It’s My Cubby

22 Dec

Try to Get MeThis is Scratchy here. Bongo and I were having a slight disagreement and I won, so I get to write on his blog today. All I was doing was trying to find a good hidey place – somewhere that I could have some peace and quiet. Somewhere where Bongo wouldn’t bug me.

So what does Bongo do? He’s totally jealous that I found this little cubby that I can fit into. Much too small for Bongo, but perfect for me. So he starts harassing me.

I know all of you who read Bongo’s blog think he’s some kind of perfect dog or something, but believe me he isn’t. Oh, the stories I could tell about him. After all, I’m just a poor little innocent kitty, and Bongo tried to chase me out of my cubby.

Well, I’ll get him this time. I’ve found the perfect place. It’s a good thing it’s Christmas time because for some reason my people only give me this place for a short time every year. And you know why it’s so perfect? Because Bongo gets yelled at if he tries to get back here.

Behind the Tree

Can You See Me?

Posted by on December 22, 2011 in Bongo, dogs, humor

Tags: , , ,

42 responses to “It’s My Cubby

1. jaxart4animals

December 22, 2011 at 10:41 am

Scratchy, I’m Glad you found a spot to relax away from Bongo. I’m very familiar with the way a dog can terrorize cats. (my dog has 4 cats to chase & terrorize, but he’ll only terrorize 3 of them because my Smoky is only 5 lbs, but she puts him in his place)
    Happens all too often in my house. I prefer when he chases squirrels, not cats. Dogs have us humans soooo fooled into thinking they’re perfect.

December 22, 2011 at 10:57 am

Jaxart4animals, I’m so glad you understand what I’m going through. I have to keep a low profile around here to keep Bongo from harassing me. -Scratchy

2. life is a bowl of kibble

December 22, 2011 at 10:57 am

You look snug as a bug in a tree. 😉

December 22, 2011 at 11:07 am

Kibble, it’s really great when I can find a good hidey hole. -Scratchy

3. angelswhisper2011

December 22, 2011 at 11:15 am

Well, Scratchy, you have created a nice place for yourself. Do I hear a little gloating in your voice in your last sentence? At least you’re standing for your rights, very impressive picture 🙂

December 22, 2011 at 4:08 pm

Thanks Angelswhisper. With Bongo I have to gloat every chance I get, because I don’t get all that many chances. -Scratchy

4. whatimeant2say

December 22, 2011 at 12:24 pm

Maybe Bongo need a little hidey hole, too, so he won’t be jealous.

December 22, 2011 at 4:10 pm

Wonderbutt’s person, I would be glad to find Bongo a hidey hole. One with a lock and a key and I’ll throw the key away. -Scratchy

5. 2browndawgs

December 22, 2011 at 12:39 pm

That is a great spot Scratchy! I’d like to see Bongo try hide there!

December 22, 2011 at 4:12 pm

Brown Dawgs, I’m glad you approve of my spot. Bongo would totally mess up the tree if he tried to fit back here. -Scratchy

December 22, 2011 at 12:41 pm

You cats think you’re so clever….. well, you are. *sigh*

December 22, 2011 at 4:13 pm

Rumpy, thanks for admitting that we’re clever. I hope June Buggie saw your comment. -Scratchy

7. Dianda

December 22, 2011 at 1:07 pm

No Bongo? What a surprise!

December 22, 2011 at 4:14 pm

Dianda, us cats gotta take over every once in awhile.

December 22, 2011 at 1:14 pm

Oh poor Scratchy. That is not nice being harassed by a naughty Bongodog. When I see that Bongo I shall flick his little nose.

Take care sweet kitty and stay safe

December 22, 2011 at 4:14 pm

Thanks Patreciau. I’m glad somebody’s taking my side. -Scratchy

9. Winnie

December 22, 2011 at 3:27 pm

Well, I’m going to side with the dog – naturally,

Love and licks, Winnie

December 22, 2011 at 4:15 pm

Winnie, thanks for sticking up for me. It seems everything’s gone to the cats today.

December 22, 2011 at 4:10 pm

Hi scratchy!

This is Tigger the cat! Ugh, dogs. Everyone thinks they are so wonderful! We cats need to gather together and take over the world and ship the dogs off to another planet! Great post… I loved it very much. 🙂 I climb the tree here too and it is nice to escape all these collies….

God Bless You!

Tigger the Cat who would love to put these collies in their place!

December 22, 2011 at 4:19 pm

Tigger, I’m with you on shipping the dogs off to another planet. I think we need to form a cat union and get to work.

God Bless,
      Scratchy

11. For the Love of My Dogs

December 22, 2011 at 5:22 pm

Hey Scratchy, nice going! I like your new spot behind the tree…sounds perfect. Poor Roory has to spend all next week by herself with Scarlett and Chelsea…we’re creating some good hiding spots for her 🙂

December 22, 2011 at 8:25 pm

Deannamelanie, I bet Roory will find some great hidey holes. -Scratchy

12. barb19

December 22, 2011 at 5:47 pm

Cats are clever and will always find a safe, quiet place away from other members of the family – especially from the dogs (sorry Bongo)!
    Scratchy – keep doing what you have to do for some peace and quiet!
    Bongo – get over it!

December 22, 2011 at 8:26 pm

Barb, thanks for sticking up for me. Bongo’s still jealous because I took over his blog. -Scratchy

13. Misty Shores Chesapeakes

December 22, 2011 at 9:00 pm

You look very comfy in your hidey place Scratchy!

December 22, 2011 at 10:38 pm

Misty Shores, this is my favorite hidey place this time of year. -Scratchy

14. henrythebrave

December 23, 2011 at 12:34 am

I’m on Team Bongo. Scratchy sounds rather like an annoying younger sister who always gets her way and makes us look bad. I say, Bongo, you need to hold your own and if there’s anything I can do to assist you, just say the word, my friend. Just say the word!

December 23, 2011 at 8:42 am

Henry, you’ve got it right. Scratchy can be so annoying at times. Thanks for the offer of help. I may take you up on that.

December 23, 2011 at 1:51 am

Heeheehee Scratchy, you found a good place to hide!!! Very clever! 🙂 and I read about your letter to Santa Paws to ask special cat food dish, which is also genius idea! * whispers* but please please do not tell my cat brofur about these perfect ideas!!!

December 23, 2011 at 8:44 am

Kevin, I can’t promise not to tell your cat brofur. Us cats got to stick together you know. -Scratchy

December 23, 2011 at 4:33 am

Hahahaha! I am sure you are only telling one side of the story Scratchy 🙂 Bongo looks as if he is defending himself in the first picture!

December 23, 2011 at 8:45 am

Bassa, Scratchy is an attack cat. I’m glad you could see that.

17. bonesdiary

December 23, 2011 at 5:22 am

boooooo!!!!! Bring back Bongo

December 23, 2011 at 8:46 am

Bones, so glad you’re on my side. I don’t like it at all when my person lets Scratchy get on my blog.

December 23, 2011 at 9:38 am

RC cat says, “Great discover, Scratchy. Watch for that hanging tail”
    The German chorkles , “Yeah, Bongo, watch for that hanging tail. Nothin is safe, kitties – we dogs just have to be fast ….and make sure mom is elsewhere. Slobbery dog mouthings – the ultimate insult. Go team, Bongo”

December 23, 2011 at 12:20 pm

German, I think you’re right. Nothing like a Christmas present for Scratchy of a bunch of slobbery fur.

19. Bassetmomma

December 23, 2011 at 10:16 am

Good for you Scatchy!

December 23, 2011 at 12:20 pm

Bassetmomma, thanks for rooting for me. Bongo has too many fans on this blog. -Scratchy

20. Nel

December 23, 2011 at 5:54 pm

Oh Scratchy. Was there ever a time that you and Bongo got along? 😉

December 23, 2011 at 8:26 pm

Nel, it was much more peaceful here before Bongo showed up. We’d get along fine if he’d just leave me alone. -Scratchy

21. Wayside Artist

December 23, 2011 at 7:49 pm

Scratchy, I think Bongo will have the last word as he edits the comments 🙂 Sigh…Maybe the Christmas excitement has Bongo in a chasey (is that a word?) mood. Madam L is giving her cats work outs. There’s been lots of scolding lately around here. Maybe someone will mail your person a good box for you to hang out in, something smaller than the tree box, so you can feel safe and secure.

December 23, 2011 at 8:34 pm

Nanina, a good box would be nice, but I hope my person finds a secure place for it where Bongo can’t get to. Maybe when he eats all his Christmas cookies he’ll get sleepy and won’t bug me anymore. – Scratchy