What’s in the Bag?

07 Apr

Scratchy checking out a bagScratchy, what did you find? Is that what I think it is? Come on Scratchy, tell me what you’ve got.

Scratchy, if you don’t tell me I’m going to tell my our person that you’re getting into her bag.

Scratchy getting into the bag

There must be some really good stuff in there. What are those different colored things?

Oh, I know what those are. Scratchy, you’re going to get into real trouble if you don’t leave those alone.

You know what those are? They’re the eggs that belong to the Easter Bunny. I was looking everywhere for that bunny’s stash the other day and I couldn’t find it. How did you find it?

Scratchy, the Easter Bunny is supposed to hide those eggs for me us on Easter morning so we can have an egg hunt. If you don’t give those eggs back to that bunny how are we going to have an Easter egg hunt?

You’d better give those eggs to me Scratchy. I know where that bunny lives – well, sort of. I saw him on my trails.

Scratchy, are you listening to me? Come on, Scratchy. My person is taking me for a walk soon. I can find that bunny and give the eggs back.

Scratchy, stop guarding those eggs!

Scratchy guarding the eggs

Click here for more great pet blogs.

Click here for more great pet blogs.

Posted by on April 7, 2012 in Bongo, dogs, humor

Tags: , , , , , , ,

47 responses to “What’s in the Bag?

1. Bassetmomma

April 7, 2012 at 11:27 am

How nice of you to want to give those bunny eggs back. What is with Scratchy lately? He’s being a real bum! 🙂 Have a Happy Easter!

April 7, 2012 at 12:46 pm

Bassetmomma, it’s a full time job to keep Scratchy in line.

2. Jen

April 7, 2012 at 11:43 am

I guess those eggs should’ve been hidden better!

April 7, 2012 at 12:47 pm

Jen, I don’t know what that bunny was thinking – leaving those eggs out where Scratchy could find them like that.

3. Bobbie Rae

April 7, 2012 at 12:32 pm

and here I thought Dexter ate the Easter bunny :)http://youtu.be/vUsyY5R-MNI – have fun with your Easter egg hunt (that is, if Scratchy will give up the eggs!).

April 7, 2012 at 12:52 pm

Bobbie Rae, I think Dexter was mistaken. That was probably a pesky squirrel disguised as the Easter Bunny – hoping that Dexter would leave him alone. My person rescued the eggs after Scratchy rolled some of them across the room.

• Bobbie Rae

April 8, 2012 at 9:37 am

and again, you are correct, Bongo – in a subsequent video, Peppermint found out the “Easter bunny” Dexter “eatted” was a helper, not the real one! YESH for rescuing the eggs.

April 8, 2012 at 1:29 pm

Bobbie Rae, I’m so glad Dexter didn’t eat the real Easter Bunny. No one would ever get any more Easter eggs. Happy Easter to you.

4. Patricia

April 7, 2012 at 3:51 pm

Bongo, Teddy here. I would share the eggs with you. We could roll them around and bat them back and forth to each other. My Mama and I play ball like that everyday. She never plays as long as I want to though.

April 7, 2012 at 4:55 pm

Teddy, batting eggs sounds like fun. Almost like playing ball. But if there’s anything edible inside those eggs I might chomp into them and then they wouldn’t be very battable any more.

• Patricia

April 7, 2012 at 4:58 pm

Well, we would have to make sure they were empty eggs.

5. Hawk aka BrownDog

April 7, 2012 at 3:54 pm

Hi Y’all,

Just hopped by to catch up on your happenings and say hello! Have a great week and a happy Easter!

Y’all come by now,
    Hawk aka BrownDog

April 7, 2012 at 4:55 pm

Hi Hawk. Thanks for stopping by. Happy Easter to you too.

6. Jessica

April 7, 2012 at 5:10 pm

Hi Bongo! This is my first visit to your blog, and I think it’s awesome! Is it just you and Scratchy in the household, or do you have other four-legged buddies living with you? Who’s older, you or Scratchy? And is Scratchy always this naughty? 😉
    Can’t wait to read more of your blog! Happy Easter!

April 7, 2012 at 5:22 pm

Jessica, glad you stopped by. It’s mainly just me and Scratchy here. We do have a frog but he hangs out in the bathroom so Scratchy won’t get him. He doesn’t do much. Happy Easter to you too.

April 7, 2012 at 5:14 pm

Happy Easter Bongo!!!
    Scratchy is really up to it isnt she!

Your friends,
    the collies and chuck 🙂

April 7, 2012 at 5:23 pm

Collies and Chuck, you can’t let your eyes off Scratchy for a minute.

8. Mel

April 7, 2012 at 6:37 pm

Uh oh! Does this mean no Easter Eggs tomorrow??? Scratchy!!!!!

Stoping by on the blog hop. I hop you and Scratchy have a great Easter. 🙂

April 7, 2012 at 7:26 pm

Mel, I’m hoping the Easter Bunny still has some eggs left. Thanks for stopping by. I hope you have a great Easter too.

9. heyitsjethere

April 7, 2012 at 7:22 pm

Hey Bongo, Hey Scratchy, Jet here.

Scratchy, listen to my friend, Bongo, he’s trying to keep you off the Monday Mischief post!

April 7, 2012 at 7:25 pm

Thanks Jet. Maybe Scratchy will listen to you. Although I think he should probably be a regular on Monday Mischief.

• heyitsjethere

April 7, 2012 at 8:00 pm

Hey Bongo. Most welcome, sometimes family members listen to outsiders better… yeah, same with Puffy the Cat!

April 8, 2012 at 2:32 am

I’m wondering those coloful eggs have something in it? Maybe some cat or dog treats? That’s why Scratchy is so eager to sniff? 🙂 Happy Easter Bongo!!!

April 8, 2012 at 1:19 pm

Kevin, you think they have dog treats? I’d better find out what Scratchy did with all those eggs.

11. angelswhisper2011

April 8, 2012 at 4:48 am

Bongo, you’re the best dog ever. I’m sure -at least I hope- you’ll be having some eggs in time. Scratchy, looking after the eggs of the Easter Bunny, is very sweet of you, but don’t hold on too long, you know why 😉
    Happy Easter to you both 🙂

April 8, 2012 at 1:21 pm

Angels Whisper, my person says she took those eggs from Scratchy because they had stuff in them that we aren’t suppose to eat. People candy. I’m not sure what’s wrong with it. I like people candy.

12. Dianda

April 8, 2012 at 4:58 am

Now I know why I can’t find any eggs! Scratchy took them all!

April 8, 2012 at 1:21 pm

Dianda, I hope Scratchy isn’t spoiling Easter for everybody.

13. Geraldine

April 8, 2012 at 8:28 am

We love Scratchy! And bags can be the bestest!!!! 😉

Happy Easter Bongo and Scratchy.

April 8, 2012 at 1:23 pm

Geraldine and Chedster, it was really the bag that I liked – but then I found there were things in that bag that were fun to bat around. Happy Easter to you, too. -Scratchy

14. For the Love of My Dogs

April 8, 2012 at 9:04 am

LOL Scratchy is quite the finder of all things hidden! We bet you made sure not to get too close to those eggs so your person would know it was Scratchy causing all the mischief!!! Happy Easter, guys!

April 8, 2012 at 1:24 pm

Deanna, Happy Easter to all of you. I definitely made sure my person knew it was Scratchy. For once I wasn’t going to take the blame.

15. capacina

April 8, 2012 at 9:55 am

HAPPY easter

April 8, 2012 at 1:24 pm

Capacina, Happy Easter to you too.

16. Chancy, Mumsy and Crew

April 8, 2012 at 10:01 am

Sweet Scratchy seems to be having fun with those eggs sweet Bongo. Have you thought to look inside them to see if there are goodies in there? You all have a Happy Easter. Hugs and nose kisses

April 8, 2012 at 1:26 pm

Chancy and Mumsy, treats? Did you say treats? I’d better find out what happened to those eggs. Happy Easter to you too.

17. monicastangledweb

April 8, 2012 at 4:37 pm

Poor Bongo. I just know that you would always do the right thing if it wasn’t for Scratchy. Hopefully, your good behavior will one day rub off on your cat.

April 8, 2012 at 4:41 pm

Monica, I keep working on Scratchy. My person wouldn’t have a care in the world if Scratchy behaved as well as I do.

• monicastangledweb

April 8, 2012 at 4:49 pm

I know it! Bongo, you just keep setting a good example and one of these days Scratchy will come around. At least, let’s hope so.

April 9, 2012 at 12:28 am

What a disobedient cat! What can I say Bongo! I’m amazed with your patience!

April 9, 2012 at 12:58 pm

Marina, I really have to put up with a lot when it comes to Scratchy. It isn’t easy.

April 9, 2012 at 8:22 am

The German: “Bongo, RC Cat is always trying to get into bags. I believe it’s proof they are aliens from outer space who have gotten stranded here. Cats think if they can get into the bag, they will get transported back to their cat planet. I keep hoping.”

April 9, 2012 at 1:16 pm

German, I didn’t know that about cats. I’ll be sure to leave lots of bags around the house now. I would be Scratchy would be so happy to be transported back to his cat planet.

20. dianeskitchentable

April 9, 2012 at 9:16 am

Bongo, you can’t bring bags in my house either. Those cats just got to stick their teeny noses into them or climb in. One of these days I’m waiting for Holy Moses to climb in a trash bag on dump day!

April 9, 2012 at 1:18 pm

Diane, I don’t know what it is with cats and bags, but maybe Scratchy will climb into one on trash day too.

21. tylersat99

April 10, 2012 at 3:01 pm

It doesn’t look like Scratchy is going to share Bongo, but I think Mom might step in and make sure those eggs are safely removed from Scratchy. Then Easter will go on as planned and everyone will get to find eggs and have fun. Hope Easter was fantastic 🙂

April 10, 2012 at 4:09 pm

Lexie and Mica, my person took those eggs and said something about hiding them for a bunch of kids. I’m still looking for my eggs.