Summer Sleeping Spot

30 Sep

Summer Sleeping SpotIn the summer, when it’s hot, my favorite place to sleep is the bathroom floor. It has nice, cool tiles and they feel good. I don’t usually sleep right on the tiles. My person has a bath mat on the floor and I usually sleep on that. It’s still much cooler than the carpet in the rest of the house and it’s kind of like my own little secluded place.

At least most of the time it’s my own little place. Sometimes my person comes in there. And sometimes she wants to use that toilet thing that happens to be right next to where I’m laying. Well, good luck to her. I’m not moving out of her way. If she wants to get in here she’s going to have to squeeze. Sometimes she tries to push me out of the way, but I pretend I don’t know what she wants and stay right where I am. Seems like she’d just give up and go away, but she doesn’t. Maybe one day she’ll get the idea that I’m not budging and give up on using that toilet thing.

Posted by on September 30, 2011 in Bongo, dogs, humor

Tags: , ,

12 responses to “Summer Sleeping Spot

September 30, 2011 at 11:08 am

I like to lay on the bedroom floor by the AC vent.

• BongoDogOwner

September 30, 2011 at 11:31 am

Rumpy, that sounds like another good place to sleep.

2. mariodacat

September 30, 2011 at 12:57 pm

Hi Bongo. I just hopped over from the blog hop to say hello. You know pal, oomans are very very hard to train. They are very slow at catching on! Good luck.

• BongoDogOwner

September 30, 2011 at 11:11 pm

Hi Mariodacat. Thanks for visiting my blog. I keep working on my people, but you’re right, they’re very hard to train.

September 30, 2011 at 11:46 pm

My bathroom also has cool stone tiles Bongo and is great in the summer. I’m fortunate that it is large so I don’t have the close ‘sharing’ problem you have 🙂

• BongoDogOwner

October 1, 2011 at 11:34 am

Bassa, I wonder if I could get my person to enlarge our bathroom. It would be nice not to have to share.

October 1, 2011 at 5:22 am

Bongo, I have nominated you for the Versatile Blogger award!

5. Dawn

October 1, 2011 at 12:05 pm

Maya likes to sleep on tiled bathroom floor when she is hot. Sephi only goes into the bathroom when there is a thunderstorm.

• BongoDogOwner

October 1, 2011 at 1:42 pm

Thanks for visiting my blog Dawn. I think I could get along well with Maya and Sephi. I stopped by and saw your Frisbee video. It was fun. -Bongo

6. lolapup

October 4, 2011 at 8:38 am

I like to lay on the wood floor near the place where the cool air blows. It’s perfect.

• BongoDogOwner

October 4, 2011 at 11:22 am

Lola, that sounds like a really good place too.