Cows, Goats, and Barns

30 Nov

Van painted like a cowI’ve seen a few strange things on my trails lately, but now the parking lot to my trails is getting stranger and stranger.

What’s this in my parking lot? I think the car is really confused. Is it trying to be a cow or something? This car might need to go into counseling.

Side of van with a farm painting

This car does have a split personality. Only part of it is a cow.

But who’s that inside? A goat? I’ve never seen a goat on my trails before.

And that barn thing. There aren’t any barns near my trails? Well, there weren’t any barns here.

Hey, I think there’s someone inside this vehicle. Besides the goat, that is.

Bongo looking in the open car door

Is anyone in there? I’m looking for a barn. I’ve never seen a barn before. Is it in there?

Bongo getting loves in front of the Gentle Barn van

I didn’t find a barn but I got loves. And that’s even better.

Then I learned all about the Gentle Barn and why that car looks like it’s so mixed up.

The Gentle Barn is where all kinds of rescue animals go to be taken care of. And then kids who kind of need rescuing too get to go love on those animals, and the animals love on them.

If my forever home and my trails weren’t such great places I think that Gentle Barn would be an awesome place to be. Check out their website www.gentlebarn.org. That place is really cool.

But I wish they would have brought that barn to my trails. It would have been great fun to play with cows and turkeys and llamas.

What? Llamas spit?

Well, never mind then. Maybe they have some sheep.

Posted by on November 30, 2012 in Bongo, dogs, humor

Tags: , , , , , ,

34 responses to “Cows, Goats, and Barns

1. Will and Eko

November 30, 2012 at 11:45 am

Awesome car for what sounds like an awesome place!

November 30, 2012 at 12:19 pm

Will and Eko, I wish I could visit that barn place, but my person says it’s too far away from where we live.

November 30, 2012 at 12:00 pm

You make such great acquaintances Bongo!
    I’m so glad there are persons who care for the homeless animals.
    Maybe YOU could go and visit them one day.
    🙂

November 30, 2012 at 12:20 pm

Marina, I really wish I could go visit that barn place, but my person says it’s too far away and I wouldn’t like the long ride in the car. But it’s really cool that those people do what they do.

3. dianeskitchentable

November 30, 2012 at 2:04 pm

That is a very cool car Bongo but is that a painting or a real goat in there? I had a real goat in the back seat of my car one time – they don’t travel very well. Yes, llamas do spit if you look at them the wrong way – other than that, they’re fine & keep the coyotes away. We have lots of llamas around here.

November 30, 2012 at 3:09 pm

Diane, if llamas keep the coyotes away maybe I should get one. I promise I won’t look at it the wrong way. The goat in that car is a painting, but it sure looks real. I can’t imagine actually trying to ride with one. My person says I’m bad enough in the car.

• dianeskitchentable

November 30, 2012 at 3:56 pm

Boy they had me fooled – very good fake goat. My little soccer team won a contest years ago for keeping kids from smoking. So they came up w/the theme of “Butts out” with a goat. The team won & they wanted a photo-op at the soccer field so I had to pick up the goat at one of my player’s whose family owns a farm to get the goat for the photo. He wasn’t crazy about the back seat of the old Saturn & wasn’t too bad until the kid who was supposed to be holding him let him lose. We chased that goat all over town!
        I learned about the llamas keeping coyotes away at a petting zoo near us. They explained that the coyotes can’t figure out what those weird creatures are & so the llamas protect their other animals. Good reason to get a llama.

November 30, 2012 at 8:01 pm

Diane, my person used to have a Saturn too – but she never had a goat in it. I’m going for the llama, but I think I’ll let the goat keep running.

November 30, 2012 at 2:19 pm

I think I might be afraid of goats.

November 30, 2012 at 3:10 pm

Cupcake, I’ve never met a goat for real – that one in the car wasn’t real. But I think I might like to butt heads with one sometime.

5. heyitsjethere

November 30, 2012 at 3:55 pm

Hey Bongo, Jet here.

Dude, love that concept, a gentle barn… I’m with you, if we didn’t have our fabulous forever homes, that would be ok with me, too!

November 30, 2012 at 7:59 pm

Hey Jet, I guess we’re both pretty lucky though to have such great forever homes.

November 30, 2012 at 7:25 pm

This car is really moooooving. Thanks for getting some pix of it – and fro introducing us to them.

November 30, 2012 at 8:08 pm

Karen, my person couldn’t resist getting pics of that car when we first saw it. She didn’t know then that we’d get a chance to meet the people too.

7. goldenwoofs

December 1, 2012 at 12:04 am

Woof! Woof! COOL Car Decor and LOVE the name Gentle Barn. Lots of Golden Woofs, Sugar

December 1, 2012 at 12:45 pm

Hey Sugar, that car was awesome. You know what else is cool – we’re book neighbors now – we’re in the same book.

8. tylersat99

December 1, 2012 at 12:31 am

We were surprised to see the cow car there too, Bongo. Where you walk would be a very strange place for a barn. But I think the GentleBarn is a fantastic idea. I have never heard of them before but it sounds like they do great things. I’m glad you got some love 🙂
    “Mom”

December 1, 2012 at 12:47 pm

Mom, it was great getting loves. My person and I have never heard of GentleBarn before either. We’ve heard of places with rescue horses that help kids, but this is so awesome since they take all kinds of domestic animals.

9. angelswhisper2011

December 1, 2012 at 2:05 am

Bongo, I thought it was a driving farm in the first place and you’re the farmer’s dog… but now I see you’ve got yourself a cowgirl, getting much loves, heeehaaa 😀

December 1, 2012 at 12:49 pm

Angel’s Whisper, being a farmer’s dog would be great fun. I could run and chase sheep and cows all day long – but getting loves was good too.

10. themisadventuresofmisaki

December 1, 2012 at 6:09 am

Did you get to go for a spin??

December 1, 2012 at 12:50 pm

Misaki, I didn’t get to go in the van – but getting loves was pretty good.

11. Nanny McFur

December 1, 2012 at 7:22 am

Sounds like a great organization. Love the car.

December 1, 2012 at 12:53 pm

Nanny McFur, that car really had a cool paint job on it. I wish the Gentle Barn was closer so I could visit it. Thanks for stopping by and commenting.

12. Laura Bruner

December 1, 2012 at 9:34 am

Bongo, that looks like an awesome place! I love when animals and children help each other through love and fun! P.S. Llamas give me the jeebies, too!

December 1, 2012 at 12:54 pm

Laura, my person says she likes alpacas better. They’re kind of like llamas but littler. But I don’t think they have any alpacas at that place. Thanks for stopping by and commenting.

13. Gizmo

December 1, 2012 at 9:56 am

What a fun car! My Mom sez she read about you in da Mischief book but not letting me in on the tips yet *snoogles*

December 1, 2012 at 12:57 pm

Gizmo, sneak that book away from your mom. You’ll learn all kinds of new mischief tricks from it. If you get caught with the book there are a lot of mischief rules you can use so you don’t get in trouble.

14. Chancy and Mumsy (Mag)

December 1, 2012 at 11:20 am

Sweet Bongo you sure do find interesting things when you are out and about. We hopped over to see the Gentle Barn website…that is a great place and they are doing a wonderful work by helping animals and people. That is a pretty amazing car…it sure does get one’s attention, huh? Hugs and nose kisses

December 1, 2012 at 1:11 pm

Chancy and Mumsy, my person was taking pictures of that car before we even met the people. It is a pretty cool car. And what they’re doing is pretty awesome too. Hugs and nose kisses back to you.

December 2, 2012 at 1:41 am

Gentle Barn is great to help both animals and kids! Besides, the car looks so interesting to let people know their name! Awwww….you are very lucky to get loves from the beautiful girl, Bongo! 🙂

December 2, 2012 at 1:08 pm

Kevin, it’s always fun getting loves. And that car really is cool looking and a great way to advertise for what they do.

16. Oskar

December 2, 2012 at 10:29 am

Good call on avoiding the spitting llamas!

Nubbin wiggles,
    Oskar

December 2, 2012 at 1:11 pm

Oskar, I got spit on by another dog once who was being overly friendly. I sure don’t want any llamas spitting on me.