Another Sign of Spring

03 Apr

Bongo and the Missing PuddleThere’s something missing here. I know it was here yesterday, so where is it? What happened to it?

My puddle is missing. Yeah, I know it has been getting smaller the last few days, but I didn’t think it would go away. It got all filled up after that big snow we just had. I didn’t think it would leave so fast.

Where did it go? Maybe it went where the snow creatures go when all the snow goes away. I wonder if that puddle could find them. They went away awhile ago.

Oh, no! I hope that puddle didn’t get lost. If it’s lost it might not ever find its way back here. I would be very sad if my puddle never came back. Maybe I should go looking for it.

Person, can we go looking for my puddle? But I don’t even know which direction to go. It left without a trace. I don’t see a drop of water anywhere.

What? I might have to wait until it rains again, person? But that won’t do me any good. Then there will be water everywhere and I still won’t know which direction to go to look for my puddle.

Posted by on April 3, 2012 in Bongo, dogs, humor

Tags: , ,

30 responses to “Another Sign of Spring

1. Bassetmomma

April 3, 2012 at 2:02 pm

Don’t worry there will be lots of puddles to come! Hopefully. 🙂

April 3, 2012 at 4:12 pm

Bassetmomma, I sure hope so because I miss my puddle.

April 3, 2012 at 2:38 pm

Puddles are tricky like that. I hope you find your puddle soon.

C

April 3, 2012 at 4:13 pm

Cupcake, I’m still looking for that puddle. I hope it comes back.

3. heyitsjethere

April 3, 2012 at 2:50 pm

Hey Bongo, Jet here. That happens here in the tropics, too! Mom says it goes doowwnn into the ground!

April 3, 2012 at 4:15 pm

Jet, my person says this puddle hangs around for a long time because it’s on rock and a little sand. But after awhile it finally goes away. I think those coyotes might have taken it.

4. Viciously Sweet

April 3, 2012 at 3:00 pm

Oh no! Maybe we’ll get some more puddles soon, Bongo!

April 3, 2012 at 4:16 pm

Viciously Sweet, I hope that puddle comes back soon. My person says there’s no rain in the forecast. I’m not sure what she means by that.

April 3, 2012 at 5:24 pm

We hope your puddle comes back soon….. IT probably needed a vacation….. could be in Florida or something…. 🙂

Your friends,
    the collies and chuck 🙂

April 3, 2012 at 6:00 pm

Collies and Chuck, I’ve never been to Florida but my person has. Maybe she could take me there to look for my puddle.

6. barb19

April 3, 2012 at 11:24 pm

I’m sure your puddle will be back soon Bongo!

April 3, 2012 at 11:36 pm

Barb, I hope so. I’ve been looking everywhere for it.

April 3, 2012 at 11:58 pm

Oh, Bongo, you can either wait… [you never know it may rain soon] OR get a bucket full of water and fill it up! [for that last one you may need some help from your person…] Or…even better, get your person to go out on one of those lovely trips near rivers. Fun for all!

April 4, 2012 at 11:37 am

Marina, I’ll go for the trip near a river – with a big swimming hole. Let’s go, person!

8. angelswhisper2011

April 4, 2012 at 12:11 am

Don’t worry, Bongo, the puddle will come back. It was raining this night in Holland, shall I send you some rain over there, so that your puddle will be back faster 😀

April 4, 2012 at 11:38 am

Angels Whisper, I might need you to send me some rain. My person says there’s no rain in our forecast for awhile.

April 4, 2012 at 6:39 am

Oh poor Bongo…I hope that your puddle comes back soon!!! *paws crossed*
    By the way Bongo, do you have the rainy season in your place? If you have, I’m sure that your puddle comes back during that period! We have it from June to early July. 🙂

April 4, 2012 at 11:40 am

Kevin, our rainy season is July and August and we get lots of thunderstorms then. I don’t like those at all. May and June are usually our driest months so I hope we get lots of rain this month so my puddle gets really filled up again.

10. yashikibuta

April 4, 2012 at 9:08 am

Hey Bongo! Here’s another Versatile Blogger award for you http://yashikibuta.wordpress.com/2012/04/04/versatile-blogger-award/

April 4, 2012 at 11:49 am

Thanks Yashikibuta. It’s always an honor when a fellow blogger passes on an award to me. And congratulations for receiving it yourself.

11. whatimeant2say

April 4, 2012 at 2:22 pm

Now your pictures are starting to look more like Texas!

April 4, 2012 at 4:42 pm

That’s true Wonderbutt’s person. I would be totally upset if Scratchy tried to eat my food.

April 4, 2012 at 4:43 pm

Wonderbutt’s person, you mean you have lots of empty puddles in Texas?

• whatimeant2say

April 4, 2012 at 4:52 pm

Yep. Empty puddles, empty rivers, empty lakes…

12. monicastangledweb

April 4, 2012 at 8:04 pm

Bongo, you’re so clever! I just adore your curiosity about life. 🙂

April 4, 2012 at 11:13 pm

Thanks Monica. I love to try to figure things out.

13. tylersat99

April 5, 2012 at 10:56 pm

I hope you get a puddle again soon, you had snow and weren’t expecting it. We don’t really get puddles around our house it’s the creek or nothing!

April 5, 2012 at 11:00 pm

Lexie and Mica, I wish I had a creek on my trails. I’m still looking for my puddle and my person says I might not find if for awhile.

April 9, 2012 at 8:12 am

The German: “Bongo – I think your puddle is on vacation visiting your fans. I went outside and there it was on the side of the house. Don’t worry. I was careful not to step in it. I read your post and ran out to bark at it to go home – but it was gone! Hope it’s headed back your way, but it may be visiting others? Maybe you can leash it when it comes home? (Big encouraging bark).”

April 9, 2012 at 1:12 pm

German, I’m so happy to hear that you found my puddle. It hasn’t come back yet, so I guess I’ll have to check with some of my other friends to see if anyone has seen it coming back this way.