No Self-Respecting Dog

04 Feb

Bongo sniffing something in the dirtA couple days ago strange things were happening on my trails. Squishy mud stayed around after the sun should have chased it all away. I picked up a lot of clues but I wasn’t able to get to the bottom of the investigation.

So I headed back out to look for more clues. And while I was investigating I found evidence of something else.

Somebody had dropped something right in the middle of my trail. No self-respecting dog would do this, and it’s a good thing you can’t see it very well in the picture because it’s not a pretty sight.

It’s full of juniper berries! Who would eat juniper berries? We get these things all over my yard and they don’t even smell good.

Juniper berries on the tree

Fortunately there was another clue to help me out. The smell.

I always suspected, but now I know for sure. Coyotes are not self-respecting dogs. If I ever find the coyote who did this, I’m going to give him what for for sure.

I might have to post a guard out on my trails to make sure those coyotes don’t mess them up again.

But there’s one more thing I’ve got to check first.

I’ve got to make sure they’re not drinking any water out of my puddles.

Bongo sniffing the water in a puddle

Nope, it’s all here. And it better stay here too.

Monday Mischief Pet Blog Hop

Click here to find more mischievous pets.

Posted by on February 4, 2013 in Bongo, dogs, humor

Tags: , , , , ,

27 responses to “No Self-Respecting Dog

February 4, 2013 at 11:51 am

Coyotes, huh?!
    You are such a genius!!!
    At least they stayed out of your puddle!!!
    🙂

February 4, 2013 at 1:32 pm

Marina, those coyotes are always sneaking onto my trails when nobody’s looking. This time I got the evidence though.

2. Long Life Cats and Dogs

February 4, 2013 at 12:07 pm

Juniper berries – don’t think I know them. Careful of the coyotes Bongo. You don’t want to be getting into a ruffle with them.

February 4, 2013 at 1:34 pm

Susan, our driveway was full of juniper berries last year. They’re like little marbles. You have to be careful when you walk. As for those coyotes, I really want to give them what for but my person says that a bunch of them will gang up on a dog. I bet I could take them all.

3. Two French Bulldogs

February 4, 2013 at 2:00 pm

We heard mud baths are good
    Snorts,
    Benny & Lily

February 4, 2013 at 3:14 pm

Benny & Lily, maybe I should give a coyote a mud bath. That would teach him.

February 4, 2013 at 2:30 pm

Coyotes?!!! Steer clear of them, B. I’m pretty sure they’re not friendly.

February 4, 2013 at 3:16 pm

Cupcake, my person keeps telling me that too. I’d still like to give them what for.

February 4, 2013 at 3:24 pm

Coyotes! They are the sneaky ones – but can’t hide from Detective Bongo!

February 4, 2013 at 3:51 pm

Karen, I’m after those coyotes! I’m going to give them what for when I find them.

6. dianeskitchentable

February 4, 2013 at 4:02 pm

Oh those coyotes are bad guys bongo. As for juniper berries, all I can say is OUCH! When I rest under our juniper bushes all those little berries get caught in my tail & when Diane tries to pull & brush them out it really really hurts Bongo! I want her to just leave them there – they kinda look like decorations.

February 4, 2013 at 5:38 pm

Lola, maybe the coyotes turned into bad guys because they ate the juniper berries. I think our berries might be bigger than yours. They come off of juniper trees and are almost the size of a small marble – and just as hazardous. I bet you look pretty with berries in your tail.

7. kirbysdawgblog

February 4, 2013 at 5:29 pm

drinking form the water hole, who would have thought Bongo would be the one XD. p.s- I am doing a ancient dog event where you can enter your dog and if he gets picked by random.org he gets a whole post dedicated to him on my blog. Look at my post for more info. You should enter Bongo

February 4, 2013 at 5:45 pm

Kirby, I stopped by your blog and voted. The ancient dog event sounds like it will be fun.

• kirbysdawgblog

February 4, 2013 at 5:47 pm

remember to let me know what type of dog Bongo is if you want him entered for next week!

February 4, 2013 at 6:14 pm

Kirby, I went back and put in my entry.

8. snoopys@snoopysdogblog

February 4, 2013 at 8:45 pm

Hey Bongo,

I think you’re a great Ranger to keep those mischievous coyotes in check buddy!!

Wags to all

Your pal Snoopy 🙂

February 4, 2013 at 10:30 pm

Thanks Snoopy. It takes a lot of patrolling to keep those coyotes in line.

9. angelswhisper2011

February 5, 2013 at 1:48 am

Bongo, give the coyotes some of the juniper berries and they’ll have a party, far away from your puddle 🙂

February 5, 2013 at 11:16 am

Angels Whisper, maybe I can find something that will shoot those juniper berries as far away as possible.

February 5, 2013 at 7:38 am

That juniper berries are very interesting! It looks like cottons on the picture….
    Oh no! Coyotes! I know they look cute sometimes but they are vicious, aren’t they? Please be careful when you give them what for, Bongo!

February 5, 2013 at 11:20 am

Kevin, those juniper berries in the picture are kind of faded. They’re usually a little more blue. And there’s a couple trees we’ve found on my trails that have pink berries, but most are blue. My person and I always disagree when I want to give those coyotes what for. She says they’re mean too, but I think that’s all the more reason I should give them what for.

11. Bassa's Blog

February 5, 2013 at 11:24 pm

If you can smell the coyotes does that mean they can smell you Bongo? 🙂

February 5, 2013 at 11:28 pm

Bassa, I hope they can smell me and are very afraid.

February 6, 2013 at 5:17 pm

Such a beautiful place you live at! I say you cover up their smells with yours.. that will show them!
    With glee,
    Ginger 🙂

February 6, 2013 at 5:47 pm

Ginger, I would do that but I am a self-respecting dog and wouldn’t think of doing anything in the middle of the trail. (My person yanks me off the trail if I try.)