One to Many Walks

20 Aug

Bongo in the kitchen resisting his leashNo, person. I am not leaving the house!

There’s thunder out there.

Besides, I already had my walk today.

I don’t care if you didn’t.

You could have gone on your own walk. You left me for long enough.

It’s a good thing you left the front door open so I could escape.

And it’s a good thing my younger person stayed asleep in bed so he didn’t see me escape.

You want me to tell them the rest of the story?

I don’t want to. It’s too awful.

Oh, I thought you meant the thunder part.

Well, it all started a few days ago when our neighbor saw the devil cat in his yard.

Bobcat drawing

Apparently that devil cat bobcat has been lurking around because today when my person left the house she found a dead cat in our driveway.

And our neighbor found another one in his yard.

My person was so upset she didn’t close the front door when she left.

So now comes the really bad part.

What do you mean, that was the really bad part?

Like I said, the really bad part is coming.

Because it started thundering. And my person was gone. And my younger person was asleep with his door shut.

But I found the open front door and I was off down the street.

I met a really nice neighbor that I didn’t know before.

At least I thought he was nice. Until he called my person and ratted on me.

And then he took me back home and made me go in the house.

He could have at least stopped the thunder first.

So person, I don’t care what you say.

Bongo in the yard resisting his leash

I am not going on another walk today.

Posted by on August 20, 2013 in Bongo, dogs, humor

Tags: , , , , ,

38 responses to “One to Many Walks

August 20, 2013 at 10:49 am

Escape!! OMGoodness, B. Escaping through the open door alone is NEVER a good idea!! That neighbor may have rescued you from the thunder AND the devil cat!

Love and licks and it’s safer inside,

August 20, 2013 at 2:04 pm

Cupcake, this is the first time I’ve escaped in a long time. I used to escape all the time but then my person learned all my tricks. At least my person came back home right after I got home.

2. Mags Corner

August 20, 2013 at 11:02 am

Oh, now we understand sweet Bongo you have already had your walk. Too bad the neighbor took you home and made you go inside but you know what we bet it was for your own good. We would not want that devil cat to get after you. We are sad about the dead cats. Hugs and nose kisses

August 20, 2013 at 2:06 pm

Chancy and Mumsy, I’m sure glad I didn’t see that devil cat, but I think I’m bigger than he is. Those cats weren’t though. That thunder’s what really gets me. It’s much bigger than I am.

August 20, 2013 at 11:03 am

Oh, no a dead cat!!! I can imagine why she left the door open BUT, Bongo, escape?!!!! That is not good! After all you are super dog and master of this family, are you not?! Anyway, I am going back to my idea about doggy earpieces or cotton in the ears!!! 🙂 Like Genevieve says: “it’s safer inside”!

August 20, 2013 at 2:07 pm

Marina, maybe I could get doggie earpieces and call them my new Thunder Hat. Then I could be Thunder Dog.

4. Reviews with Andrea

August 20, 2013 at 11:58 am

Thunder is scary. I’m glad Bongo Dog made it home safely. http://lovedogsandanimals.com/

August 20, 2013 at 2:11 pm

Andrea, I made it home but I’m not sure how safe it was. That thunder kept rumbling through the house for a long time after I got home. Thanks for stopping by and commenting, and for the Follow.

5. Elle Knowles

August 20, 2013 at 12:41 pm

I love this blog! Gives me a laugh I need. I always wondered what animals were thinking…now I know! LOL

August 20, 2013 at 2:13 pm

Thanks Elle. You made my day. I’m not sure if I think the same as all the other animals out there, but I do have my own perspective.

6. PigLove

August 20, 2013 at 1:48 pm

oohh Bongo – you could have been dognapped! I think about that and just shiver my friend. You gotta be careful. There’s devil cats out there – XOXO – Bacon

August 20, 2013 at 2:15 pm

Bacon, at least we have nice neighbors around here. Well, at least they’re nice until they stuff me back into my house. Lots of them are dog people. I don’t know if any of them have pigs though.

• PigLove

August 20, 2013 at 3:18 pm

A lot of my neighbors think I’m a dog when I go out to the car. I mean really – does the snout not give you away? Lord only knows what would happen if I got loose in the hood. Shivers. XOXO – Bacon

7. Donna

August 20, 2013 at 3:14 pm

Oh how scary, about the dead cats, and the thunder, and worse that you got out. So glad that kind person ratted on you!

August 20, 2013 at 11:17 pm

Donna, I’m not sure about the ratting thing, but at least that guy was nice to me.

8. writetowag

August 20, 2013 at 5:17 pm

Oh no!!!!! Home is the best place ever…stay inside where its safe and warm, please!!!! Very glad you are safe now!!!!

August 20, 2013 at 11:19 pm

It doesn’t seem safe inside when I can hear thunder. At least my person came home soon after that and hung out with me for the rest of the thunder.

August 20, 2013 at 11:10 pm

That is sad about the cats who died…This Bobcat must be quite a nasty creature…so I agree with you…another walk is not necessary as you could come across a big Bobcat on your trails and that could be worse than thunder…Oh my! I am staying at home with you Bongo x

August 20, 2013 at 11:20 pm

Patrecia, nothing is worse than thunder. I’m sure I could give that bobcat what for if I found him on my trails.

10. Dalton

August 21, 2013 at 12:46 am

O Bongo, I am sorry that you dislike thunder so much, give your person a big cuddle I think she will need it, with the cat n your exploring. Glad your safe pal!

August 21, 2013 at 12:22 pm

Dalton, I was out on my trails this morning and found my neighbor looking for that devil cat. I would have gone and helped him, but then it started thundering. I guess that devil cat’s safe for now – but I’m gonna give him what for one of these days.

11. agatapokutycka

August 21, 2013 at 3:35 am

Sending you a big hug… and a little scratch behind left ear 😉

August 21, 2013 at 12:22 pm

Thanks. I can use all the loves I can get – especially when there’s thunder.

12. Paws To Talk

August 21, 2013 at 6:13 am

Bongo,

Stay home! Our humans aren’t always right. We are scared just looking at the Bobcast’s mug.

Bella and DiDi

August 21, 2013 at 12:24 pm

Bella and Didi, I found my neighbor out looking for that nasty old bobcat today. I would have helped my neighbor but then it started thundering. So I went home.

August 21, 2013 at 7:29 am

OMD! Bongo…please…do not escape from your house!!! I understand you want to have adventures but there are too many dangers outside without your humans…..Anyway I’m so relieved you got home safely.
    Well….you mean that bobcat attacked the dead cat? Oh no….poor dead cat…..I’m so sorry for him/her…

August 21, 2013 at 12:26 pm

Kevin, my person thought maybe a car hit the cat – until she found out there were at least two dead cats that night. The other one was right near where the bobcat had been seen and we don’t live very far away from there. Today I found my neighbor looking for that bobcat to give it what for. I would have helped, but then it started thundering so I went home.

14. kolytyi

August 21, 2013 at 10:25 am

Oh, Bongo, I almost get an heart attack! I thought that you met the devil cat!!

August 21, 2013 at 12:29 pm

Kolytyi, I didn’t see the devil cat but my neighbor did. Today I found my neighbor on my trails looking for that devil cat to give him what for for killing those cats.

15. Angelica X. Landry

August 22, 2013 at 12:49 am

wow creepy but yet interesting story! Maybe if I had a cat like that I wouldn’t have to myther my mum for one!

August 22, 2013 at 8:04 pm

With a cat like that you sure wouldn’t have any other cats around.

16. angelswhisper2011

August 22, 2013 at 2:04 pm

OMC it’s Full Moon, that devil cat must have got crazy 😦

• angelswhisper2011

August 22, 2013 at 2:05 pm

I meant “gone”

August 22, 2013 at 7:43 pm

I didn’t even notice the typo. I just read your sentence as it should have been.

August 22, 2013 at 7:42 pm

Little Binky, I hope there’s no devil cats where you live – but just in case there are, please stay inside whenever there’s a full moon.

September 13, 2013 at 6:34 pm

make sure you water the neighbors flowers when you go on your next walk! -Ginger

September 13, 2013 at 10:34 pm

Ginger, I’ll for sure water that tattle tale neighbor’s flowers.