Signs of Spring

02 Apr

Ant HillI just saw one of the first signs of spring. Yeah, I know. Flowers have been coming out. We already have little purple ones, white ones, and yellow ones blooming. Oh yeah, those orange-red Indian Paintbrush too. Some trees have already blossomed and others are starting to get leaves on them. But that’s not what I was thinking about.

The ants have shown up again. They’ve pushed the dirt out of their holes and they’re keeping busy looking for food. I guess they sleep all winter and work really, really hard the rest of the year.

I’m not sure if I’d like that. If I slept all winter I’d miss playing in the snow – and the mud. And then I’d have to work very hard the rest of the year to make up for it. No naps – just work, work, work.

And I bet none of those ants have a person who helps them write a blog. So even if they did have fun nobody would know about it. And just think – if they tried to play ball they would get squished under it.

I’m sure glad God made me a dog.

Monday Mischief Pet Blog Hop

Click here to find more mischievous pets.

This Blog Hop is brought to you by Alfie’s BlogSnoopy’s Dog BlogMy Brown Newfies and Luna, A Dog’s Life

Posted by on April 2, 2012 in Bongo, dogs, humor

Tags: , ,

32 responses to “Signs of Spring

1. heyitsjethere

April 2, 2012 at 10:33 am

Hey Bongo, Jet here. Yeah dude, the ants are back in force here, too. Small ones, black ones, red ones (ouchy), sugar ants, huge ones, YUCK…

April 2, 2012 at 4:15 pm

Jet, we have all kinds of ants here too. They’re just getting started here. I’m sure we’ll be seeing more of them soon.

2. Bassetmomma

April 2, 2012 at 10:35 am

I bet none of those ants get taken for walks either! LOL!

April 2, 2012 at 4:16 pm

Bassetmomma, sometimes those ants try to sneak their way on a walk – but when my person sees them she flicks them off.

3. Laurie Bartolo

April 2, 2012 at 10:41 am

I’m glad God made you a dog too, Bongo! 🙂

• Alexander Brenner

April 2, 2012 at 12:04 pm

I agree with Laurie, I am glad that God made you a Dog Bongo…..Dogs Rule…:-)

Penny

April 2, 2012 at 4:17 pm

Penny, I’m glad He made you a dog too. Being ants wouldn’t be much fun.

April 2, 2012 at 4:17 pm

Thanks Laurie. Being a dog is much better than being an ant.

4. Paws To Talk

April 2, 2012 at 12:16 pm

Hi Bongo,

We know that you have received this award before. However, we enjoy reading your blog everyday and would like to nominate you for another Versatile Blogger Award.

Talk to you soon.

Bella and DiDi

April 2, 2012 at 4:28 pm

Bella and DiDi, thanks so much. I’m honored that you think so much of me.

5. Teresa Silverthorn

April 2, 2012 at 4:38 pm

I used to love to watch ants – when I was a kid.

If you could sit still long enough, Bongo – you might enjoy watching them, too 🙂

April 2, 2012 at 6:32 pm

Teresa, I’m usually better at tromping through them and stirring them up.

April 2, 2012 at 7:25 pm

I admire those ants because they work really hard….hang on…. but they don’t work during winter, do they? Then maybe the working hour might be the same as ours???(Oops, I don’t work as I’m a dog!)
    We have lots of ants around our house in Spring and some of them come in our rooms without permissins!!! Too many ants make us feel scary sometimes! 🙂

April 2, 2012 at 7:55 pm

Kevin, my person had to do a search on the internet and find out what ants do in the winter and found out they hibernate. We usually get one or two ant invasions in the summer and my person has to put out ant bait to get rid of them. I agree. Ants are okay outside, but too many ants in the house can be scary.

April 3, 2012 at 12:14 am

As much as I’d like to think that ants have other types of fun, nothing can really compare to being you Bongo!!!!

April 3, 2012 at 12:05 pm

Thanks Marina. I’m sure I have lots more fun than ants.

8. angelswhisper2011

April 3, 2012 at 12:20 am

It’s beautiful outside, isn’t it, Bongo? Every year we’ve ants in the garden, so many, that they come through the stones into the house. The stones grind to powder and we’re also have to use ant bait. I’m always happy when they fly away after a while 🙂

April 3, 2012 at 12:07 pm

Angels Whisper, sometimes they invade the house here and get in my food, and Scratchy’s food. My person doesn’t like that and neither do we, so she puts out the ant bait and it usually gets rid of them.

9. dianeskitchentable

April 3, 2012 at 10:11 am

Hi Bongo, tell your person that I love you & your posts so much that I’ve passed along the Sunshine Award to you. Have her explain to you & pass it along to others who might enjoy a little Shine.

April 3, 2012 at 12:26 pm

Thanks so much Diane. I stopped by your blog to check it out. I’ve never received this award before. I’m honored.

10. For the Love of My Dogs

April 3, 2012 at 10:14 am

Oh man, ants are just the worst, Bongo!! We sure are glad God made you a dog, too 🙂

April 3, 2012 at 12:27 pm

Deanna, dogs rule. Guess I’ll just step on the ants when I walk by.

11. tylersat99

April 3, 2012 at 10:50 pm

We haven’t seen many ants yet Bongo and Mom doesn’t like them at all. They are always walking in the open doors and windows and getting in the house. We’re really glad god made us Dogs too, we get to have fun and Mom loves having us with her:-)

April 3, 2012 at 11:17 pm

Lexie and Mica, I guess one advantage of being dogs is that our people love having us around. If we were ants I don’t think they would like us.

12. Sunshine

April 5, 2012 at 5:32 pm

good He made dogs, sad he made mosquito, ticks and fleas!! just sayin

April 5, 2012 at 9:11 pm

Sunshine, some of those things are just annoying aren’t they? My person says God knew what He was doing though because the birds need something to eat.

• Sunshine

April 5, 2012 at 10:03 pm

Well, wish them birds would get to working on Chuckles, the farm dog. He’s got lots of them critters to feed the entire bird population!! (just kidding, they are currently being exterminated by Frontline!) 🙂

April 5, 2012 at 10:58 pm

Sunshine, maybe Chuckles should move to Arizona. We don’t have as much problem with critters here because it’s so dry.

13. creativeboys

April 21, 2012 at 5:20 am

Ants are found everywhere at every part of the year here, as there is no winter. So i guess the ants here work every single day without any stop at all! Great to know a dog like you! 😉

April 21, 2012 at 1:50 pm

Thanks Nizam. It’s great to know you too. Those poor ants at your house. They never get any rest.

• creativeboys

April 22, 2012 at 6:19 am

Yea they dont seem to be at all. 😉