Smoke Screen

02 Jun

Bongo and a Smoky SkyA few days ago I told you about the smoky skies we had because of a fire burning a few miles away. Well, the smoke finally went away, the dogs and people got to go back to their houses, and even though the fire is not out completely they have it pretty much in control.

But today our sky was really smoky. It wasn’t just coming from one direction, it was everywhere. I don’t get it. If that fire is almost out, where is the smoke coming from?

My person got online and found out where that smoke originated (is that a word?). And do you believe it? New Mexico doesn’t want their smoke so they’re sending it to us. Talk about throwing your garbage into your neighbor’s yard.

If New Mexico wants to break records and have the biggest fire they’ve ever had in their history, then they need to take everything that goes with it. After all, we didn’t want to break any records. We’re putting our fires out, and we kept our smoke here.

I think I may have to get a new hat for my collection. I’m going to have to become Inventor Dog. I want to invent a giant net that will gather up all that smoke, or maybe a big screen will do it. I could call it a smoke screen.

And once I have all that smoke gathered up I’m going to put it on a big truck and haul it back to New Mexico.

Sedona in Smoke

Bongo Looking at the Smoke

Bongo Looking at the Smoke

Click here for more great pet blogs.

Click here for more great pet blogs.

Posted by on June 2, 2012 in Bongo, dogs, humor

Tags: , , , , , ,

44 responses to “Smoke Screen

1. dianeskitchentable

June 2, 2012 at 10:39 am

How about a giant fan Bongo? We had what looked like smoke all over the place here for a week – except ours was yellow & we call it pollen… makes me sneeze all over the place & sometimes Mom says yuck when I do it in her face, but it’s just a little wetness…Lola

June 2, 2012 at 11:06 am

Lola, a giant fan is a good idea. I could blow the smoke all the way back to New Mexico.

June 2, 2012 at 11:37 am

well I’ll Be blowed! I agree with you Bongo me lad, them thar New Mexicans should keep that thar fire and smokey joe to themselves

June 2, 2012 at 12:26 pm

Patreciau, I’m so glad you agree with me. I don’t know what those New Mexicans were thinking.

3. Alexander Brenner

June 2, 2012 at 12:12 pm

yeah…The nerve of New Mexico sending all that smoke into arizona.
    I Like the fan Idea and I especially like Your Smile Bongo…:-)
    Penny Woof Woof!

June 2, 2012 at 12:28 pm

Thanks Penny. I’ve got to get to work on that giant fan. Those New Mexicans can have all their smoke back.

June 2, 2012 at 12:59 pm

Cough! Cough! Woof! I don’t like smoke!

Cough-Cake

June 2, 2012 at 1:19 pm

Cupcake, I agree with you. Smoke is no fun. I’m sending it back.

5. Hawk (@browndogcbr)

June 2, 2012 at 1:16 pm

Hi Y’all,

My Human says she’s been where other areas have sent their smoke where she and Papa were and made lots of people sick, including her and Papa. My big sis, now over the rainbow, didn’t feel so hot either. 😦 Smoke isn’t nice.

How y’all doin’? Just hoppin’ by for a visit. Hope y’all are having a fantastic and fun weekend if you can escape the smoke!

Y’all come by now,
    Hawk aka BrownDog

June 2, 2012 at 1:20 pm

Hawk, it’s getting windy now so I’m hoping the wind blows all that smoke back where it came from.

June 2, 2012 at 1:34 pm

Some times we have the same problem here in the spring when farms in Mexico burn their fields. (Cough). Just spoils the outdoor fun. Stay cool Bongo

June 2, 2012 at 1:43 pm

Karen, I think the Border Patrol should stop that smoke from illegal immigration.

June 2, 2012 at 6:03 pm

Like your smile Bongo!!! Lots of smoke… Ginger says use it for a distraction so while the human is watching the smoke you can eat food from the bag or cookies off the table… 🙂

Your friends,
    the naughty collies and chuck 🙂

June 2, 2012 at 6:40 pm

Collies, you give me such good ideas. I’m going to have to think of all kinds of distractions so I can sneak more food.

8. Paws To Talk

June 2, 2012 at 7:44 pm

Bongo we love these pictures of you! Everyone should own their smoke but maybe New Mexico can’t help it? Just like Scratchy couldn’t help making that smell the other night. We know it was you Scratchy.

Bella and DiDi

June 2, 2012 at 8:26 pm

Hey Scratchy, did you hear what Bella and DiDi said? He’s not listening. I’m going to put the computer right in front of his face so he can’t ignore it.

9. monicastangledweb

June 2, 2012 at 8:30 pm

I hope you solve the smoke problem with your net. Then, I want you to bring it here and solve California’s, too. I would really appreciate that, Bongo.

June 2, 2012 at 8:55 pm

Monica, if my net works I’ll send it to you when I’m through with it.

June 2, 2012 at 11:11 pm

Hmmm….hey New Mexico, it’s not polite to send your own smake to the other places…you have to look after your own things. Although I don’t know where New Mexico is in US, your place, Sedona, is close to it, Bongo? I always enjoy those gorgeous photos of Sedona on your blog, so now I miss the blue sky photos…. 😦 hopefully the smoke will go away soon!!!

June 3, 2012 at 12:48 pm

Kevin, Sedona is in Arizona and New Mexico is the state to the east of us. Still pretty far for smoke to travel as Sedona is near the center of Arizona and it’s a good sized state. I hope I get some kind of smoke catcher working soon so I can send all that smoke back to them.

11. tylersat99

June 2, 2012 at 11:37 pm

Bongo, I just saw that on TV tonight. I don’t know how long it’s been burning but they didn’t have very much under control. I didn’t know it was coming up to you. You need a big fan or a strong wind blowing it back down. You don’t need it making it hard to breathe and ruining your trail walks 😦

June 3, 2012 at 12:53 pm

Lexie and Mica, my person read that a lot of the fire is in hard to get to places. The smoke isn’t quite so bad today, but the sky still looks more gray than blue. I’m working on that big fan to send all the smoke back.

12. angelswhisper2011

June 3, 2012 at 1:33 am

You’re so right, Bongo, give the smoke back to whom it belongs. You go, Bongo! 😀

June 3, 2012 at 12:53 pm

Angels Whisper, I’m working on it, but it’s really hard to gather all that smoke up.

June 3, 2012 at 10:57 am

Does smoke not scare you Bongo? It does me.

June 3, 2012 at 12:56 pm

Rumpy, this smoke just makes everything look hazy, so it’s not scary. If there was thick smoke from a nearby fire that might be different. I’ve never been around smoke like that.

14. Patricia

June 3, 2012 at 4:29 pm

I didn’t know one state could send their smoke to another. But the state I live in gets nuclear waste from other states so I guess I shouldn’t be surprised about smoke.

June 3, 2012 at 6:58 pm

Patricia, California sometimes sends their smoke to us too – but I guess I shouldn’t complain about it any more. It’s not nearly as bad as nuclear waste.

June 4, 2012 at 1:10 am

I’m so glad the fire is under control. What a great idea, Bongo! …and why not use an inverter / converter [whatever!] to convert the smoke to clean fresh air and keep it all for yourself!

June 4, 2012 at 2:18 pm

Marina, that’s a great idea. I’ll work on inventing one of those right now. Everybody that used my invention would have clean air.

16. heyitsjethere

June 4, 2012 at 3:09 am

Hey Bongo, Jet here.

Dude, you know Scooby Doo Academy has an Inventions class with a Patent workshop attached. I support your efforts!

In all seriousness, Mom asked me to share with your person that she’s grateful the families can go back to their homes… Let’s hope for quick containment in N. Mexico!

June 4, 2012 at 2:27 pm

Hey Jet, I’m registering for that inventions class. When’s the next one start?

My person just got online to check on that New Mexico fire. It’s still going, with 18% containment, but they were able to lift the evacuation of a small town today as they’ve gotten containment fields around it. It’s a very big fire.

• heyitsjethere

June 4, 2012 at 6:35 pm

Hey Bongo, Jet here.
        Mom’s a big NPR radio fan and they talked about the fire this morning. Must be so, so, scary… we get them here because this place called the Everglades goes on fire a lot when the streaky lights hit… because the humans build their houses closer than they are supposed to, the fires do this thingie called encroach on developments…

June 4, 2012 at 7:48 pm

Hey Jet, I’m really glad that fire isn’t closer to us. It would be really scary. My person says she’s been to the Everglades and didn’t think about fires because of all the water. I guess houses can burn anywhere. She says a few cabins have burned in the New Mexico fire, but most of it is burning away from people and buildings. They’re watching some endangered wolves though to make sure they get out with their pups. Those pups could come and play at my house, but I guess it’s kind of far away for them.

• heyitsjethere

June 5, 2012 at 4:54 am

Dude, you’re so generous to invite the wolves and their pups to your house…

Mom asked me to share that it may seem odd for the Everglades to burn, but they have really, really bad fires… mostly from streaky lights.

June 5, 2012 at 11:26 am

Hey Jet, my person says she remembers lots of streaky lights when she was in Florida. She says those streaky lights are what started that big fire in New Mexico. Most of the streaky lights we get in Arizona come in July and August. I don’t like July and August.

17. Dianda

June 4, 2012 at 8:03 am

Beautiful photo’s as always!

June 4, 2012 at 2:29 pm

Thanks Dianda.

18. Bassetmomma

June 4, 2012 at 10:14 am

Maybe they’re sending smoke signals! LOL!

June 4, 2012 at 2:29 pm

Bassetmomma, maybe those smoke signals are asking for help. I might have to put together a dog brigade to go help them put out that fire.

19. Indianapolis dog trainer

June 4, 2012 at 2:06 pm

You let me know if you need help with all that smoke! lol

June 4, 2012 at 3:01 pm

Indianapolis Dog Trainer, I could use all the help I can get. There’s a lot of smoke.

20. bumpyroadtobubba

June 4, 2012 at 8:33 pm

We love the Bongo Looking Back photo – you look SOOOO happy. What a gorgeous smile!

June 4, 2012 at 9:14 pm

Thanks Bumpy Road. I’m always happy when I get to go on my trails – even if it is smoky.