Jumping on the Bed

21 Sep
Maybe she'll get out of bed for my snake

Maybe she'll get out of bed for my snake.

When I want to get attention I jump. My people have a really hard time ignoring me when I’m jumping. When I want to get my person out of bed in the morning I jump right next to her bed. Then I jump again – and I jump three or four more times. Sometimes that doesn’t work and she rolls over and tries to ignore me. Then I jump onto her bed. She usually gets mad at me then and tries to push me off. I jump right back on. Eventually all this jumping gets through to her and she gets up and lets me outside and then feeds me.

After I’ve taken care of business and had my breakfast I feel really good and find a comfy spot and go back to sleep. I don’t know why my person doesn’t do the same. I get worn out from all my jumping, but I guess it doesn’t affect her the same way.

Posted by on September 21, 2011 in Bongo, dogs, humor, pets

Tags:

6 responses to “Jumping on the Bed

1. b0ng0

September 21, 2011 at 12:26 pm

fun to read of your morning sports, Bongo. I just put my nose onto the bed and puff like a walrus, and if this wasn’ enough, I’ll drop a paw heavily on the persons body I chose for my purpose, and if there is no answer, then a second paw just to ask, if somebody needs to be rescued – usually that’s enough.

• BongoDogOwner

September 21, 2011 at 2:48 pm

Wow Bongo – I never tried the subtle approach. I’m a high energy kind of guy so I start out with a bang.

2. Crystal Rayne

September 21, 2011 at 3:33 pm

Oh Bongo take heart I think all dogs are jumpers. We have four kangaroos disguised as doggies at our house. If nothing else you can be given the award for persistent 😉 Keep on jumping!

• BongoDogOwner

September 21, 2011 at 5:09 pm

Jumping is one of my favorite things to do. I’m glad your dogs enjoy it too. -Bongo

September 23, 2011 at 2:46 am

I used to nibble toes but I am not allowed in the bedroom now so I bark a couple of times and then walk up and down very heavily. Usually does the trick!

• BongoDogOwner

September 23, 2011 at 9:21 am

Bassa, sorry you don’t get to do the nibbling anymore. Barking works, but direct contact is so much more fun.

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )