Sibling Rivalry

28 Oct
English: Miriam and Aaron complain against Mos...

English: Miriam and Aaron complain against Moses, engraving from “The Bible and Its Story Taught by One Thousand Picture Lessons, vol. 2”, edited by Charles F. Horne and Julius A. Bewer, published by Francis R. Niglutsch, New York, 1908. (Photo credit: Wikipedia)

I thought Moses and his brother and sister were all grown up. You mean grownups make fun of each other too?

Okay, I’ll listen to the story.

Moses’ sister Miriam and his brother Aaron talked bad about Moses because he had married a Cushite woman.

Were they jealous of her? I bet they were.

I’m listening. Really.

God heard Miriam and Aaron talk bad about Moses and He said to them, “Come out to the Tent of Meeting, all three of you.”

Oh, oh. They’re in trouble now.

The Lord came down in a pillar of cloud and said to Aaron and Miriam that normally He reveals Himself to a prophet in visions and dreams. But Moses is faithful and He speaks to him face to face and clearly, rather than in riddles.

Oh. That wife thing was just an excuse, wasn’t it? I’d be jealous if God talked more to my brother too.

Then God asked Miriam and Aaron why they weren’t afraid to speak against His faithful servant Moses.

Oops. I guess they were told.

Yes, I’m still listening.

The Lord was mad at Miriam and Aaron and when He left the Tent Miriam was leprous. Aaron felt bad and asked Moses not to hold their sin against them.

So Moses cried out to the Lord and asked Him to heal Miriam.

I guess the Lord wanted to teach Miriam a lesson first because He told Moses to put her in time out outside the camp for seven days and then she could be brought back.

That’s a long time out.

So all the people stayed where they were while Miriam was in time out, and then they went to the Desert of Paran.

What do you mean, what lesson did I learn from that?

Well, those Israelites were all kind of in time out since they had to stay where they were while Miriam was in time out. So I guess if you want to get everyone in trouble with you, just talk bad about your brother.

Hey person, have you seen what Scratchy’s doing? He’s up to no good for sure.

Posted by on October 28, 2012 in Bongo, Dogology, humor

Tags: , , , , , , , , ,

12 responses to “Sibling Rivalry

October 28, 2012 at 11:27 am

Some things never change, do they? Humans always seem to be jealous of others.

October 28, 2012 at 9:27 pm

Rumpy, I’m not sure what it is about humans. I never get jealous. Well, except when Scratchy is getting too much attention – but that’s different.

October 28, 2012 at 11:30 am

…what a quick learner you are Bongo!!!!!
    🙂

October 28, 2012 at 9:29 pm

Thanks Marina. My person pointed out to me though, that I would get in trouble along with Scratchy. Oops.

3. Misty Shores Chesapeakes

October 28, 2012 at 6:30 pm

A good lesson!!

October 28, 2012 at 9:32 pm

Thanks Misty Shores. I’m still working on getting Scratchy into time out though. So far it hasn’t worked.

4. snoopys@snoopysdogblog

October 29, 2012 at 6:51 am

Tee Hee Bongo,

Are you trying to get Scratchy into time out?

Wags to all,

Your pal Snoopy 🙂

October 29, 2012 at 9:30 pm

Hey Snoopy – whatever it takes, but my Monday Mischief was really awesome because my younger person did it and I got to enjoy it.

October 29, 2012 at 7:07 am

OMD…poor Miriam….but we shouldn’t talk bad about the other people….even if he/she is your sister or brother….*mumbling* I never say bad about Shiro(my cat brofur) and Chibi(my new cat brofur.)……*still mumbling*

October 29, 2012 at 9:31 pm

Kevin, I think we’re okay if we mumble quietly enough so God doesn’t hear. What!? He hears everything? I’m in trouble now.

October 31, 2012 at 3:26 pm

Great story isnt it? The collies all were thinking.. oh oh when God wants to talk to you you are in for it! Ginger thinks we should put all cats in time out and lock the door and forget about them!

October 31, 2012 at 9:52 pm

Ginger, I’m definitely with you on the cat thing. Besides that, we could eat all their food then. But I sure hope God doesn’t want to talk to us about it.