Turkey Trail

29 Nov

Bongo on the trail with red rocks and blue sky in the backgroundI don’t mean to make all my friends jealous who live in different places with lousy weather but – yes I do. I’m going to make you jealous.

Because we had the most perfect Thanksgiving Day ever.

There wasn’t a cloud in the sky and the temperature was pleasant.

The parking lot at my trails was so full that cars spilled out onto the street – even as far as my house.

Every two minutes it seemed, my person was pulling me aside so people could pass.

I did get to get loves from one little boy.

His face was at the perfect height for kissing.

But something was missing from my trails.

After all, it was Thanksgiving so I figured there should be some turkeys running around somewhere.

Bongo sniffing and not noticing the turkey

So I started sniffing around to see if I could catch a turkey scent.

I’ve never seen a turkey on my trails, but you’d think at least one would show up on Thanksgiving.

Bongo in a dry wash and looking away from the turkey

I thought the dry wash might be a good place to go.

Not many people or dogs go here so I figured if a turkey was around it might be brave enough to show itself.

Bongo at a bend in the dry wash and still not seeing the turkey

Here turkey, turkey!

Come on out. It’s just me.

You’re safe here.

Bongo in the dry wash and still missing the turkey

I’m not having any luck finding turkeys.

Either they’re really good at hiding, or there just aren’t any around.

Bongo ready to head home - still missing the turkey

I give up. Guess I’ll head back home.

I hope my younger person didn’t eat all the turkey in the fridge.

Posted by on November 29, 2013 in Bongo, dogs, humor

Tags: , , , , , , , ,

18 responses to “Turkey Trail

November 29, 2013 at 11:00 am

I think that I would rather have yesterdays turkey …surprised that you did not go to investigate that strange creature..

November 29, 2013 at 9:24 pm

Patrecia, what strange creature? I didn’t see anything.

November 29, 2013 at 11:10 am

Looks like a real turkey trot there. Don’t worry, Bongo – they are all feathers and too much gobbles to talk seriously with

November 29, 2013 at 9:25 pm

Karen, you’re right. I couldn’t possible have a decent conversation with a turkey.

November 29, 2013 at 11:39 am

That bird is playing games with you, Bongo!! 🙂

November 29, 2013 at 9:25 pm

Bird? What bird Marina? I didn’t see any bird.

November 29, 2013 at 11:54 am

B. Run. Run fast and run far. There’s a sneaky turkey trying to kill you.

November 29, 2013 at 9:26 pm

Cupcake, I’m outta here! No turkey is going to get me. Which way did it go?

5. tylersat99

November 30, 2013 at 2:28 am

You are right Bongo, you definitely we making us jealous. It was sunny but so cold here out people locked us in so we only had the house and garage. There were no Turkey’s there either. Where do you think they all were? We sure didn’t see any either. You don’t think the Turkey’s were hiding from you do you? Well maybe next year 😉

December 1, 2013 at 11:14 pm

Lexie and Mica, next year I’m going to start my turkey hunting early. If I find any extra I’ll chase them over to your house.

December 1, 2013 at 8:14 am

The sky on the first picture is perfectly blue!!! So beautiful!
    Hey Bongo….there is a turky on your left…..he is looking at you…..Oh! Maybe he is teasing you not to find him? Hee hee…

December 1, 2013 at 11:39 pm

Turkey? Where? Where? I don’t see a turkey anywhere.

We do get beautiful blue skies here quite often – especially at certain times of the year. Although my person seems to like some clouds in the sky now that she’s taking lots of pictures for her photography class.

7. dianeskitchentable

December 2, 2013 at 5:46 pm

Diane wants to spend Thanksgiving with you Bongo. We have turkeys here and when they come in my yard I have to chase them right outta here!

December 2, 2013 at 11:17 pm

Lola, you get turkeys in your yard!? I’ve never even seen a live turkey. I’m lucky to see a lizard in my yard. Catch one of those turkeys and then we can all have Thanksgiving together.

• dianeskitchentable

December 3, 2013 at 7:05 am

These guys are too ugly to catch – plus they walk funny so I need to keep them out of my yard. Then they go peck on my neighbor’s glass door & they get mad & shoo them back to my yard. It’s a neverending cycle

December 3, 2013 at 2:55 pm

Maybe you could dress them up and have a turkey party.

8. kolytyi

December 7, 2013 at 10:58 am

OMG, Bongo! There is a saying in Hungarian: “He is waiting for the roast pigeon to fall into his mouth”. Were you waiting for a roast turkey?

December 8, 2013 at 5:42 pm

Kolytyi, I was, I was. And for some reason it never happened.