Quail Tree

19 Nov
Quail Tree

Can You Find the Quail?

Sometimes when my person and I walk on the trails near dark we pass by the quail tree. This tree looks like any other tree, but when we get near it we hear lots of wing flapping and clucking and see quail flying everywhere.

If we didn’t startle those quail by walking by we wouldn’t even know they were there. They blend right in to the tree. I’m not sure why they fly away. Maybe they think we’re going to climb the tree and go after them.

Maybe the birds that fly away are the guard birds and they’re distracting us from other birds around the tree. Hey, I hadn’t thought of that. I’d better start checking around that tree. Maybe I’ll find some tasty morsels.

Oops – I just felt a yank on my leash. My person says no tasty morsels for me. At least not any quail flavored ones. I guess I’ll just have to drool – next time I pass that quail tree.

Powered by Linky Tools

Click here to enter your link and view this Linky Tools list…

Posted by on November 19, 2011 in Bongo, dogs, humor

Tags: , ,

22 responses to “Quail Tree

November 19, 2011 at 10:43 am

Them humans know how to spoil ALL our fun! *pout*

November 19, 2011 at 11:09 am

Rumpy, you are so right. I never get to eat any tasty morsels that I find on the trail.

November 19, 2011 at 10:46 am

DO you think they are guarding/warning the tree? It looks pretty spooky. Ever get grabbed by it?

November 19, 2011 at 11:07 am

Karen, that might be it. Maybe those quail are guarding the tree. Or maybe they’re trying to protect me and anyone else walking by from being attached by the tree. I’d better watch my step.

November 19, 2011 at 11:28 am

You woke them up Bongo! They were trying to sleep. Go back tomorrow and bark and say sorry 🙂

November 19, 2011 at 11:58 am

Bassa you are so wise. I’ll go back and apologize, right after I’ve checked around that tree for any tasty morsels.

4. lolapup

November 19, 2011 at 11:58 am

Yesterday I startled a flock of doves who were roosting in a tree. It was so much fun watching them all fly away that I want to do it again today.

November 19, 2011 at 12:32 pm

Lola, it’s so much fun watching the birds fly away, isn’t it? I think my quail must move around to different trees because sometimes when I walk by they all fly away and sometimes they don’t.

5. whatimeant2say

November 19, 2011 at 12:13 pm

I had to make the picture bigger, but I found the quail!

November 19, 2011 at 12:33 pm

Kind of like finding Waldo.

6. thesweetkitten

November 19, 2011 at 12:31 pm

Maybe you like the way we prepare quail, Bongo! First, we put them in a Japanese marinade for a couple of hours and then we grill them 🙂

November 19, 2011 at 12:45 pm

Sweet Kitten, I’ll be right over. It sounds like quail would be very tasty prepared that way. I don’t ever get to eat any – we just watch them run around. My person likes to see the babies in the summer. They’re little fuzzballs.

7. Just Ramblin' Pier

November 19, 2011 at 8:18 pm

This was like those old “I Spy” books where you have to look and look. I did find the quail with the bluish eyes! No morsels…uggh! Go for a yummy biscuit or chew bone. : )

November 19, 2011 at 8:48 pm

Just Ramblin’ Pier, my person had to make sure there was a quail in the picture. Guess I’ll have to settle for a biscuit or chew bone. I haven’t found any yummy morsels around that tree either.

8. Nel

November 20, 2011 at 4:30 am

Bongo, you’re not supposed to eat quail I think because they’re meat is generally like chicken meat. Aren’t dogs not allowed to eat chicken? Besides, you won’t enjoy it much because they’re not that juicy anyway (unlike beef or pork) because of their size.

P.S. I see the quail (I’ll admit I clicked on the picture to enlarge 😉 )!

• Nel

November 20, 2011 at 4:31 am

Oh goodness, that should be their meat not they’re meat. Sorry for the typo.

November 20, 2011 at 2:46 pm

Nel, my person says we’re not supposed to eat chicken bones but she didn’t know about chicken. I never get any anyway. I guess I’ll stick with the beefy bones that I sometimes get. I think you’d have to have pretty good eyes to see that quail without enlarging the picture. They were really hard to see in real life.

9. 2browndawgs

November 20, 2011 at 5:12 am

Oh too bad Bongo, quail is a tasty treat. 🙂

the 2 brown dawgs

PS we aren’t allowed to eat them either, just find and fetch them.

November 20, 2011 at 2:48 pm

Brown Dawgs, you have more self control that I do. It would be too hard for me to fetch birds and not be able to eat them.

10. deannamelanie

November 20, 2011 at 12:58 pm

Sounds like a cool tree. Maybe one day you’ll get some yummy quail but I wouldn’t hold my breath. Of course, Harley holds his for squirrel and I keep telling him they’re just too quick!

November 20, 2011 at 3:01 pm

Deannamelanie, those quail seem to fly away before I ever see them and the squirrels around here are usually up in a tree or walking along the telephone wire. I guess I’ll just have to settle for some good old fashioned dog treats. Maybe I’ll send some Harley’s way too.

11. garrymoore

November 26, 2011 at 6:21 pm

hi to all bongodogblog.wordpress.comers this is my first post and thought i would say hi –
    garry m

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

<span>%d</span> bloggers like this: