Weed Eater

28 Sep

Bongo Eating WeedsWe had lots of rain this summer and it created some special treats for me out in the yard. My person calls them weeds. When my person let me outside I would start munching. Some of those weeds weren’t the best tasting, but I’ll eat anything – except olives. My person must not have liked me munching on weeds because sometimes she’d grab me by the collar and make me go back in the house.

Sometimes my stomach would get all grumbly and rumbly and I wouldn’t feel very good. My person said it was probably from all the weeds I ate. I’m not sure why. I eat lettuce and don’t have any problems. Isn’t that kind of like weeds?

I guess my person got tired of me eating those weeds because one day she went outside and pulled them all. She didn’t even save any for me. She threw all of them in the garbage. Do you believe it? What a waste of good weeds.

Posted by on September 28, 2011 in Bongo, dogs, humor, pets

Tags:

6 responses to “Weed Eater

September 28, 2011 at 10:45 am

Bongo, I like weeds too. They are good for us. My human always seems to get rid of ours just before I need to eat some to soothe my tummy. *sigh*

• BongoDogOwner

September 28, 2011 at 10:48 am

Rumpy, my person says that some of the Arizona weeds aren’t good for me. I guess she doesn’t trust me. I don’t eat the ones with the burrs on them.

2. lolapup

September 28, 2011 at 2:07 pm

I like to eat all kinds of green things. And sticks. And leaves. Such interesting flavors. My person always says she is going to pull the weeds and sometimes she does, but there are still lots out in the yard.

• BongoDogOwner

September 28, 2011 at 2:27 pm

Lola, my weeds are starting to grow back so I have more tasty treats out there.

September 29, 2011 at 9:47 am

We should start a campaign to Save the Weeds!

• BongoDogOwner

September 29, 2011 at 10:14 am

I agree Bassa. Yards are much more fun – and tasty – when they’re overgrown.

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )