Best Friends

18 Mar

Bongo in a red bandannaLast week my people left me in the dog hotel and went travelling without me.

I’m still pretty upset that they didn’t take me with them, but at least they brought me this bandanna – and some treats too.

They visited a really cool place, and it was only by chance that they stopped by.

But I think it was the best place they went to.

Here’s how they ended up there.

They were driving into Kanab, Utah and the whole road was closed for construction.

They didn’t even have one lane open so cars could eventually get through – nope, they closed that road down.

But right near where my people had to stop was the entrance to the Best Friends Animal Sanctuary, so they went there.

And they said it was the coolest place.

I know it’s got to be since they bought me this bandanna and some treats there.

Best Friends Animal Sanctuary is a no kill shelter and it’s nothing like the dog jail my people found me in.

The animals have lots of room to run and play and they get lots of good care and loves too.

All kinds of animals live there. Everything from horses, birds, rabbits, cats and dogs and…

Pot bellied pig

Pigs. This is Rupert.

My person also got to meet Yoyo.

Brown pit bull

Yoyo doesn’t look very friendly in this picture, but my person said when she held out her hand to Yoyo, she came over and kissed it and turned out to be one of the most loving dogs she’d met.

Hey, wait a minute. What about me?

***

That place must be really cool though because even the wild animals hang out there.

Two wild turkeys

I bet it would be fun to chase those turkeys.

But even though that place looks great, and hardly like a dog jail at all, I wouldn’t want anybody thinking I belonged there.

So I put on this sticker that my person got when she was there.

Bongo with a sticker that says "I am visiting."

Posted by on March 18, 2014 in Bongo, dogs, humor

Tags: , , , , , , , ,

19 responses to “Best Friends

March 18, 2014 at 10:50 am

If I went to visit one of those animal sanctuaries I would want to take all the animals home with me. That is why I now have 6 dogs …3 girls and 3 boys plus 3 cats…I really would love a pig though.
    you were much better to stay at home as they might have thought that maybe you would want to go to live there

March 19, 2014 at 11:58 pm

Patrecia, my person always wants to take the animals home too. But they didn’t have time to do the tour, so they only got to meet the animals in the pictures. I think my person wanted to bring Yoyo home. Just as long as she doesn’t bring those turkeys.

2. alexrawfootage

March 18, 2014 at 10:58 am

To me that is very nice post by the way fantastic photographs. If you can please hit follow I will be very grateful thank you http://alexrawfootage.wordpress.com
    and http://www.akingproduction.com

March 20, 2014 at 12:02 am

Thanks. And thanks for stopping by and commenting.

3. dianeskitchentable

March 18, 2014 at 11:17 am

You look stunning in that bandana. That is a very cool place but I don’t know why they want turkeys there! They come in my yard & I have to chase them right out of here – I don’t like them because they walk funny & do weird things with their necks – kinda freaks me out…Lola

March 20, 2014 at 12:04 am

Thanks Lola. I don’t know if they want those turkeys there either. I think they just came on their own. Maybe they should get one of the dogs to chase them out.

4. Two French Bulldogs

March 18, 2014 at 12:28 pm

They sure went to a beautiful place. I don’t like when I don’t go along with mom. That piggy is so cute
    Snorts,
    Lily & Edward

March 20, 2014 at 12:05 am

Lily & Edward, my people went to several beautiful places without me. They could have at least brought that piggy home for me to play with. It would be better than all the cats I got stuck with.

5. fredrieka

March 18, 2014 at 3:23 pm

OH Bongo can not stop loving you .. Handsome as you are.. sigh.. paw against my forehead.. wheew.. no wags. just licks

March 20, 2014 at 12:06 am

Ooh Fredrieka! You’re making me all shivery inside.

March 18, 2014 at 4:16 pm

Sounds like a wonderful place, Bongo and I pray for those animals that they soon get their very own ‘Gotcha Day’!! You look so smart with that bandana! 🙂

March 20, 2014 at 12:07 am

Thanks Marina. I hope all those animals get their own “Gotcha Day” too. That place works hard at finding them forever homes.

7. Patricia

March 18, 2014 at 4:56 pm

Lookin’ nifty in that bandanna…

March 20, 2014 at 12:07 am

Thanks Patricia. I’m trying to keep in style.

March 18, 2014 at 6:49 pm

I hope all those shelter critters get forever homes soon. They look sweet. You are adorable in your new bandana. Keep the sticker handy, just in case.

March 20, 2014 at 12:08 am

Thanks Cupcake. I hope all those critters get forever homes soon too. That place works hard to find homes for them.

March 19, 2014 at 6:27 am

Lupert and Yoyo look lovely! I’m sure that the place where your person visited ” Best Friends Animal Sanctuary” muct be a woderful place for animals! and your bandanna from the sanctuary is cool! Love the color, too! 🙂

March 20, 2014 at 12:09 am

Thanks Kevin. I think that place would be the best place for any animal until they get their forever home. It’s almost not like dog jail.