person was six at the time). He really should have been named Bitey.

8. deannamelanie

November 18, 2011 at 9:15 pm

Bongo, I bet you got some great laughs. I know Scarlett and Harley just LOVE chasing poor Roory if she escapes after a bath….they think angry, wet kitties are oh-so-funny. I bet you do, too!

November 18, 2011 at 9:38 pm

Deannamelanie, it was funny. Scratchy didn’t get chased off the counter soon enough. Sometimes when he does get chased off the counter I go after him and pin him down. This time my person got him instead and it was even better.

November 18, 2011 at 11:53 pm

Repeat after me Scratchy: Paint paw prints are not art, Paint paw prints are not art, Paint paw prints are not art 🙂

November 19, 2011 at 10:43 am

Bassa, Rumpy had another idea. I think my person washed my feet prematurely. We can do some art together. You can do the mud prints and I’ll do the paint prints. -Scratchy

November 19, 2011 at 6:41 am

Bongo, I hate to break it to ya, but some people LET their 4-legged friends walk in the paint and then on paper, and then they SELL it as art! Maybe next time your mom should just let Scratchy do his thing.

November 19, 2011 at 10:46 am

Rumpy, maybe I can do some art along with Scratchy. That sounds like fun. Actually carpet art sounds like the best. I wonder if anyone would buy it?

11. Geraldine

November 19, 2011 at 2:16 pm

Mr. Cheddar would definitely not go for this! Artwork is good for all of us. If you go that route Bongo, make sure to share your creations ok!

Hugs and headbonks, Ger and the Chedster! 🙂

November 19, 2011 at 2:24 pm

Geraldine, my person is really stingy with her paint. I might have to sneak when she’s not looking if I want to do some artwork – but I’ll be sure to share if I do.

12. Nel

November 20, 2011 at 4:25 am

Good to be on the right side of the fence isn’t it?

On a different note, you might want to try paw painting. Just remember not to eat the paper you’re supposed to be painting on.

November 20, 2011 at 2:42 pm

Nel, that watercolor paper is pretty good. Maybe I could tear it up a little and make a 3D model.

13. Laurie Bartolo

November 20, 2011 at 8:26 am

Bongo, you are such a hoot and your antics really brighten my day. 🙂 I think your person could have made a really cool painting with Scratchy’s paws.

• sandrabranum

November 20, 2011 at 11:35 am

I agree and she could have posted it here on your blog or given it to you for your Christmas present.

November 20, 2011 at 2:57 pm

Sandra, my person says she has to wait for a nice day before she’ll let me or Scratchy paint. She doesn’t trust us with paint in the house.

November 20, 2011 at 2:49 pm

Laurie, I think I’ll see if I can talk my person into putting out more paint for Scratchy. She says it might be a splatter painting though because Scratchy would probably try to flick the paint off his paws.

14. b0ng0

November 20, 2011 at 8:47 am

Shouldn’t we all be allowed to do some painting for Christmas?

November 20, 2011 at 2:50 pm

B0ng0, I think we should do some painting for Christmas. After all, my person did. Maybe I could paint her a picture for a present.

15. Sunshine

November 29, 2011 at 1:31 pm

Bongo, you are rascally but cute all the same. Thank you for the Follow, (no doggie treats tho’) and are youuuuu sure there are no paint stains on your paws??? Thought I saw something colorful just a minute ago. 😦

November 29, 2011 at 4:03 pm

Sunshine, that might have been mud stains you saw. I still haven’t been able to talk my person into putting her paints where I can step in them.

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )