Let’s Have Some Quiet

20 Sep

Gotta be louderMy person has a big machine to pick up all the hair I get on the carpets. She says it’s called a vacuum cleaner. That machine makes so much noise. It sounds like it’s trying to take over the house whenever it is turned on, and I have to do something about it.

So I bark at it. I get right down next to it on the floor and I bark. Most of the time it just keeps on making that noise and I have to bark over it, but sometimes it gets quiet. Sometimes when it gets quiet my person puts me in the bedroom and shuts the door. Pretty nervy of her – shutting me inside the bedroom. Then that vacuum cleaner thing starts right up with its noise, but it’s not quite so loud because I’m locked in the bedroom.

The noise gets far away for awhile, but then my person opens the bedroom door and in comes that vacuum cleaner – noise and all. Time to start barking again.

Finally the vacuum cleaner goes silent and gets put back in its closet. No more noise for awhile. Yay! But there doesn’t seem to be much of my hair on the carpet any more. I think I’ll roll around on it for awhile.

Posted by on September 20, 2011 in Bongo, dogs, humor, pets

Tags:

12 responses to “Let’s Have Some Quiet

1. lolapup

September 20, 2011 at 12:12 pm

I hate the vacuum! I bark at it and bite at it, but it just keeps coming. Horrible!

September 20, 2011 at 4:04 pm

You are more brave than I am Bongo. When that thing shows up at my home I run away to another room. Maybe you could come over and eat mine too!

3. BongoDogOwner

September 20, 2011 at 9:48 pm

Rumpy, is yours as noisy as mine? You’ve got to get rid of that thing.

4. bonesdiary

September 21, 2011 at 2:52 am

I attack the vacuum cleaner because it makes too much noise too, although I think our Alf could drown it out when he starts.

• BongoDogOwner

September 21, 2011 at 11:27 am

Bones, I’m glad I’m not the only one. I think we should have an anti-vacuum chorus.

September 21, 2011 at 10:47 am

I must admit that the noise doesn’t bother me. I follow De around when she is vacuuming and sit down in places that she wants to clean – good annoying fun 🙂

• BongoDogOwner

September 21, 2011 at 11:27 am

Bassa, that’s such a good idea. Blocking the vacuum cleaner’s path sounds like great fun.

6. Sandra Branum

September 23, 2011 at 5:34 pm

You’re fortunate that you have a bagless vacuum. Mr. Sammo used to bite my vacuum’s bag and I’d have to smack him on the noggin.

• BongoDogOwner

September 24, 2011 at 4:40 pm

Sandra, I’m sure glad I don’t get smacked on the noggin, but it might be fun to have a bag to bite. -Bongo