She Lost Them

18 May

Can you see them?I knew it! She should have taken me with her. Then she wouldn’t have lost them.

My person left me early this morning. She said she was going a long way away and she had to drive over some long uncrowded highways through a barren landscape and then on some bumpy dirt roads with no road signs to mark her way, till she reached the middle of nowhere. And when she got to the middle of nowhere she would be there.

This middle of nowhere place must be pretty popular because my person and the friends she went with found some more friends there. And a little way from the middle of nowhere they saw a whole bunch of sheep.

But then, you know what happened? My person and her friends were all talking in the middle of nowhere and they looked over where those sheep had been and they were all gone. All of them. Every last one of them.

People can be so irresponsible sometimes. I mean, how can you lose a bunch of sheep in the middle of nowhere? If I had been there I wouldn’t have lost those sheep.

So next time my person gets in the car and looks like she’s about to head to the middle of nowhere, I’m jumping in. Somewhere not too far from the middle of nowhere there’s got to be some sheep, and I’m going to make sure my person and her friends don’t lose them again.

Posted by on May 18, 2012 in Bongo, dogs, humor

Tags: , , , , ,

40 responses to “She Lost Them

1. What I Desired To Say

May 18, 2012 at 12:15 pm

Good boy Bongo!

May 18, 2012 at 1:19 pm

WIDTS, thanks – and thanks for stopping by and commenting.

May 18, 2012 at 2:04 pm

What? Are you kidding me? Definitely need a dog around for that!

May 18, 2012 at 2:18 pm

Rumpy, I think my person might need a few of us dogs there. She said there were a lot of sheep.

3. barb19

May 18, 2012 at 3:10 pm

Atta boy, Bongo!

May 18, 2012 at 6:58 pm

Barb, I’ve really got to get my person to take me on a road trip, so I can find those sheep she so carelessly lost.

4. Patricia

May 18, 2012 at 9:12 pm

No tellin’ what you will find in the middle of nowhere.

May 18, 2012 at 9:25 pm

Patricia, I bet there’s all kinds of interesting things in the middle of nowhere. That’s why my person needs to take me there.

5. tylersat99

May 18, 2012 at 10:33 pm

Sheep, how do you lose a lot of sheep; good thing she didn’t lose her friends too!! You’re right Bongo you should be there too to find the sheep and whatever else is lost.

May 19, 2012 at 1:21 pm

Lexie and Mica, my person says she did lose one friend, but she was told her friend was dropped safely off at home. I’m not so sure after they lost all those sheep. Maybe I’d better go check on the friend too – I understand the friend is a cute girl. Maybe she’s looking for me, since I’m a cute girl magnet.

May 18, 2012 at 11:54 pm

well, you better do that Bongo! Tsk tsk tsk! If only you were there… I’m sure your person regrets not having you with her. Still I wonder, what happened to those sheep? Did they evaporate?

May 19, 2012 at 1:23 pm

Marina, I’m sure those sheep are around there somewhere – but I really need to go find out where.

May 19, 2012 at 3:12 am

Your tall person must be very clever Bongo! How can a whole post be written about a visit to nowhere and its sounds such an interesting place to go. When you find out where it is can I come too. At the moment I have nowhere to go, so I could go to nowhere right now!

May 19, 2012 at 1:25 pm

Patreciau, my person says where she went was the Navajo Reservation. She say sometimes dogs even hang out around her when she goes there, but she’s never taken me. I guess there weren’t any dogs around this time, or those sheep wouldn’t have disappeared.

8. heyitsjethere

May 19, 2012 at 4:11 am

Hey Bongo, Jet here.

Uh oh… a whole group of sheep? How embarrasing… I really think your person needs to attend our Scooby Doo Academy herding outreach program…

Of course you would not have lost the sheep, dude… that’s a no-brainer!!!

May 19, 2012 at 1:26 pm

Hey Jet, I’m registering my person for that class right now. Of course if she’s not willing to take it – or she doesn’t get a passing grade – she’s still going to have to take me with her next time.

• heyitsjethere

May 19, 2012 at 3:14 pm

Hey Bongo,
        You are such a thoughtful K9, registering your person… you can go next time for sure… remind her that you qualify as a clinical instructor!

May 19, 2012 at 4:29 pm

Hey Jet, that clinical instructor thing will convince my person for sure. That way she can get credit for out in the field experience.

• heyitsjethere

May 19, 2012 at 4:54 pm

Splendid idea!

9. Mumsy

May 19, 2012 at 5:17 am

Oh, no!!! They lost the sheep? Sweet Bongo you just gotta go jump in the car every time it leaves now so nothing will get lost. Hugs and nose kisses

May 19, 2012 at 1:27 pm

Mumsy, I agree with you. My person sneaks out of the house sometimes though. I guess I’ll just have to get sneakier than she it.

May 19, 2012 at 6:38 am

Oh no! What a shame! If you had been there…..It’s a kind of our, dogs duty to keep those sheeps!!! 🙂

May 19, 2012 at 1:28 pm

Kevin, I agree. I would have made sure those sheep didn’t get lost. I hope my person takes me to that place in the middle of nowhere soon so I can find them.

11. Jen

May 20, 2012 at 11:00 am

Clearly, those sheep had someplace to be.

May 20, 2012 at 1:55 pm

Jen, I think they are hiding from my person. I really hope she takes me there so I can find them.

May 20, 2012 at 4:20 pm

The collies heard about the lost sheep and are ready to help find them.. after all that is their family business!!! Hope they are found soon! 🙂 Ginger says just sneak out and get in the car when your human’s back is turned for a second and hide in the car. 🙂

May 21, 2012 at 3:16 pm

Collies, I wonder if we could all sneak in the car next time my person goes. With all of you around we’d find those sheep for sure.

13. Bassetmomma

May 20, 2012 at 10:33 pm

Boy, us humans can be so absent minded can’t we! I think you’d better go next time too!

May 21, 2012 at 3:34 pm

Bassetmomma, I’ve got to somehow convince my person to take me. I could find all kinds of new things to explore – besides finding those sheep.

14. angelswhisper2011

May 21, 2012 at 12:10 pm

Bongo, that must have been aliens or something from out of space. Everything points at it: the middle of nowhere… the lost sheep… Whatever it was, it’s better they bring you to watch over the sheep 🙂

May 21, 2012 at 3:54 pm

Angels Whisper, do you think a giant UFO zapped up those sheep? It that’s the case, I’d better go looking for that UFO.

15. eof737

May 24, 2012 at 7:42 pm

I notice you’ve been busy Bongo! I love to visit but forgive me for the silence as I’m catching up still.. 🙂

May 24, 2012 at 7:52 pm

eof737, it’s good to have you stop by when you can. I can understand being busy, because as you’ve noticed, I’ve been busy too.

• eof737

May 24, 2012 at 8:05 pm

Exactly… Your owner is keeping you on your toes. 😆

16. fluffypopcorn

May 30, 2012 at 3:08 am

Hey Bongo! I’m late popping over! Oh no poor sheep! Bongo! You must be at the front line the next time your person heads out to the middle of nowhere! Sneak right in the back seat!

May 30, 2012 at 12:29 pm

Popcorn, I hope I can be sneaky enough about getting into the car because I think my person really needs to take me along next time.

17. Sunshine

June 3, 2012 at 6:53 pm

You go Bongo! No hesitation…just jump!!

June 3, 2012 at 7:02 pm

Sunshine, if I push my way out the house door and push my way into the car there’s no way my person will be able to stop me.

• Sunshine

June 3, 2012 at 9:50 pm

Yep, that’s it and wear your super dog cape…don’t forget that! AND, if your person tries to push you out, just think like a big tank and don’t budge. You’ll be on your way, nooo problems!

June 3, 2012 at 10:11 pm

Sunshine, my person could never push me out if I’m wearing my Super Dog cape.