Turkey for Me!

25 Nov

Cooked turkeyI don’t believe it!

This is too good to be true!

My younger person came home this weekend just to make me a turkey.

A nice, juicy, meaty, scrumptious turkey!

All for me!

I am in dog heaven right now. I can’t wait to get my jaws around that turkey.

It smells so good.

Bongo looking up at a cooked turkey on the counter

Hey younger person, that turkey is just a little bit out of my reach.

I know you don’t like me counter surfing, so do you think maybe you could just put the whole thing in my dish?

Bongo giving the sad look with a turkey behind him on the counter

You’re being kind of slow with that turkey, younger person.

All you have to do is pick it up, take it over to my dish, and drop it in?

What do you mean, you’re not going to do that?

I thought you made that turkey just for me.

What!? It’s not for me?

But this is my house. Aren’t all turkeys cooked in my house made for my benefit?

I guess I’ll have to do some counter surfing after all.

Younger person standing over the turkey

Oh please younger person. Can’t I have just one little bite?

Monday Mischief Pet Blog Hop

Click here to find more mischievous pets.

Posted by on November 25, 2013 in Bongo, dogs, humor

Tags: , , , ,

42 responses to “Turkey for Me!

1. Kimberly M. Ringer

November 25, 2013 at 10:37 am

I think younger person is saying “No Bongo. Not for Bongo.”

Where you able to get a few pieces from him that “accidently” fell on the floor?

November 26, 2013 at 12:02 pm

Kimberly, I did manage to get a few little pieces. I’m still waiting for more.

November 25, 2013 at 10:51 am

Um, he doesnt look like he is going to give you that turkey…. Lad says water his leg and then snatch that turkey and run! heheheh Happy Thanksgiving Bongo!
    -the collies

November 26, 2013 at 12:03 pm

Lad, that’s a great idea. I’d better find a really good place to hide and eat that turkey though.

3. PigLove

November 25, 2013 at 11:00 am

aaww – come on younger person – just one little teeny weeny little bite? I like turkey Bongo. Don’t tell me I’m going to have to go through the same thing here at the Hotel Thompson. This should totally be outlawed! XOXO – Bacon

November 26, 2013 at 12:04 pm

Bacon, all pets – except cats – should be allowed to sit at the table and share in the feast on Thanksgiving.

• PigLove

November 26, 2013 at 2:38 pm

Oh I agree with you my friend 100%. No purr things allowed here at the Hotel Thompson at the table. Just me – mine, mine, mine -snorts . XOXO – Bacon

4. Alfie Entlebucher (@AlfieEntle)

November 25, 2013 at 11:10 am

Rooo that is one pawsome looking turkey – I’m sure there’ll be nough for you too *Waggy tail*

November 26, 2013 at 12:05 pm

Alfie, I got little bits but I hear there’s more in the freezer. Maybe they’ll forget about it until they don’t want it anymore and they’ll give it all to me.

November 25, 2013 at 11:39 am

Okay… wait until he turns his back and then whoosh …surf that counter!!! 🙂

November 26, 2013 at 12:06 pm

Marina, I tried that this morning but all that was left was turkey smell.

November 25, 2013 at 11:41 am

I think that the look on younger person’s face says it all..the answer is NO!
    But maybe they will give you some little bits to nibble on if you are very patient

November 26, 2013 at 12:07 pm

Patrecia, I did get some really little bits. That just made me want more. There should be enough to go around, right?

7. FireBonnet

November 25, 2013 at 12:11 pm

My folks wouldn’t let me have the turkey either, but they DID let me lick their plates… and the gravy was VERY tasty. ~Cooper

November 26, 2013 at 12:08 pm

Cooper, you are so lucky. I never get to lick plates – but sometimes they put a little bit in mine.

8. Kuruk

November 25, 2013 at 12:22 pm

Oh Bongo, I’m sure you’ll get at least half of it! Wooooowoooooooooo!

November 26, 2013 at 12:09 pm

Ku, I know they can’t eat it all, so maybe they will save half for me.

9. Home

November 25, 2013 at 12:26 pm

They should at least let you have the left overs. I would give you a whole smaller turkey all for yourself Bongo just for being such a good dog.

November 26, 2013 at 12:09 pm

Thanks Susan. My people are pretty stingy with their turkey. I just got tiny little bits.

November 25, 2013 at 12:27 pm

You know that movie with Ralphie and the Red Ryder Rifle where the dogs go in and get the turkey….helps to have friends in paws to run interference like in the movie?
    Molly and the German will be sniffling and looking pathetic, too….maybe an extra Greenie?

November 26, 2013 at 12:11 pm

Karen, I think I might have to watch that movie for some tips, ’cause Greenies aren’t nearly as good as turkey. Maybe I can gather up some of my neighbor dogs to help – or invite Molly and the German over here.

• philosophermouseofthehedge

November 26, 2013 at 1:09 pm

The German is already practicing: paws off the counter! paws off the counter!

11. sandrabranum

November 25, 2013 at 12:30 pm

Hey Bongo, Please pass some of that juicy turkey my way!

November 26, 2013 at 12:11 pm

Sandra, as soon as I get my paws on it I’ll send some over to you.

• sandrabranum

November 27, 2013 at 12:01 am

Great! Can’t wait Bongo. Just make sure it’s turkey not bones.

12. tylersat99

November 25, 2013 at 12:54 pm

That turkey really does look good, we would all really like some of that juicy turkey. Surely the young person will give you some when they cut it.

November 26, 2013 at 12:12 pm

Lexie and Mica, I’m hoping my younger person will get tired of my slobber dripping on the floor and give me some.

13. Two French Bulldogs

November 25, 2013 at 1:45 pm

You are going to have to bribe that guard for a piece
    Lily

November 26, 2013 at 12:13 pm

Lily, first I have to figure out what he would take for a bribe that he thinks is better than the turkey.

November 25, 2013 at 4:19 pm

That is a good looking turkey! You may need a bigger bowl, B.

Love and licks and a drool puddle,

November 26, 2013 at 12:14 pm

Cupcake, you’re right – it won’t all fit in my bowl. That’s okay. I’m perfectly happy eating it off the floor.

15. Dalton

November 26, 2013 at 3:54 am

I’ll distract him if you grab the turkey! it’s me Dalton by the way, stooped computer won’t let me log in as me :0(

November 26, 2013 at 12:15 pm

Thanks Dalton. With two of us I’m sure we can get that turkey. (Your comment did come in as you.)

November 26, 2013 at 7:14 am

Awwww…..that turkey is really big one!!! *drools* It is a tortur not to give you that gorgeous turkey!!!! *still dribbling* *whisper* If you get a big bite, could you give me some? 🙂

November 26, 2013 at 12:16 pm

Kevin, come on over. There’s enough for both of us. Hopefully I’ll have that turkey in my paws before you get here.

17. kolytyi

November 26, 2013 at 10:39 am

I think your younger person should be sentenced to some days in dog jail. Without the turkey, of course, only on bread and water.

November 26, 2013 at 12:17 pm

Kolytyi, that sounds like a great idea. Once I get my younger person in dog jail the turkey is all mine.

18. angelswhisper2011

November 29, 2013 at 12:12 am

Who can resist your -begging- asking face…I couldn’t 🙂

November 29, 2013 at 9:22 pm

Little Binky, you’d think my person would want to give me that whole turkey.

19. dianeskitchentable

December 2, 2013 at 5:39 pm

Seems like sharing is what Thanksgiving is all about, plus that’s a pretty big turkey. Careful though Bongo, I got in trouble one year just for licking the turkey and I didn’t even eat it! Diane says that’s why I haven’t been invited back to the turkey party (but Diane says I’m not missing much cause they don’t like dogs there).

December 2, 2013 at 11:11 pm

Lola, I think we should have our own turkey party – just for dogs.