Gotta Run

18 Sep

Bongo is out the doorMy person left me home alone with Scratchy all morning and when she came back she brought a friend with her. I love it when friends come over to the house. I get really excited because now I have a new person to play with me. Sometimes my people get tired of playing with me, but I haven’t had a chance to wear out the new person yet.

Well, my person let me outside for a few minutes and did something on her computer, and then she and her friend did something unthinkable. They started heading out the front door. They’d only been here a few minutes and they were going to leave. I hadn’t even had a chance to give a slobbery ball to my person’s friend so she could throw it for me to catch. I mean, that’s dog abuse isn’t it? Leaving and taking the friend away before we’ve had a chance to play?

Well, I could play this game too. The friend was in front of my person at the door so I knew I had a chance and I took it. I ran for it and made it out the door before anyone could catch me. Off to the yard across the street I ran, and when my person came toward me I headed to the next block. She won’t be able to catch me until I’m good and ready to be caught. No sign of anybody and I’m having a great time. Running down the street and off on another side street.

Hey, here comes a vehicle and it’s stopping right next to me. Ride time. I don’t recognize the vehicle but I hear my person’s voice coming out of it. Guess I’ll just wait here until she lets me in.

Hey, wait a minute. They just drove me home, took me in the house, and left. What kind of justice is that? I want a do over.

Posted by on September 18, 2011 in Bongo, dogs, humor, pets

Tags: ,

6 responses to “Gotta Run

September 18, 2011 at 5:25 pm

Oh Bongo, NOT a good idea! I see obedience training in your future dude. *sigh*

• BongoDogOwner

September 18, 2011 at 6:47 pm

Oh Rumpy, is obedience training like school? My younger person always complains about school – but now that he’s in college he doesn’t complain much. Maybe obedience training is like college.

2. lolapup

September 18, 2011 at 5:28 pm

I take every chance I get to slip out the front door and have a running spree. There are so many great smells to investigate that I can never reach when I’m on my walk on a leash. I haven’t been able to run in a while, but I’ve always got my eye on that front door.

• BongoDogOwner

September 18, 2011 at 6:44 pm

Lola, you’re my kind of dog. We could have fun running together.

September 18, 2011 at 8:26 pm

Be careful Bongo, it’s a ‘jungle’ on the streets. You could get lost!

• BongoDogOwner

September 18, 2011 at 8:47 pm

Bassa, I usually just go around the block and them come home. Once I ran a long way trying to escape the thunder. Some nice people found me and called the number on my tag and my person came and got me. -Bongo