Thirst Quencher

29 Sep

Bongo Drinking WaterI really like to drink water. Especially in the summer, I drink lots of it. My person says she is always having to fill up my water dish. I’m not quiet about my drinking. I’m not very neat either. When I drink water I lap it up fast and make as much noise as possible while I’m doing it. When I’m finished there is usually a good size puddle around my water dish.

Scratchy has his own water dish, but he likes mine better because it has fresher water in it. I guess he doesn’t mind putting up with a little dog slobber mixed in. He probably thinks it gives the water a little better flavor.

My favorite time to drink water is when my people are watching a movie. I usually get yelled at and told to stop, but I don’t until I’m good and ready. Usually the volume on the movie gets noticeably louder, but I can get louder too. Once I’m done though, the best thing to do is pick up a ball because I can get it really wet with all the water in my mouth, and drop it in someone’s lap. They don’t need to watch a movie.

Posted by on September 29, 2011 in Bongo, dogs, humor, pets

Tags: ,

9 responses to “Thirst Quencher

1. Marg

September 29, 2011 at 10:54 am

Hi there Bongo. Good to meet you and thanks for visiting our blog. Our doggie, Ande does the same thing in the water dish, makes a lot of noise and she spreads the water all over the kitchen. She doesn’t turn up the drinking volumn when Mom is watching a movie though. Hope all of you have a really fun day.

• BongoDogOwner

September 29, 2011 at 11:10 am

Hi Marg, thanks for stopping by. Ande sounds like a pretty cool dog. I’m really enjoying meeting and learning about other dogs through my blog. -Bongo

2. tbnranch

September 29, 2011 at 1:47 pm

Never forget who keeps that bowl full of fresh water! lol

• BongoDogOwner

September 29, 2011 at 4:17 pm

Oh no, I hope my people don’t read this. They might empty my bowl before they watch movies.

September 29, 2011 at 8:09 pm

My cats used to have one of those cool water bowls that makes bubbles and they STILL drank out of MY bowl. But the WORST part is they also wash their feet in it. Can you believe it????

September 30, 2011 at 1:07 am

Ah Bongo, you have described the joy of drinking water so well. I have to go – reading your post has made me thirsty! 🙂

• BongoDogOwner

September 30, 2011 at 10:27 am

Bassa, another good thing about drinking water is that after drinking it we have another excuse to go outside.

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )