Outnumbered

04 Jun

Scratchy looking behind the couchScratchy, what are you doing? What’s back there behind that couch?

You’re not hiding something from me back there are you?

How come you’re not saying, Scratchy?

I guess I’d better check this out for myself.

Gizmo behind the couch

What is that back there behind the couch?

That’s not what I think it is, is it?

Scratchy, what have you been doing?

Did you bring a friend in here?

Scratchy following another cat

This is terrible! What am I going to do? There are two of them now.

Scratchy, please tell me you just invited a friend over for the day.

It’s what? Today is Hug Your Cat Day?

And now I’ve got to hug two cats?

Okay Scratchy, come here. I’ll give you a hug.

Oh.

You don’t want me to hug you and you figured you’re safe now that this other cat is here.

Then he’s leaving as soon as I hug him, right?

Gizmo arched up on the back of a couch

I don’t think he wants a hug.

So what happens if I don’t hug him? He’ll still go away, right?

What!? June is Adopt a Cat Month?

If I don’t hug him, he stays?

I’m outnumbered! This is going to be a terrible month.

What I want to know is – what month is Trade a Cat for a Dog Month?

Posted by on June 4, 2013 in Bongo, dogs, humor

Tags: , , , , , ,

29 responses to “Outnumbered

1. Anonymous

June 4, 2013 at 10:44 am

Scratchy has a friend?!?! 🙂

June 4, 2013 at 1:08 pm

Apparently so Jackie. His friend has been hanging around here the last couple of days and I get locked in the bedroom if I harass him. My person says I’m going to have to put more about him on my blog so everybody knows who he is.

2. Missy Mock Lower

June 4, 2013 at 1:02 pm

Oh Gizmo! Be nice to poor Bongo!

June 4, 2013 at 1:10 pm

Thanks Missy. Gizmo really needs to be kept in line. I haven’t been able to get him to come out and play with me once.

3. dianeskitchentable

June 4, 2013 at 1:32 pm

Oh oh…looks like you’re going to have to lay down some rules in your house Bongo. You might want to sleep with one eye open too. He is a cute little bugger though and I bet your person has a big enough heart to love you all. You the most though of course.

June 4, 2013 at 1:43 pm

Diane and Lola, I sure am going to have to sleep with one eye open. You never can trust those cats. If one cat can do all those things that I get blamed for, how much are two cats going to do?

• dianeskitchentable

June 4, 2013 at 6:12 pm

Hmmm, this could work out Bongo. Maybe they’ll end up blaming ech other. Keep practicing that innocent look.

June 4, 2013 at 8:14 pm

Great idea. Maybe they’ll forget to blame me.

June 4, 2013 at 1:37 pm

Hug Your Cat Day? *shiver* I’m a little afraid of cats, so I think I’ll pass. You can hug that extra cat for me, B. Thanks.

June 4, 2013 at 1:45 pm

Cupcake, I think that word “Your” saves you today. You don’t have to hug a cat unless it’s your cat. I’m really concerned because I already have one too many cats. Do I have two cats now? Yikes!

June 4, 2013 at 3:23 pm

Oh, no, not two!!! On the other hand, you are a super dog… two cats (one of them being Scratchy – sorry about that Scratchy! ) shouldn’t be a problem. Spinach and fish delivered to you asap!!! 🙂

June 4, 2013 at 8:11 pm

Marina, I keep trying to Super Dog the new cat and I keep ending up locked in the bedroom. No fair. This is my house after all. Do you think the spinach and fish delivery person can find the bedroom?

6. snoopys@snoopysdogblog

June 4, 2013 at 5:36 pm

Hey Bongo,

So the birds leave, you think you’re gonna get a rest and then ANOTHER Cat appears, you sure have your work cut out for you buddy, let me know if you need some help! 🙂

Big wags,

Your pal Snoopy 🙂

June 4, 2013 at 8:12 pm

Snoopy, I sure could use your help with all these cats. Or I might need your help getting out of the bedroom. I keep getting locked in there.

7. onebluedog

June 4, 2013 at 5:41 pm

Did you get another kitty, Bongo?? I hope he will be nicer to you than Scratchy is 😉

June 4, 2013 at 8:13 pm

Remy, so far things aren’t working out. Every time I try to play with this new cat I get locked in the bedroom.

8. Flo

June 4, 2013 at 8:16 pm

Oh dear. Poor Bongo. I love that last picture, it says it all.

June 4, 2013 at 10:34 pm

Flo, it’s really horrible around here. I’ve been getting locked in the bedroom all the time. I’m just trying to have a little fun.

9. angelswhisper2011

June 4, 2013 at 11:41 pm

Bongo, I must say his attitude is quite impressive, but you know how to handle that. Big Hug 🙂

June 5, 2013 at 12:02 am

Little Binky, I’d much rather hug you than the cats around here.

10. Dalton

June 5, 2013 at 3:19 am

Um is he here to stay?? You need another dog and quick!!

June 5, 2013 at 11:42 am

Dalton, I almost found another dog on the trail, but then his person showed up and he left.

June 5, 2013 at 7:48 am

Wow! A new family member, Bongo? How sweet!!! Do he and Scratchy already get along well?

June 5, 2013 at 11:43 am

Kevin, that’s what I’m worried about. They do seem to be getting along – except Scratchy thinks it’s a little too close when Gizmo touches noses with him. He likes to have two or three feet of space, so he hisses.

12. kolytyi

June 5, 2013 at 7:51 am

2 persons – 2 cats – and only 1 dog??? This logic is faulty!
    On the other hand, do you know what I saw last week? A beautiful brown labrador was lying on his side and a red cat was sitting on her back, kneading his waist. I think you should immediately hug the new cat so that he won’t make friends with Scratchy and acquire his bad habits but he could become your personal (or caninal?) masseur.

June 5, 2013 at 11:45 am

Kolytyi, I didn’t even know making friends with cats was possible. The only one I know is Scratchy – and Bubba from across the street, but I chase him away.I’ll have to go give Gizmo a hug quick.

June 11, 2013 at 5:13 pm

Bongo! Tell one of the cats the other said horrible things about it…. that will keep them separated! -Ginger

June 11, 2013 at 9:39 pm

Ginger, I’m definitely going to have to do something. Those cats are getting along with each other.