Healing

31 May

Bongo next to a healing prickly pear cactusI’ve got some good news to share with you.

You see, a little over a year ago there was some serious mischief on my trails.

A crime actually.

Someone had murdered some of my prickly pear cacti.

If you want to know how terrible this crime was you can click on this link here.

Ever since then I’ve been sad every time I walk by and see them.

But those prickly pear are hardy.

And they’re beginning to show signs of healing.

They must have only been almost murdered.

How do I know?

Because dead cacti don’t grow flowers.

Damaged prickly pear cactus with blossoms

It’s like a miracle on my trails.

And things have gotten even better.

The injured prickly pear keep getting more flowers.

Damaged prickly pear with blossoms

But please be careful around these prickly pear.

If you tell them they still look ugly…

they might shed a few flowers.

Posted by on May 31, 2014 in Bongo, dogs, humor

Tags: , , , , ,

26 responses to “Healing

May 31, 2014 at 10:46 am

That is sad. Maybe someone hit them with a stick. That was very nasty and naughtyof them. I expect it was children , they do naughty things like that.. but most plants are very strong especially those in desert areas..so it is good to see it coming back to life.
    if you ever find out who did it, you have my consent to bite their bums….

May 31, 2014 at 12:25 pm

Patrecia, if I ever find out who hurt those cacti I’m giving them what for for sure.

May 31, 2014 at 11:24 am

I think Mother Nature put on her DetectiveDog hat and fixed the mystery. They’re on their way back!

May 31, 2014 at 12:25 pm

Cupcake, that’s for sure. Mischievous people don’t win out in the end. Only mischievous dogs.

3. guineapigsqueak

May 31, 2014 at 12:45 pm

Like a pheonix from the ashes these flowers emerge. Whee are glad to see they’re coming back!
    Mop, Dusty, Billy, Pip, Cupcake and Cocoa xx

May 31, 2014 at 7:29 pm

Pigs, those prickly pear are really tough. You can cut part of one off and plant it in hard, dry dirt and it will take root.

4. Mags Corner

May 31, 2014 at 2:16 pm

We have some of those sweet Bongo and no matter what happens to them or how damaged they get they still bloom. We think they are a good example to us to never give up…no matter what happens to us we should just keep right on blooming…what do you think? Hugs and nose kisses

May 31, 2014 at 7:34 pm

Chancy and Mumsy, that’s a great philosophy of life. Keep on blooming. Hugs and nose kisses back to you.

May 31, 2014 at 2:42 pm

Ah, Bongo, it really is a miracle! Amazing how nature works! Then again, it could be that they bloomed just for you! 🙂

May 31, 2014 at 7:34 pm

Marina, I’m sure they were happy to see me every time I walked by. That’s probably why they started blooming.

6. Barbara

May 31, 2014 at 2:50 pm

Mother Nature is wonderful, just look at what she’s done – the prickly pear is very resilient and has come back to life with probably more floweers than before, so you can admire it again Bongo!

May 31, 2014 at 7:36 pm

Barbara, I guess Mother Nature is stronger than a bunch of cactus destroying hoodlums. I hope they learned not to mess with Mother Nature.

7. Marty the Manx

May 31, 2014 at 7:46 pm

Ahhh Mother Nature! You will persevere! Thanks Bongo!

June 1, 2014 at 3:23 pm

Marty, my trails always seem to hang in there.

8. dogdaz

May 31, 2014 at 7:57 pm

Yeah for the flowers. Can’t keep a good cactus down.

June 1, 2014 at 3:24 pm

That’s so true Dogdaz. Those cacti are tougher than nails.

May 31, 2014 at 8:56 pm

What a wonderful news it is Bongo! I’m so surprised to see their vital energies! Horray!
    I know they look still a little ugly but their fliwers are much more gorgeous than they had before! 🙂

June 1, 2014 at 3:27 pm

Kevin, it’s amazing how those prickly pear bounce back. You can even cut part of one off, plant it in dry dirt, and it will take root.

10. fredrieka

June 1, 2014 at 3:53 am

the flowers are beautiful Bongo, I know you are sending them to me. Woof!

June 1, 2014 at 3:32 pm

Fredrieka, of course they’re for you. You’ll have to enjoy the pictures though. If I try to pick them I might get pricklers from the cactus they’re attached to.

June 1, 2014 at 2:32 pm

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Boo for the crushers! We love prickly pears! (at a distance)

June 1, 2014 at 3:36 pm

Definitely at a distance. My person took lots of pictures of the prickly pear flowers on my trails and she got too close a couple of times.

12. Dalton

June 2, 2014 at 2:22 am

Great news!!

June 2, 2014 at 10:45 pm

Thanks Dalton. You can’t knock down a cactus on my trails.

13. angelswhisper2011

June 4, 2014 at 12:17 pm

I think it’s a sign 🙂 Pawkisses for a Happy Week 🙂

June 15, 2014 at 4:53 pm

Little Binky, those prickly pear cacti are really hardy.