Life After Dark

22 Mar

Bongo and the Messed Up BedMy person was acting really strange last night.

She left the house long after it was dark.

Sometimes she doesn’t come home until it’s dark, but she hardly ever leaves after it’s dark.

Come on person, I’ve got your bed all messed up made for you. Where are you going? It’s almost bedtime.

Finally, I heard my person’s car coming into the driveway. But I couldn’t believe what I heard after that.

I heard voices out there in the yard. And it wasn’t just my person talking to herself. There were other voices. Cute girl voices.

And then they came in the house.

My person brought me some new friends – and they gave me loves! Woo woo!

Bongo waiting for a toy to be tossed

Bongo and two girls looking up

I had a great time playing with my new friends.

Bongo kissing a cute girl

I even gave them kisses.

I think they wanted to stay with me forever after that.

Bongo waiting for the toy to be thrown

Bongo waiting for the toy in the air to come down

Bongo with the toy in his mouth

I showed them how good I was at catching.

They were impressed.

But this morning they all got into my person’s car and when the car came back only my person was in it.

Why did they leave? Did I do something wrong?

But then I remembered that they said they wanted to take me with them.

Wait for me! Here I come!

I’ll just make sure I’m back home by dinnertime.

Posted by on March 22, 2013 in Bongo, dogs, humor

Tags: , , , ,

25 responses to “Life After Dark

1. Will and Eko

March 22, 2013 at 10:59 am

Nothing like new friends to show off for!

March 22, 2013 at 1:27 pm

Will and Eko, I always love it when new friends come over to the house to see me.

2. jaspersdoggyworld

March 22, 2013 at 11:24 am

Me and Nellie are sure that your new friends will be back. After, all you are such a cute and adorable dog. Love Nellie and Jasper.

March 22, 2013 at 1:28 pm

Nellie and Jasper, I sure hope they come back. My person told me not to hold my breath though. Why would I do that? She says they go to school in Colorado and were just coming through on a college music tour.

March 22, 2013 at 11:42 am

Oh, I’m sure they’ll come back to visit. You are irresistible, Bongo!
    I’m jealous though, did you give them slobbery balls?
    🙂

March 22, 2013 at 1:29 pm

Marina, I did give them slobbery balls. But if you come for a visit I’ll give you slobbery balls too.

4. Two French Bulldogs

March 22, 2013 at 12:56 pm

How exciting! We love when mom brings more peoples to the house
    Benny & Lily

March 22, 2013 at 1:29 pm

Benny & Lily, it’s always good when people come to visit us. Lots of fun!

March 22, 2013 at 4:15 pm

Looks like if they had stayed a little long, you would have had them trained. Always good to have extra givers of hugs and loves around! (They look impressed – they are bound to be drawn back to play some more)

March 22, 2013 at 5:16 pm

Karen, I hope they come back again, but my person says they live far away.

6. angelswhisper2011

March 23, 2013 at 2:32 am

Oh, Bongo, the only one who can come up with that title is you: Life after dark…hehehe! Nice that you’ve got company of the sweet girls 🙂

March 23, 2013 at 12:03 pm

Angels Whisper, it was so fun having those girls visit me. I just wish they could have stayed longer.

7. barkandchatter

March 23, 2013 at 6:34 am

Glad you had fun Bongo! What a great catch!

March 23, 2013 at 12:04 pm

Thanks Bark and Chatter. It was great fun.

March 23, 2013 at 7:03 am

Oooooh! Those cute girls seemed to be enjoying to play with you Bongo! And yes, I can tell that they were impressed to see your ball cathcing from the pictures!
    I hope that you’ll have any opportunities to see them again! 🙂

March 23, 2013 at 12:06 pm

Kevin, those girls were all excited to see me. One of them said when she hears there’s going to be a dog somewhere she assumes it will be a little dog so she won’t be disappointed. She was very happy to see me – a big dog. My person says those girls live far away though, and were just passing through here with their college band. Maybe they will pass through again sometime.

9. kolytyi

March 23, 2013 at 9:29 am

Oh, Bongo, you need more social life! Tell your person to invite her friends more often to your crib! I love your smile (and adore your ball skills)!

March 23, 2013 at 12:08 pm

Kolytyi, my person says that every time she has friends over I get so excited that I destroy one of my toys. She says it’s getting expensive to replace them. I would let her take it out of my allowance, but she doesn’t give me one.

• kolytyi

March 24, 2013 at 5:49 am

The solution is simple: your person should ask her friends to bring a to for you when visiting you.

• kolytyi

March 24, 2013 at 5:50 am

a toy, of course

10. dianeskitchentable

March 23, 2013 at 2:33 pm

Maybe you could adopt them Bongo. They seem like very nice girls & I bet they never get tired of playing & giving kisses.

March 23, 2013 at 3:33 pm

Diane, they wanted to adopt me but my person wouldn’t go for it. Maybe that will work – I could adopt them instead.

• dianeskitchentable

March 24, 2013 at 9:32 am

They shouldn’t take up too much room & I’ll bet they’d be willing to take you for extra walks wherever you want to go. Win/win…

March 26, 2013 at 6:21 pm

Lad says you played catch? With girls? What a lucky guy!
    -the collies and chuck 🙂

March 26, 2013 at 7:11 pm

Lad, too bad you weren’t here. There were two girls so we could have both played catch.

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )