Finally! I’m out of the dog hotel, and now all I want to do is sleep. I’ve got to take a vacation from my vacation.
I’m so tired I don’t know if I’m going to have any adventures this week. I saw my girlfriend Lucy on my trails today and I didn’t even have the energy to play with her. And then she walked right past me and hardly gave me the time of day. I felt so rejected.
But my person woke me up long enough to remind me that I’ve been tagged and given awards and I need to catch up on those. That takes less energy than having adventures, so here goes.
I was tagged in the Haphazard Hop by one of my person’s friends who has a blog called Stealing Faith. She has a great sense of humor, so stop by and see what she has to say.
The rules are simple – If you’re the reader you must click on through and see the Haphazard answers of the tagged bloggers – after all, it’s likely if you like my blog you’ll like the blogs of these new friends! If you’re the tagged blogger, your instructions are below!
Here are your Haphazard Questions!
1. Do you sleep with your closet doors open or closed? I like them open because if there’s a thunder storm I can get in the closet without breaking down the door first.
2. What would you call yourself if you could choose your own name? Big Dog of the house.
3. What’s the worst/most embarrassing CD/album you’ve ever owned and do you still have it? Who Let the Dogs Out? Those dogs should have been sneakier so nobody knew they were out. I didn’t really own it but I think my younger person did.
4. As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up? I wanted to be a Big Dog that could run free without getting lost. I got the run free part, but not the no getting lost part. That’s why I was in dog jail when my people gave me my forever home.
5. When was the last time you cried from laughter, and why? I have trouble with that crying thing – and that laughing thing – so I hope I can make people do that sometimes when they read my blog.
6. Do you like to use Post-It© notes? My person has them all over the counter when she’s figuring out what pictures to add to my blog posts.
7. Do you practice your smile for pictures? I’m a natural. No need to practice.
8. Do you sleep with your sheets out or tucked in? Am I supposed to have sheets on my bed? I think I’m missing out on something here.
9. What is the most bizarre item of food you’ve ever eaten? A shoe. I didn’t really eat a real shoe. It was a dog treat shaped like a shoe.
10. Do you chew on your pen/pencil? Pens and pencils are too short. Sticks are good to chew on though.
11. What’s your least favorite movie? Any movie where the dog behaves better than I do. Then my people expect the same out of me.
12. Where would you bury a hidden treasure if you had it? In my backyard, of course.
13. When was the last time you wrote a letter to someone on paper? I would do it all the time but my person won’t let me get into her paints.
14. What was the first concert you attended? For some reason my person will never let me go, but I hear the coyotes howling in concert all the time.
15. Have you ever won a spelling bee? I can spell bee. Oh wait, maybe it’s spelled be. Now I’m confused.
16. Do you hold your nose when you jump into a swimming pool? No way. How am I going to fetch the stick if I’m holding my nose?
17. Are you patient? When am I going to be done answering all these questions?
18. What is the type and model of the first phone you ever had? I’m not allowed to chew up phones.
19. Favorite celebrity? That would have to be Marley. He’s my mentor for mischief.
20. Who is your favorite American president? Why? Whichever one had the best dogs in the White House.
21. What would you do with a $1 million lottery winning? I’d buy lots of treats and then I’d use the rest to help homeless dogs in shelters.
22. Do you believe in ghosts? I definitely believe in Ghost Dog. I see him on my trails sometimes.
23. Is it easier to forgive or forget? I’m always forgiving my people, but if someone isn’t nice to me I’m afraid they might be mean again so I don’t forget. Oh I forgot – everyone’s nice to me.
24. Education or wealth – which is better to have? If I was wealthy I could get lots of treats and loves. But I might need some more Detective Dog education. I still have some mysteries I haven’t solved.
25. One thing most people don’t know about you. I’m an open book. You know everything about me. Well, except maybe for the closet door I messed up in the last thunderstorm. Or did Scratchy do that?
Next Up On the Haphazard Hop:
- Angels Whisper (and Little Binky)
- Bumpy Road to Bubba
- Diane’s Kitchen Table (and Lola)
- YOU! Answer the questions on your blog, tell us about it in the comments, and link back to this blog!
Tagged bloggers, here’s the deal: Answer the questions with a blog post published within a week – don’t over think the answers, write the first thing that comes to mind; link back to the blog that nominated you for the Haphazard Hop; and nominate at least three more bloggers for the Haphazard Hop.
Hey, this was kind of fun.
Two French Bulldogs
March 19, 2013 at 11:15 am
Congratulations on your award and welcome back. You must be so tired
Benny & Lily
March 19, 2013 at 1:59 pm
Thanks Benny & Lily. I am really tired right now. All I want to do is sleep.
March 19, 2013 at 11:48 am
Of course you’re a natural, Bongo!!!!
Very clever answers, you deserve a nice long cozy nap now!!!!
March 19, 2013 at 2:01 pm
Thanks Marina. I’ll try to wake up so I can post something tomorrow but sleeping sure does feel good right now.
March 19, 2013 at 2:04 pm
Your answers are fun! I hope you get plenty of rest, Bongo. Easter is on its way!
March 19, 2013 at 2:11 pm
Flea Byte, I hope I get some Easter eggs with dog treats in them.
March 19, 2013 at 6:42 pm
Sleeping is good, B. When I work at the Veteran’s Home, sometimes I sleep in the car, on the way home.
Love and licks,
March 19, 2013 at 7:08 pm
Cupcake, sleeping is one of my favorite things, but I do even more of it after I’ve been to the dog hotel.
March 20, 2013 at 1:33 am
Bongo, after all that Haphazardly tagged questions, there’s no question about it that you have to sleep a little longer. I’m exausted too after reading, but before I want to thank you for the Haphazardly tagging me game. Hey, Pal, did you really messed up that closet door.. was it before or after the song 😀
March 20, 2013 at 11:40 am
Angels Whisper, they should have let me out that time. Then maybe I could have escaped from that thunder instead of messing up the door so I could hide in the closet. I’m going back to sleep now.
March 20, 2013 at 7:10 am
I agree with you Bongo! Your blog always makes mom and me laugh and smile when we read your blog!!! We love your blog! 🙂
March 20, 2013 at 11:43 am
Thanks Kevin. I love reading your comments. You’re a great blog friend.
March 20, 2013 at 9:25 am
You should ask your person to let you listen to Mozart or Bach.
Aww, I see you got really totally exhausted in the dog hotel: you haven’t reached even your doggy bed but fell asleep on the floor!
March 20, 2013 at 11:46 am
Kolytyi, my dog bed is way too far away. I’m still sleeping on the carpet. My person says she likes Mozart and Bach, but they didn’t write any music about dogs.
March 21, 2013 at 10:42 am
This is not about dogs, either, but you might find it interesting (it’s about adventures in snow!): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wtHYeeA8q0&list=FLt-YqJ5j2EpP4sAe_0gUIvQ&index=33
March 21, 2013 at 1:11 pm
Kolytyi, I could have great fun running along with those horses in the snow.
Long Life Cats and Dogs
March 20, 2013 at 9:59 am
Such hilarious answers Bongo 😀 Best get stealing sheets, now that you know you are supposed to have some.
March 20, 2013 at 11:47 am
Susan, next time I mess up my person’s bed when she’s not here I’ll have to take the sheets off and put them on my bed.
March 20, 2013 at 10:36 am
LOL…bongo you are so funny!
March 20, 2013 at 11:52 am
Thanks. I do my best.
March 20, 2013 at 5:52 pm
Congratulations on you awards!!!! Loved your answers but I Ginger think that scratchy did that to the closet door!!!
March 20, 2013 at 7:02 pm
Ginger, it was definitely Scratchy – but I keep getting blamed for it. I don’t know why.
March 21, 2013 at 12:00 am
Thanks for playing the Haphazard Hop with us. 🙂 I particularly appreciate your song choice, “Who Let the Dogs Out?”!
March 21, 2013 at 12:58 pm
The Haphazard Hop was great fun.
March 27, 2013 at 3:46 pm
Angel’s Whisper sent me by to visit today…Loved your answers 🙂
March 27, 2013 at 3:58 pm
Thanks Gizmo. And thanks for stopping by. It’s been a long time since we’ve hung out together.