Food on the Table

07 Aug

Bongo near a table of foodI’ve got it all figured out now. All I have to do is convince my person there’s thunder outside and I’m scared to leave the house.

Sometimes I have to get Scratchy to growl – you know that low quiet kind of growl that cats do. And my person will think she’s heard thunder.

Then I get to go.

As soon as I hear the word car I’m out of here and headed for the car door.

I don’t care where we’re going as long as I get to go in the car – well, as long as it doesn’t end up at the dog hotel.

Today I really lucked out. I got to go to lunch.

Bongo at the table smiling

I really got excited when they brought the food to the table.

I couldn’t wait to see which plate was mine.

Bongo waiting patiently at the table

I waited patiently. It seemed like it was taking a long time for someone to hand me my plate.

My person got busy talking to our friends who were at the table with us.

I think she forgot all about me. They all started eating and talking.

Hey! Where’s mine?

I finally had to take things into my own hands paws.

Bongo sniffing the food

This one smells the best. It must be mine.

Do you believe it? They pushed me away and nobody shared even one little bite with me.

They ate all their food, and mine too.

Next time I come here, I’m having my plate served on the ground.

Posted by on August 7, 2013 in Bongo, dogs, humor

Tags: , , , , , ,

34 responses to “Food on the Table

August 7, 2013 at 11:12 am

Unbelievable, Bongo! Disgraceful!!! No manners these humans, at all!
    I’m out of words, Bongo and sending you a crate of fresh fish this instant!
    🙂

August 7, 2013 at 9:31 pm

Thanks Marina. I’m going to eat all the fish myself and not share any with my person.

2. PigLove

August 7, 2013 at 11:36 am

Oh Bongo – unbelievable. Not even a tiny little itsy bite? What were the humans thinking? They have to share something – even if it’s just a sliver. Put your paws down my friend for next time. You get to eat FIRST. Or, you can do what I do. Look longing at the humans, grunt a little here and there, while they are eating. Make moaning noises like you are just going to shrivel up to nothing if you don’t get a nibble of something. XOXO – Bacon

August 7, 2013 at 9:32 pm

Bacon, I’ll work on those moaning noises. If that doesn’t work I don’t think anything will.

3. Traveling Cats

August 7, 2013 at 12:14 pm

That lunch looks delicious, Bongo boy.

August 7, 2013 at 9:33 pm

Cats, I wouldn’t know since I didn’t get to eat any. It sure smelled good, but I guess you’ll have to ask my person about the taste.

4. snoopys@snoopysdogblog

August 7, 2013 at 1:59 pm

That’s just mean Bongo!

When I go to eat with the humans I’m really good and then when they’re finished mine arrives in a special little bowl – a dish from the doggie menu! Yum!

Have fun,

Your pal Snoopy 🙂

August 7, 2013 at 9:34 pm

Snoopy, thanks for the tip. I’ll have to make sure my person only goes to restaurants with doggie menus from now on.

August 7, 2013 at 2:21 pm

That is just WRONG, B. When I went to lunch with Mom, I didn’t get lucky either. I mean, they brought me a bowl of water, but I was so excited, I sat in it. Ugh. Better luck next time.

• Patricia

August 7, 2013 at 7:22 pm

That really is excited!

August 7, 2013 at 9:35 pm

Cupcake, I’m working on training my person. It seems to be a constant battle. Next time we go to a restaurant I’m expecting my very own meal.

6. Anonymous

August 7, 2013 at 2:34 pm

Bongo, it was so good to see you and your person! But Bongo you did get a morsel when the bread fell off the plate to the ground! Sorry I just had to bust you boy!

August 7, 2013 at 9:36 pm

Susan, don’t tell anybody. I’m trying to make everyone feel sorry for me.

7. onebluedog

August 7, 2013 at 4:07 pm

Oh, Bongo, you’ll have to come lunch with me next time! Mom always gives me at least a tiny taste for hanging out patiently 🙂

August 7, 2013 at 9:36 pm

Remy, I’m with you next time for sure. The heck with my person and her restaurants.

8. Patricia

August 7, 2013 at 7:23 pm

That’s just wrong, Bongo! After all the time you spend taking your person for walks you don’t get a plate at lunch…just not right.

August 7, 2013 at 9:40 pm

Patricia, I so agree with you. Maybe I should refuse to take my person for a few walks and see how she feels. Oh yeah, I guess I already do that – every time there’s thunder.

9. Two French Bulldogs

August 7, 2013 at 9:54 pm

We are the same way, car, car, car, we love it
    Benny & Lily

August 7, 2013 at 10:09 pm

Benny & Lily, it’s even better when you get to go in the car and then the car stops at a really awesome place.

10. Dalton

August 8, 2013 at 2:18 am

I can’t believe that they ate your food. You do have to put up with a lot Bongo!!

August 8, 2013 at 10:19 pm

Dalton, I’m so glad you understand. Sometimes I just feel so dejected.

• Dalton

August 9, 2013 at 12:52 am

You always have my sympathies!

11. bumpyroadtobubba

August 8, 2013 at 3:23 am

I would have shared with you Bongo … and so would Bubba!

August 8, 2013 at 10:20 pm

Bumpy Road, next time I’m going out to eat with you and Bubba.

12. mollieandalfie

August 8, 2013 at 7:37 am

That’s wrong Bongo, they invite you out for lunch and give you nothing! xx00xx

Mollie and Alfie

August 8, 2013 at 10:21 pm

Mollie and Alfie, sometimes my person is so inconsiderate. I guess I’m going to have to teach her some manners.

August 8, 2013 at 7:38 am

I, m with you Bongo…they should have shared…it was so rude of them to ignore you. I would share all the food I havd with you

August 8, 2013 at 10:21 pm

Patrecia, next time I’ll go eat with you. It sounds like a much better deal.

August 8, 2013 at 8:20 am

Oh no….poor Bongo….I can see you waiting for your plate having excited face….so sorry to hear that you didn’t get any of them….they look very delicious, don’t they?

August 8, 2013 at 10:22 pm

Kevin, it sure smelled good. It just wasn’t fair – me not getting any. Maybe you can come with me next time. They can’t ignore two of us.

15. angelswhisper2011

August 9, 2013 at 12:08 pm

OMC..Bongo you better come over to my place, they share everything with me. Granny and Grandpa can’t resist an asking face 🙂

August 11, 2013 at 12:13 pm

Little Binky, I’m on my way. My person says she doesn’t want to spoil me – something about teaching me to beg. If she would just give me the food I wouldn’t have to beg.

August 11, 2013 at 12:57 pm

Well I always say if they dont share water their chair… hehehe _Ginger

August 11, 2013 at 1:03 pm

Ginger, that might work once – but I might not get the chance to water that restaurant chair ever again. I’ll just have to work on some other method to get food – like maybe accidentally knocking a plate off the table.