Pulling Mischief

19 Aug

Bongo and his younger person on the trailMy younger person has been home for the last few days and he let me take him for a walk.

I got really excited because I don’t get to go on walks with him very often.

But we got out a little ways on my trails and I sensed something.

There’s a storm brewing somewhere.

lit up clouds

You see it?

Oh. Well, maybe not in that direction.

It must be over here.

cloudy sky over  Chinmey Rock

I know there’s a storm somewhere.

Maybe we just can’t see it yet.

I decided we shouldn’t go any further.

And you know what my younger person did?

Bongo being dragged by his collar

He pulled mischief on me and started dragging me along.

Do you believe it?

I guess walking is better than getting dragged.

Bongo and his younger person walking on the trail again

So I walked for awhile.

But then I’d had it.

I know that storm is somewhere around here.

I’m not taking a chance.

Bongo pulling against the leash

I’m not going any further.

Bongo giving even more resistance to the leash

Seriously. I mean it.

Bongo sitting at the end of the leash

Two can play at this game.

Younger person shortening the leash while Bongo still sits

So who’s the best mischief maker now?

Monday Mischief Pet Blog Hop

Click here to find more mischievous pets.

Posted by on August 19, 2013 in Bongo, dogs, humor

Tags: , , , , , , , ,

41 responses to “Pulling Mischief

August 19, 2013 at 10:39 am

Oh, no poor thing!!!! I know exactly that look, Bongo. I suppose that treats don’t work either, do they?! Somebody control mr Thunder!! 🙂

August 19, 2013 at 1:20 pm

Marina, not even fish will work when there’s thunder.

• marina kanavaki

August 19, 2013 at 1:54 pm

I know, I know my dear Bongo. I wonder why no one has invented the doggy ear pieces yet!

August 19, 2013 at 10:50 am

Naughty younger person.he should have realized that thunder was somewhere about and that u did not have your jacket on……is this Bongo abuse? Shall I report him for you?
    Lots of loves and nosey kisses

August 19, 2013 at 1:22 pm

Patrecia, it’s definitely Bongo abuse. I think my younger person needs to be sent away until he learns how to treat me better. Oh yeah, he just went away again to that college place. I hope one of his classes is “How to treat Bongo nice.”

August 19, 2013 at 11:10 am

GAH! Doesn’t that young person know that YOU know best!?? Storms are scary, especially when you aren’t even wearing your Thunder Shirt! Yikes! I hope you won the tug of war.

August 19, 2013 at 1:24 pm

Cupcake, I have this big problem trying to play tug of war with my younger person. He’s bigger than me. Maybe you and some of my other blogging friends could come join my team so we have a fighting chance.

• Genevieve Petrillo

August 19, 2013 at 1:59 pm

Mom doesn’t even allow me to play tug of war. She always says the word, “Leave it.” and things fall out of my mouth!

August 19, 2013 at 2:15 pm

I guess Leave it means the same to you as Drop it does to me. I don’t know why those words make things fall out of our mouths. Oh yeah, I guess I do. I’m usually trying to take an indoor toy outside and my person won’t open the door until I drop the toy.

4. PigLove

August 19, 2013 at 11:14 am

Oh Bongo – snorts I think I’m in love with you. I’m not the only one that can be pig-headed! You go my friend. High fives hoove/paw. XOXO – Bacon

August 19, 2013 at 1:26 pm

Thanks Bacon. I think I must have a little bit of pig in me. When I was adopted the Humane Society told my people that I was a pointer mix. Maybe pig is part of the mix.

• PigLove

August 19, 2013 at 2:04 pm

There you go – that could be it! We could be almost related my friend. XOXO – Bacon

August 19, 2013 at 11:43 am

Sometimes people just know what’s good for them. Molly has to do the same thing when it’s just too hot to walk down to the lake….only a dog friend sighted down the block can get her moving.

August 19, 2013 at 1:28 pm

Karen, walks are always better when friends go with us. But tell Molly she might not want to come walking here in the summer either. She can come join me in the fall.

6. Mags Corner

August 19, 2013 at 1:23 pm

Oh, sweet Bongo we hope you didn’t hear those thunder boomers again. Looks like you won out on that walk. We can see you have your paws and hind quarters planted firmly on the ground. We hope all the clouds and boomers go away so you can enjoy your walkies again. Hugs and nose kisses

August 19, 2013 at 1:32 pm

Chancy and Mumsy, the boomers are getting bad right now – and we still have almost a month left of thunder season. I can’t wait till it’s over. Hugs and nose kisses back to you.

7. Donna

August 19, 2013 at 1:34 pm

Oh Bongo…good on you teaching him not to drag you along when you were only trying to protect him from a storm. After all, dog’s are MUCH better weather predictors than us humans. Just watch any weather channel!

August 19, 2013 at 1:38 pm

Donna, I hope my younger person learned his lesson. I don’t think people are good at predicting the weather at all. My person says she can check several internet weather sites and they all predict different weather. Maybe that’s so you can pick which weather you want.

8. Patricia

August 19, 2013 at 8:12 pm

Good for you, Bongo. You need to let your younger person know who is boss on the trails. Train ’em young!

August 19, 2013 at 8:30 pm

Patricia, both my people are slow learners. Training them is really a challenge.

9. Two French Bulldogs

August 19, 2013 at 8:42 pm

looks like you both enjoyed each others company. A perfect day
    Benny & Lily

August 19, 2013 at 11:37 pm

Benny & Lily, we just keep trying to outdo the other in the mischief department. I’m not sure who’s winning.

10. tylersat99

August 19, 2013 at 8:51 pm

We don’t know Bongo, it looks like a really nice day for walking. I think you should have gone along 😉

August 19, 2013 at 11:38 pm

Lexie and Mica, there was thunder somewhere. I’m sure of it. You just can’t trust that stuff.

• tylersat99

August 19, 2013 at 11:39 pm

We never trust thunder Bongo, it just looked like a beautiful day:)

11. Bassa's Blog

August 19, 2013 at 10:45 pm

Seeing those pictures reminded me of the saying, “as stubborn as a mule” but perhaps “as stubborn as a Bongo” would be more apt! 🙂

August 19, 2013 at 11:39 pm

Bassa, I can be pretty stubborn when I put my ass mind into it.

12. Dalton

August 20, 2013 at 1:12 am

You told him!!

August 20, 2013 at 2:00 pm

Dalton, I sure did. He’ll probably think twice before trying to pull mischief on me again.

13. mollieandalfie

August 20, 2013 at 5:42 am

So you went out for a drag then BOL xxooxx

Mollie and Alfie

August 20, 2013 at 2:00 pm

Mollie and Alfie, drag is right. I tried to make him drag me all the way home.

August 20, 2013 at 7:20 am

Oh no! Poor Bongo…..*sniff* I see you really hated going ahead……Storm and thunder are scary….I do almost the same, tug of war, when mom tries to finish our walk much earlier and to go back home……Humans are so selfish, aren’t they?

August 20, 2013 at 2:01 pm

Kevin, that’s the other time I play tug of war too. When I want a longer walk than my person is willing to let me have. Sometimes it works. Usually not though.

15. snoopys@snoopysdogblog

August 20, 2013 at 7:53 am

Hey Bongo,

Younger person should be glad you’re the sensible one and helped him avoid the thunder, I bet he would have been more scared than you! 🙂

Wags to all

Your pal Snoopy 🙂

August 20, 2013 at 2:02 pm

Snoopy, that must be why he so often hides in his room when he’s home. I bet he’s hiding from the thunder. Maybe I ought to hang out in his room. It must be more secure in there.

16. kolytyi

August 21, 2013 at 10:23 am

OMG, poor Bongo! Your younger person is typical human: he has reduced senses and over-developed stubbornness!

August 21, 2013 at 12:28 pm

Kolytyi, I keep trying to train my younger person, but he’s such a slow learner.

17. Daydreamer

August 27, 2013 at 5:25 am

Where do you live?, it looks so great there 🙂

August 27, 2013 at 12:04 pm

Daydreamer, we live in Sedona, AZ. It really is a beautiful place.

September 13, 2013 at 6:35 pm

Way to tell him Bongo! YAY! -Ginger

September 13, 2013 at 10:35 pm

Ginger, I’m really good at pulling mischief on my younger person.