Untied

20 Oct

Jesus healing the crippled womanI’m done with Bible stories. Last week you told me I was going to get into trouble for the mischief that happens around here when you’re not home.

You’ve got to believe me. It’s Scratchy that does it.

Okay, I’ll listen to the story.

***

On a Sabbath Jesus was teaching in one of the synagogues, and a woman was there who had been crippled by a spirit for eighteen years.

***

Bring that woman to me. I’ll give that spirit what for.

What do you mean, I can’t give a spirit what for? I bet I can.

Okay, I’ll listen.

***

The woman was bent over and could not straighten up at all.

***

Maybe I could bark at her and scare her straight. You know, kind of like when you scare the hiccups out of someone.

I am listening.

***

When Jesus saw the woman, he called her forward and said to her, “Woman, you are set free from your infirmity.” Then he put his hands on her, and immediately she straightened up and praised God.

***

Is that all it took? I could have put my paws on her.

***

Indignant because Jesus had healed on the Sabbath, the synagogue ruler said to the people, “There are six days for work. So come and be healed on those days, not on the Sabbath.”

The Lord answered him, “You hypocrites!”

You tell them, Jesus.

I’m listening. I’m just getting involved in the story.

***

Jesus continued, “Doesn’t each of you on the Sabbath untie his ox or donkey from the stall and lead it out to give it water? Then should not this woman, a daughter of Abraham, whom Satan has kept bound for eighteen long years, be set free on the Sabbath day from what bound her?”

***

That woman was tied up? Did somebody have to take her out on a leash too?

I guess that’s kind of like you, person. I have to take you out on a leash.

***

When Jesus said these things, all his opponents were humiliated, but the people were delighted with all the wonderful things he was doing.

***

That was really nice of Jesus to untie that woman and let her go on walks without a leash, but I’m not going to let you off your leash, person.

I’m afraid you might wander off.

Posted by on October 20, 2013 in Bongo, Dogology, dogs, humor

Tags: , , , , , , , ,

13 responses to “Untied

October 20, 2013 at 11:20 am

Keeping your person on a leash is a good idea, Bongo – well, not for the same reasons but -as you say- you don’t want her wandering off!
    You are such a good apprentice I think He could use you as an assistant. I’m sure those paws have healing powers! 🙂

October 20, 2013 at 1:20 pm

Marina, I’m not sure if my paws have healing powers, but my kisses do. Especially the big, slobbery ones.

2. farfetchedfriends

October 20, 2013 at 6:25 pm

Being set free is the best thing ever. 🙂

October 20, 2013 at 7:17 pm

Farfetched, my person keeps telling me that, but she still won’t let go of my leash.

October 21, 2013 at 6:27 am

I’m glad to hear that Jesus decided to set the woman free from her infirmity….she must have been so tired from bending over for 8 years…..

October 21, 2013 at 11:00 am

Kevin, that really would have been tiring. Too bad she couldn’t have turned her arms into legs so she could walk around like we do – but I guess Jesus fixed all that for her. I bet she really liked Jesus after that.

4. snoopys@snoopysdogblog

October 21, 2013 at 7:37 am

Hey Bongo

I can’t believe they don’t think Scratchy does all the mischief, just as if you’d be doing any?! 🙂

Wags to all,

Your pal Snoopy 🙂

October 21, 2013 at 11:02 am

Snoopy, it doesn’t make sense to me either. Scratchy is just as much of a mischief maker – I mean, Scratchy is the only mischief maker in this house. Well, except my person pulls mischief sometimes too.

5. FleaByte

October 21, 2013 at 8:25 am

Bongo! Are you saying your mama has a spirit of infirmity every time you take her for a walk?!

You make me laugh so hard with your responses to Jesus, Bongo. Sometimes I respond the same way. 😉

October 21, 2013 at 11:04 am

FleaByte, I guess that’s what you call it. Whatever it is, I just can’t trust my person not to wander off on me if I ever let her off my leash.

October 27, 2013 at 10:53 am

Jesus is cool! We love him. Wish he would knock down our fences so we could run all over!

October 28, 2013 at 9:46 pm

Collies, do you think Jesus is in cahoots with our people – leaving our fences up?