Strange Sounds

21 Jan

Bongo looking at SugarloafSometimes when I’m out on my trails I hear strange sounds coming from the top of Sugarloaf.

In case you haven’t figured it out, Sugarloaf is that round, red, hill thing over there.

So anyway, back to those strange sounds.

Sometimes I hear people yelling from up there.

Sometimes someone is playing a flute.

I’ve even heard drums beating up there.

But today I heard one of the strangest sounds of all.

I heard chanting.

And not just any chanting.

Three people were chanting in unison.

They must have practiced a long time because they all were in the same place at the same time with their chant.

I heard that sound, but I had to look all over the place before I finally found where it was coming from.

So I had my person take a picture of those chanters so you could see them too.

But I think you might have to look as hard as I did in order to find them.

People chanting in Sugarloaf

Happy chanting – I mean looking.

Posted by on January 21, 2014 in Bongo, dogs, humor

Tags: , , ,

22 responses to “Strange Sounds

1. Two French Bulldogs

January 21, 2014 at 10:48 am

Is there a Pow Wow going on?
    Lily

January 21, 2014 at 11:35 am

Lily, that’s what happens here most often. Indian chants or music. This sounded more like a bunch of Buddhists.

2. PigLove

January 21, 2014 at 11:03 am

I see them my friend. Maybe they were casting a spell for some rain? Or perhaps more ‘food’ on your trail? This is a mystery indeed. XOXO – Bacon

January 21, 2014 at 11:36 am

Bacon, I’ll take both of those things. We haven’t had rain here in about a month (hard to believe it’s winter) and I’ll always take some food. Whatever it was they were chanting for though, I guess it didn’t work.

• PigLove

January 21, 2014 at 1:48 pm

Well darn it snorts. Maybe next time, it will 🙂 XOXO – Bacon

3. Mags Corner

January 21, 2014 at 11:48 am

We see the chanters. As we were reading your post and read about the flute and chanting we were wondering if they were American Indians. I guess that would be a good place for prayers and or meditation. Hugs and nose kisses

January 21, 2014 at 11:40 pm

Chancy and Mumsy, the flute playing is often a Native American, but this chanting sounded more like Buddhist chanting. And I do find people on my trails quietly praying or meditating sometimes. I guess they are a good place for that – but I would never be able to stay still that long. I’ve got to check all my messages. Hugs and nose kisses back to you.

4. Kimberly M. Ringer

January 21, 2014 at 11:59 am

That is a beautiful place Bongo. I wish I had trails like that to walk on close to my house.

January 21, 2014 at 11:41 pm

Kimberly, I guess I am one of the luckiest dogs alive, living close to such great trails. Now if there was just a swimming hole…

January 21, 2014 at 3:05 pm

I hope they’re not putting a spell on you, B. Those chanters can be tricky.

January 21, 2014 at 11:42 pm

Cupcake, I made my person walk by them fast in case they were up to no good.

6. Dalton

January 22, 2014 at 5:49 am

I suppose if it makes them happy!

January 26, 2014 at 1:35 pm

Dalton, they did seem to enjoy what they were doing.

January 22, 2014 at 6:45 am

I see them there Bongo….Are they wearing almost similar uniform? I wonder why they were chanting on your trail….? They let someone listen to their chanting?

January 26, 2014 at 1:37 pm

Kevin, people are always doing strange things around here – like chanting on my trails. They might be wearing almost the same thing. I didn’t really look.

8. angelswhisper2011

January 25, 2014 at 12:47 pm

I love chanting, Bongo and in your environment, it seems like the mountains are singing 🙂

January 26, 2014 at 2:27 pm

Little Binky, it did seem like singing all around. I could hear it everywhere I went on my trails.

9. dianeskitchentable

January 27, 2014 at 8:59 am

If I had been there Bongo, you and I could haven started our own chant…that would have been interesting…Lola

January 27, 2014 at 10:49 am

Lola, I bet we could have drowned out those people.

• dianeskitchentable

January 27, 2014 at 1:52 pm

Without a doubt. I know I can annoying one particular neighbor … But Diane says that’s fine with her;)

February 4, 2014 at 4:09 pm

I spotted 3 but I can’t be sure there weren’t any more behind those bushes and trees. Why didn’t you join them? [time for your person to get a little recorder too!] 🙂

February 6, 2014 at 10:42 pm

Marina, I think you spotted them all. And I guess I should tell my person to use the video part of her camera in times like this because it does record sound. Maybe it’s time I put some movies on my blog.