Stealing My Rocks

26 May

Thunder Mountain behind smokeThere has been some real mischief going on around here this weekend.

Someone is trying to steal my red rocks.

I looked outside and they were slowly fading away.

They came back later in the day, but whoever was after them must be really persistent.

Because the next morning they were hardly there at all.

Sedona rocks covered in smoke

I don’t know what I’m going to do.

Without my rocks this place won’t be the same.

Look at this!

Sedona Rocks covered in smoke

My person says there’s a fire and it’s the smoke that’s stealing the rocks.

Well, that must be some pretty mischievous smoke.

I’ve never heard of such a thing.

I hope all those firefighters that are fighting that fire can capture all the smoke and send it away.

Because what if that smoke tries to steal something more than my rocks?

Bongo faded out

Like meeeeee!

Monday Mischief Pet Blog Hop

Click here to find more mischievous pets.

Posted by on May 26, 2014 in Bongo, dogs, humor

Tags: , , , , , , ,

29 responses to “Stealing My Rocks

1. fredrieka

May 26, 2014 at 10:35 am

Oh fires are awful all the animals that are scared or worse..

May 26, 2014 at 11:10 pm

Fredrieka, I sure hope all the animals in the line of fire have been able to escape.

May 26, 2014 at 10:40 am

At first I thought Yippee its the aliens so Bongo will wear his tin hat but then I read further…no aliens , just nasty smoke.
    Maybe the firefighters would want to make you Chief Firefighter cos then you could pee on the fire and put it out

May 26, 2014 at 11:11 pm

Patrecia, great idea! I’m going to offer those firefighters my services right now.

3. M. K. Clinton

May 26, 2014 at 10:47 am

The fires are terrible. Hopefully, they will be contained quickly with loss of life. Brave firefighters!!

May 26, 2014 at 11:13 pm

M.K. so far three have been no lost structures and only minor injuries (like getting attacked by poison oak). Praying that everyone continues to stay safe.

4. crazystacey

May 26, 2014 at 10:55 am

That’s so scary you are so close to the fires. I feel bad for all those people who are being evacualted. Stay safe and lets hope that your rocks are the last thing the fire takes.

May 26, 2014 at 11:14 pm

Stacey, whoever is trying to steal my rocks isn’t doing a very good job because they disappear in the morning and keep coming back in the afternoon. We aren’t in any danger where we are – except for all the smoke.

May 26, 2014 at 11:41 am

No, B. Don’t let the smoke get you. I want those fires to go away, now.

May 26, 2014 at 11:15 pm

Cupcake, maybe if I blow on them really hard they’ll go out. My person won’t take me out for my walks until later in the day when the smoke isn’t so bad.

6. Marty the Manx

May 26, 2014 at 2:46 pm

Oh no Bongo the nasty smoke can’t steal you! Those kitties would win! Wait…. can smoke steal kitties?

May 26, 2014 at 11:16 pm

Marty, I might have to check that you. Hey smoke, I’ve got a couple cats for you!

May 26, 2014 at 2:48 pm

Oh, no, how horrific! I also hope the firemen send this smoke character to jail for all the bad he’s done. I know you wouldn’t like that much but it would be really good if it rained. After all, it is better being dressed with a ‘thundervest’ than disappearing into smoke! Sending my thoughts and prayers to all those people affected. Keep your person safe, Bongo! 🙂

May 26, 2014 at 11:18 pm

Marina, we got a little rain, but no thunder, on Saturday night. It made the smoke really bad Sunday morning but it helped the firefighters. They don’t expect us to get any more rain for the next few days though. I’m keeping an eye on my person. I won’t let her go out on my trails until later in the day when the smoke isn’t so bad.

8. Dalton

May 27, 2014 at 2:17 am

*worried ears* you don’t think the smoke will try and steal you, do you??!

May 27, 2014 at 10:55 pm

Dalton, I make my person hold tight to my leash when I take her outside. That smoke would have a harder time stealing both of us.

• Dalton

May 28, 2014 at 1:59 am

pleased to hear it!!

May 27, 2014 at 7:00 am

Oh nooooo! Don’t go Bongo….You’re fading away….How scary those smoke is…..I hope the fire will be put out soon…..and nobody will be hurt…

May 27, 2014 at 10:56 pm

Kevin, so far no one has been injured from the fire and the only property damage has been one fence post. We may have the smoke with us for awhile though.

10. kolytyi

May 27, 2014 at 10:17 am

Bark at that evil smoke so that it runs away!

May 27, 2014 at 10:57 pm

Kolytyi, I would totally bark at it but my person says it might make me cough.

May 27, 2014 at 2:55 pm

Okay….. its bad enough it steals rocks… but stealing you? Collie watering brigade is on the way… muwahahahahahah -Ginger who thinks that if anyone is going to start a big fire it should be her….

May 27, 2014 at 11:05 pm

Ginger, I can really use all you collies right now. With all of us watering that fire it should be out in no time.

12. Home

May 29, 2014 at 5:29 am

Is that the smoke from Oak Creek Canyon, Bongo? Wod how terrfying. Stay safe! Tell your person I have such wonderful memories of driving through the canyon, your person is a real good mate!

May 29, 2014 at 10:45 pm

Susan, it is the smoke from Oak Creek Canyon. But we could finally see the rocks again this morning. Most of the smoke was gone and they’re making great progress on that fire.

13. Mags Corner

May 31, 2014 at 2:03 pm

Oh, no!! That smoke better not steal you sweet Bongo…that would not be good. Chancy would have to get him a hat and go looking for you. Hugs and nose kisses

May 31, 2014 at 7:30 pm

I almost had to call Chancy to come look for me, but the smoke isn’t nearly as bad anymore.

14. Run A Muck Ranch

May 31, 2014 at 9:46 pm

Duh! Now I have you placed! The red rock disappearing gave me the ding ding! Not close neighbors but nothing to say when Run A Muck Ranch takes some of the Idiots up north in the summer in search of water to splash in, Bongo can’t show us around!

June 1, 2014 at 3:31 pm

Run a Muck, I would love to show you around. Especially if swimming is involved.